Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50514 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 01:08 AM »
I always wanted a Sarlacc playset that was the base with stands for a barge, and 2 skiffs to hover over it.  The Barge would be a separate playset then...  To-scale, simple plastic that opens up, no frills or anything...  Big play/display place for figures.

You can drop them in the pit and whatnot...  Fun fun fun!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 01:34 PM »
GH has confirmed with Hasbro that the other three figures in this wave are Barada, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett. Apparently Derryl Depriest told GH that the Boba Fett will be a "combination of previously released Boba Fetts"..whatever that means.  Also, no details on the Hoth wave until October.  Nationa Security issues and all ;).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 02:24 PM »
GH has confirmed with Hasbro that the other three figures in this wave are Barada, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett. Apparently Derryl Depriest told GH that the Boba Fett will be a "combination of previously released Boba Fetts"..whatever that means.  Also, no details on the Hoth wave until October.  Nationa Security issues and all ;).

That does suck very much, another year without Yarna  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Apparently Derryl Depriest told GH that the Boba Fett will be a "combination of previously released Boba Fetts"..whatever that means.

GOOD IDEA (we won't get this): VOTC Boba Fett with removable helmet and Jango head.

BAD IDEA (would this surprise you?): 300th Boba Fett with ROTJ color scheme.

REALLY BAD IDEA (please no): POTF2 Boba Fett with Saga Kamino Escape Jango Fett arm with the little lasso thing.

Personally, I'm a little concerned that they're going back to the midget Chewbacca figures after doing them, you know, accurately for four or five years now.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Let's hope that it's a VOTC boba fett with a removable helmet. Perferrably with the AT-TE Tank gunner's head and not the Saga kamino escape head. Also, Let's hope it's based mainly off of the VOTC version, too. another collection with a quick-draw boba fett and I'll go insane.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 02:25 AM »
I was already thinking VOTC w/removable helmet and the Jango head under there...  Scars and all (Boba had to have hit some rough spots in life to get those dents).  I'd dig that bigtime.  Slap an ESB paintjob on that guy and I'm all for it...  It's not in the movies, but knowing what Boba's look is now, I think a removable helmet Boba would rock.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2005, 11:08 AM »
The guy who reported the contents of this wave (before Comic-con I might add) is fairly reliable. He actually has seen this wave's card back which has a picture of all 6 figures. I can say with 100% certainty that Boba is not the VOTC Boba Fett. I looks like it's the Pit of Carkoon Boba. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2005, 06:07 AM »
I just hope the Chewie is some iteration of the VOTC/Early Bird sculpt, since I have neither.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2005, 10:59 AM »
I just hope the Chewie is some iteration of the VOTC/Early Bird sculpt, since I have neither.

The word is that it's more like the ROTS sculpt with a chain.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2005, 02:26 PM »

The word is that it's more like the ROTS sculpt with a chain.

:'(

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2005, 02:13 AM »
The guy who reported the contents of this wave (before Comic-con I might add) is fairly reliable. He actually has seen this wave's card back which has a picture of all 6 figures. I can say with 100% certainty that Boba is not the VOTC Boba Fett. I looks like it's the Pit of Carkoon Boba. :P

Yep. He also says there's no parts change from what he can see and that it's a repaint.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Man, Chewbacca had a whole other hairstyle when he was all dolled up with cains in JP, so I'm hping he at least sports the ROTJ headsculpt.  Why not just slap a dog collar accessory on the VOTC Chewie, ya know?

Oh well, if the accessory is, at least, removable itself...  That'd be cool.  I will just give it ot my VOTC Chewbacca.

I hope Barada's sorta new...   :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I agree, it would be nice to see the VOTC style Chewie re-used (with added chain) if they have to re-use one.  I guess I'd be happier seeing the ROTS Chewbacca than the previous POTF2 "Chewie in Chains" version.  I think that figure would look laughable next to the new stuff now, and tiny.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2005, 10:20 AM »

I hope Barada's sorta new...   :-\

I was hoping so too. It sounds like he may be repainted, but that could mean just a new wash. I'd like to see him with the Luke skiff colored pants, but upon closer inspection, I noticed that that Barada in the film also has an additional shirt so I'm afraid we'd need a new scuplt to get an accurate Barada on the Luke skiff. :(

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Honestly, I'll be a bit miffed if they start re-using VOTC sculpts already.  Many of them haven't even been out a year.  It would be insulting to see them on the pegs for almost 5 dollars less already.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com