Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50695 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #120 on: October 8, 2005, 02:29 AM »
I'll pass on all for sure except for Bib, and I'll have to see Leia to see. I guess I am the lone wolf as I just cannot be excited for this stuff. Leia could be cool, and I'll probably get her. I'll get Bib because I want a new one. Han, sorry, I have to pass. I don't see articulation or enough there to justify buying the figure, its yucky to quote my daugther. Boba and Chewie, I have em, including both versions of Boba.
I guess I compare the repacks to old girlfriends; been there and done it, no need to do it again. I will ALWAYS pass on any rehashes that I already have. So, overall, this wave does not have me in the hunter mode to find it.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 8, 2005, 10:49 PM »
they are definately not what I wanted as my "ultimates" of each sculpt, and I really wish they would stick to Super Articulation for Major Characters (Han Solo, cough cough)... but I am just glad to see OT figures again.  Hasbro knows they had me at "A long time ago....."

My wish/hopes for the Hoth wave are pretty much tempered now though.  I won't have my hopes up, which will be good, if my expectaions are not too high, not only can I not be disappointed, I might even be surprised....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: October 9, 2005, 12:48 AM »
I'm not real high on any of these right now either.  Especially 3 of the 6 being repacks. 

I've said repeatedly that the line dies after this year and the repacks to me mean that Hasbro is milking this for all its worth.

I'm really ambivalent, to be honest.  The line has given so so much, there are about 10 figures I'd be bummed if they never did, there are about 5 resculpts that would again suck if they didn't get to but for the most part, I can say they went much much farther than I ever thought they would

Not spending the money on putting out a NEW Barada (or at least ******* repainting the damn thing) or making someone like Sgt Doallyn....it sucks but it is what it is, and when the pegs are full of shite in 9 months and Wal*Mar tells Hasbro to hose off, hopefully most of those 15 figures I want have been made

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #123 on: October 9, 2005, 04:01 PM »
P.S. to my earlier post: unless the paint on Barada is noticeably different, I doubt I'll buy it since I already have the old version. For some reason I was thinking it was new. (Just me bein' stoopid.)

That isn't a bad figure, but he's not spectacular enough that I need two, and IMO he's not really generic enough for army building or background filler.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2005, 04:02 PM by #61 Senator Dork »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 9, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Oh I agree with Scott.  Hasbro has churned out a ton of stuff I never thought they would.  I am happy for the most part.  It is just nagging when they have made some really obscure stuff that nobody really asked for much like say Ach Med Baq or whatever his name is but yet most everyone would like to see a R5-D4 resculpt, Hermi Odle, CZ-3, Hem Dazon, etc.  That is when it kind of sucks for me I guess.  But I am not sitting at home to upset about it. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #125 on: October 9, 2005, 07:34 PM »
In the long run, I think Hasbro will make all of those figures that we want (CZ-3 and so on...) but they know that they've got to spread out all of the goodies over the next few years.  In truth, they've made many, many things I'd never thought we'd see, so I am hopefull that we'll get what we want. It's just a waiting game now.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 9, 2005, 09:16 PM »
I'll keep being an optimist with this line since I have been since 1995- we will get figures like a CZ droid, Hermie Odle, etc. eventually.  If Hasbro jumped in and made all these figures like some people wanted years ago (including myself) then what left would there be to make other than constant resculpts and rehashes?  This is the way to keep the line going, and as a lifetime fan, I wish to see the line go on for years, not to get everything left that I want made in one big bang and then it to be over.  That would be fun for about a year, then it would suck. 

Keep the line going.  Include rehashes and resculpts when necessary.  And I by no means worship Hasbro, but in what was considered a non-collector's year in 2005, I think it's been the best year for collecting in the modern era.

Plus, don't forget there is a TV series coming.  That means more figures.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: October 9, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Each wave they make though is another year probably that we WON'T be getting a Hermi Odle or a Hem Dazon...again...its not Hasbro that will end the line, its retail and by reissuing stuff to people who already have everything over and over, that to me means pegwarmers and the end of the line

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2005, 01:04 AM »
I wouldn't say I'm an optimist when it comes to hasbro, but a pragmatist.  Everything is eventual.  That's for sure.  Hasbro, given the time and opportunity, will make all the figs we want, because otherwise, they're out of business.  On the other hand, I can understand the anxiety of some who worry the market will abandon SW before Hasbro meets their demand.  I think it's a real risk, but I don't think the bottom is about to fall out of SW by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2005, 02:00 PM »
I don't think it's about to fall out either.  Look how great the OTC line did, and that was almost entirely repacks.  If we can get at least 50% new sculpts and make lower production numbers on most of the repacks, I think the line will be fine.

I also remember back in 1997-1998 or so collectors were saying that Hasbro would NEVER do repacks.  I remember getting into arguments saying that I wanted the Ishi Tib and Gamorrean figure to be re-released, and later the Commtech Stormtrooper... about 99% of the people seemed to say that it wouldn't ever happen.  I'd like to see the Ishi Tib put out again in 2006, or even a new sculpt but they could use the same head.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2005, 03:27 PM »
^ Yeah, not to go totally off the subject, but it does bug me that they never rerelease any of the rarer/less common figures (such as Ree-Yees, Ishi Tib, POTF2 Expanded Universe, SA Clone, Holo Sid, etc.), and instead repack the same damn crappy figures over and over. In principle I don't have a knee-jerk hate for repacks, but Hasbro's process for choosing them really sucks. ::)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 03:27 PM by #61 Senator Dork »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2005, 11:15 PM »
^ Yeah, not to go totally off the subject, but it does bug me that they never rerelease any of the rarer/less common figures (such as Ree-Yees, Ishi Tib, POTF2 Expanded Universe, SA Clone, Holo Sid, etc.), and instead repack the same damn crappy figures over and over. In principle I don't have a knee-jerk hate for repacks, but Hasbro's process for choosing them really sucks. ::)

I totally agree, but I think the way Hasbro sees it, those figures didn't sell because no one bought them. Why repack them? Failing to recognize the fact that no one bought them because they couldn't get them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2005, 11:33 AM »
New pics of the Carkoon wave at GH.com

I love that Bib Fortuna figure...and Boussh is super ******* cool also. Han is ok. Would have like ball jointed knees, but I'll take what I can get. I wonder if he has the disguised ball jointed knees like the ROTS Dooku?

The rest I can pass on.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Just saw those pics as well, and I think the figures look pretty good too.  The rehashes are...well....rehashes, but I think I'll pick the Chewie up and maybe Barada just because I don't already have him.  I think the Boussh looks like the winner of the wave, and seems to be well articulated.  The Han looks pretty nice from a sculpt/paint standpoint, but could have used a little more articulation too.  Bib looks to be a nice improvement over the POTF2 sculpt, and one that many of us have been hoping would be done.  Overall, it may be the excitement over new OT product or just because these figures seem to be nice improvements, but I'm pretty excited for this wave.  The "hi res" pictures always seem to make things look better, so we'll have to see once they start showing up...but so far, so good.  At least we have a better idea of the sculpt and articulation with these closer shots.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2005, 12:34 PM »

I totally agree, but I think the way Hasbro sees it, those figures didn't sell because no one bought them. Why repack them? Failing to recognize the fact that no one bought them because they couldn't get them.

Yep....

You know, sometimes I get suspicious they do stuff just to spite us. Honestly.

Either that or they're afraid of pissing off the secondary market (a.k.a. scalpers and speculators).