Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 51014 times)

Offline Alpha_17

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #255 on: January 7, 2006, 09:46 PM »
I thought this wave would be showing up in my area by now...

I was never able to get my hands on a VOTC Fett, so I'm really looking forward to the Boba in this wave. I'll probably pick up the Leia and Bib, too....Maybe the Han. I'm still a little undecided on him.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #256 on: January 7, 2006, 11:52 PM »
I have a couple of fett sitting here with different holos.

BTW, the carbonite from han is terrible. I dunno what they were thinking making it those dimensions.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #257 on: January 7, 2006, 11:59 PM »

BTW, the carbonite from han is terrible. I dunno what they were thinking making it those dimensions.
Agreed, that Carbonite block is all messed up.  I do like the transparency effect with the red but the size is laughable.  Especially when you hold Han next to the block and see he's like a head taller than the Han in the block ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 8, 2006, 01:02 AM »

Agreed, that Carbonite block is all messed up.  I do like the transparency effect with the red but the size is laughable.  Especially when you hold Han next to the block and see he's like a head taller than the Han in the block ::)

Maybe it's a new freezing process that has a shrinking component to it? ::)

I like the Han and I like the block.  So long as you keep them a foot apart it works.  Just a grand **** up on Hasbro's part.  Who approved it to be like that?  They should, literally, be shot.

Bib is the only pegwarmer up here btw.  Everyone else sells. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 8, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I noticed the size difference between the carbonite block and the figure too.  What terrible attention to detail that was.  And some of the short Chewbacca, Vader and Boss Nass figures are no better.  But I expect a little more now than I did late 90s.  There is no excuse for messups like that, especially with the increased prices on our figures now.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 9, 2006, 12:58 AM »
Today I saw the Fett for the first time and picked up two of them.  Is seems to have a bit more articulation than the previous rehash of this figure - are the knees retooled any?  Anyways, I did pick up two of them, just haven't opened them yet.  I noticed a packaging variation on them - one of them had a different shaped bubble inside it, with a hole in the plastic for his antenna to slide through.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 9, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Today I saw the Fett for the first time and picked up two of them.  Is seems to have a bit more articulation than the previous rehash of this figure - are the knees retooled any?   :P

The legs are VOTC legs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Yeah, I opened one of them.  Much better than I thought - the legs are so much better.

:P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2006, 01:00 PM »
Got Han and Leia yesterday. Love the Boushh fig even though Leia's lookin' pretty butch; almost a return to the monkey days, even!? :( Nice mutton chops LOL! She looks awesome standing with VOTC Chewie in tow though. 8) I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the chain that comes with TSC Chewie (I can get chain from a craft or hardware store), but for now, she's got him on Slave Leia's plastic one.

Han looks good, but it's a boring fig overall. Guess you can't pass up the unique carb block though.

Been in love with Bib since I got him last year. Noticed one of his tentacles was coming out of the head though. :( I sure wish they'd have sculpted the tails and head as one piece. Swapped him at Target for a better one. I notice a lot of them have really sloppy decos. Too bad. He's a near perfect Bib to me.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2006, 10:31 PM »
The new sculpts in this wave are certainly terrific; but I did find Boushh to be a bit too small.  I thought it was the helmet size that bothered me, but it is actually the fact that she has no neck.  I pulled her head off the peg, then re-attached it about halfway down, and it looks a lot better.  I do think her legs could have been about a 1/4 inch longer though.

As far as Han is concerned, it is a bit of a boring figure, but he looks great on the skiff next to Jedi Luke and Skiff Lando (one of the best sculpts of all time- Skiff Lando- IMO).  If only we'd gotten an all-new skiff guard instead of Barada, and the VOTC Chewie instead of mechanic Chewie, and I'd call this a perfect wave.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2006, 02:58 PM »
If only we'd gotten an all-new skiff guard instead of Barada ...

I agree. I wish we'd have gotten some new Weequay. Hasbro could have done a variant on them as well for the two on the skiff.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I did not notice until I looked at the Barada pics here on the front page today.  Is that a new sculpt for his head?  I was going to totally pass this one up but I may actually pick him up now for that reason.  It looks decent in those photos. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2006, 09:25 PM »
So I've got 3 from this wave so far, Barada is the only repack, and so far I'm not overly impressed I'm afraid...

Barada's ok, and I'm gonna BS him as some other guard, but a vintage Barada repaint would have gone over MUCH better if you ask me.  Just trying to outdo the last Barada is meh.

Bib Fortuna I see the gripes about at least some shoulder articulation.  Cool in about every other aspect but his face perhaps, but yeah the shoulder joints sucked.

Han is what I thought he'd be.  He's a great figure in every way but he really REALLY needed some ball/socket knee joints.  Without them, he's a much weaker action figure.  He's a main character involved in one of the most action-packed sequences of the Classic Trilogy, and he has 10 points of articulation with no ball/socket joints to speak of.  That's weak no matter how you slice it and Hasbro can do better as we saw with the Cantina wave from 04/05.  I'm not totally disappointed, but I'm far from giddy to mess with this figure too.  He'll go in the palace and just sit there, while VOTC Han still gets some awesome posing from me...  Yes, "posing".  :)  That's what I call it to make myself feel less douchey.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2006, 11:13 PM »
I did not notice until I looked at the Barada pics here on the front page today.  Is that a new sculpt for his head?  I was going to totally pass this one up but I may actually pick him up now for that reason.  It looks decent in those photos. 
I'm pretty sure its the same head with just a lot better paint ops

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2006, 11:26 PM »
I found Han, Leia and Barada this weekend, completing what I wanted from this wave.

Count me in the minority, but I actually like Barada. For a POTF2 repaint, he's pretty good, IMO. He won't do much other than guard Jabba, but that's his job. If prices were cheaper, I'd pick up a few more.

I agree with Jesse's thoughts on han. really, all he needs is some knee articulation and he'd be set. However, he looks GREAT next to VOTC Chewie, Saga Skiff Lando and Saga Jedi Luke.

Boushh is a great figure overall, though I think she may be a tad bit too short. She mixes in well with the other OTC figures, which makes her even better. My one gripe is the long ponytail. I haven't watched ROTJ in a while, isn't her hair wrapped in a bun, like the POTF2/SOTE Boushh? Ah well.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks