Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175549 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2005, 12:25 PM »
I hope that Palpatine figure can sit on the throne from the final duel cinema scene.

Also, does anyone know if that's a SA Maul?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Does anyone know if that's a SA Maul?

Look like a yes to me, enjoy!....

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2005, 06:51 PM »
The new SW insider feature these sets in the toy artical. They specifically mention the clone trooper removable helmets. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2005, 06:56 PM »
All I want is a Padme set.  They have enough gowns from each movie to make at least one set.  I plan on getting one of each of these so I hope they are easy to find.  Right now my Walmart has three different SW sections and they are all picked over pretty good but put them all together and it will look like pegwarmer city. 

I did read in the Insider about the two different head's so that will make this particular evolution set (IMO) the hottest one to get. 
Beth

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2005, 10:17 PM »
I never wanted a Darth Maul until I saw these.  I just wish they would have given him ball joint elbows. 

I definately want as many Clone sets that will fit on my credit cards.  Dang Credit Limits....

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2005, 12:37 AM »
I'm thinking about preordering the sets from Amazon. I really want them, and I fear that I'll never find them if I don't preorder them. Should I?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2005, 08:47 AM »
Amazon now has some pics up accompanying their Anakin to Vader listing.  Looks like the Vader will have a removeable helmet!

From the closer up pics of the individual figures, the Anakins both look nice too...and what many of us have been waiting for....VOTC style Anakin.  Now if we can only get an Obi-Wan set as well :).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:48 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2005, 08:57 AM »
I like the fact that it brings the AOTC chain.  I'm always for extra movie accessories that make dioramas even better.

Can't wait to chain that bad boy up.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

SilverZ

« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2005, 07:03 PM »
Man, these get better and better. I was sort of ignoring the Vader as just an added bonus to the SA AOTC and ROTS Anakins, but now he's something special, too. These sets are going to rock.

I hope they're a huge hit at retail. I want Obi and Padme sets more than ever.

Actually, I think a Luke set would be appropriate as well. Tatooine Luke (gasp) Bespin Luke, and Jedi Luke with SA treatment and interchangeable parts like the Anakin set would be boffo.  :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2005, 12:16 AM »
I can't wait for these.  Hasbro seems to be going all out with these sets, and like everybody else I really, really want Obi Wan and Padme now.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Actually, I think a Luke set would be appropriate as well. Tatooine Luke (gasp) Bespin Luke, and Jedi Luke with SA treatment and interchangeable parts like the Anakin set would be boffo.  :)

Most definitely, with lots of pack-ins too! For Tatooine Luke it could be the poncho, floppy hat, binoculars, long rifle, and stormtrooper belt. For Bespin Luke, a softgoods coat and removable belt/holster so underneath is Dagobah Luke. For Jedi Luke, the cloak, the poncho and belt, Endor helmet, and of course 3 interchangable hands, maybe even a softgoods vest. Add lightsabers and unlit hilts and this would be a great pack. And can't for get the SA treatment as well. Hasbro, get on this now! Chop chop!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2005, 09:03 AM »
They might as well throw in a Han Solo set as well.  Just as long as we do not see Cantina Han Solo again. I would not mind seeing Han Stormtrooper, Han Hoth, and Han Carbonite.

I guess if we are to include Luke and Han then Leia can not be to far away. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2005, 10:50 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a Palpatine set...TPM, AOTC, and ROTS Mace Duel.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2005, 10:58 AM »
This Anakin/Anakin/Vader set really looks quite nice from those pics, and I really look forward to seeing this line continue further, especially at this quality.  These are basically VOTC style figures, and getting them in 3 packs isn't such a bad thing either.  I'm in the same boat as the majority of you here, I'd really like to see Obi-Wan and Padme sets, and to see these branch off in to the OT further as well.  Here's some packs I'd like to see (in VOTC style, of course):

Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper Luke, Snowspeeder Pilot Luke, Jedi/Endor Luke (packed with accessories)

Han Solo - Stormtrooper Han, Bespin or Hoth Han, Endor Han with softgoods trench (again, accessories)

Princess Leia - Ceremonial?, Boussh Disguise, Endor

C-3PO - TPM, AOTC, and an OT version (hopefully with articulated knees)

Imperial Troops - VOTC Stormtrooper, Hoth Snowtrooper, Biker Scout (all superarticulated)

Jedi "Heroes" - Mace Windu, Yoda (just because I'm sure Yoda would be included), Qui Gon Jinn

Lots of other potential sets here, both PT and OT.  If some characters might not stand on their own, we could always go to other "mixed" sets like the upcoming Sith one.  This is a nice way for us to get these VOTC style main characters that we've been waiting for, with the basic line supplementing with alternative outfits and/or background characters.  Hopefully this line will continue.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 01:36 PM by mosnab »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Well, it seems like ideas is where this thread is heading, so here's mine. I've been thinking about an idea like this since the cinema scenes were out. Obviously, all these would be super articulated...

Han Solo Evolution Set
* Han in Stormtrooper disguise (This could easily be the VOTC Stormie with Han head and removeable helmet)
* Bespin Han (with respirator and blaster)
* Endor Han (with removeable soft-goods trenchcoat, blaster and explosive charges)

Luke Skywalker Evolution Set
* Luke in Stormtrooper disguise (This mold would need to be altered slightly to make Luke a little shorter)
* Luke in Bespin fatigues (with blaster, lightsaber, attachable lightsaber hilt, removeable hand)
* Luke Jedi (Final duel version with lightsaber, attachable lightsaber hilt, manacles)

Princess Leia Organa Evolution Set
* Leia in white gown (with either softgoods or removeable hood, sporting blaster, manacles and stormtrooper blaster rifle)
* Leia in Hoth gear (with respirator, goggles and welding torch?)
* Leia in General's uniform (with blaster pistol, softgoods poncho and removeable helmet)

Stormtrooper Evolution Set
* VOTC Stormtrooper (with ball-joint hips, blaster rifle and larger rifle)
* Snowtrooper (with softgoods "skirt" piece, softgoods face guard, and blaster rifle)
* Scout Trooper (with blaster pistol)

Obi-Wan Kenobi Evolution Set
* Obi-Wan Kenobi Padawan (TPM version with soft goods robe and skirt piece, lightsaber and attachable lightsaber hilt, respirator, and commlink)
* Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight (AOTC version with soft goods robe and skirt piece, lightsaber and attachable lightsaber hilt and pilot headset)
* Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Master (ROTS version with soft goods robe and skirt piece, lightsaber and attachable lightsaber hilt)

Jedi Evolution Set
* Qui-Gon Jin (with removeable soft-goods robe and skirt piece, lightsaber and attachable lightsaber hilt, respirator, commlink and softgoods poncho)
* Mace Windu (with open eyes, shut mouth, softgoods robe and skirt piece, lightsaber and attachable lightsaber hilt)
* "Ben" Kenobi (with softgoods robe and skirt piece, lightsaber and attachable lightsaber hilt, training remote and blast shield helmet)

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram