Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177597 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2005, 11:04 PM »
^^^ It has interchangeable arms.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2005, 12:43 AM »
I think AOTC Anakin and ROTS Anakin both look fantastic actually...  As per our front page, here's some images of what I think the final product's going to look like while the shot shown before is the figures from C3 which weren't seemingly the "final" product.

&

I think the headsculpts on both look great in those pictures...  Much truer to the actor than the hand-painted ones at C3 which can either be REALLY great or not too accurate. 

I agree that ROTS Ani's robe poofs a bit, however I've never trusted displayed shots unless a collector did it.  :)  I can get my VOTC Obi's cloak to lay better than any shot I ever saw, yet it still sorta bites.  I'm thinking that, by the look of the fabric on ROS Ani, I can get the robe to lay better than the effort made in that picture. 

The Vader, I think, had a removable helmet...  It may just be another Vader, but if it's got a removable helmet and the ball/socket joints I'm thinking it has, it's going to blow the VOTC out of the water which is currently my #1...  :)  I'm all for that!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2005, 01:14 AM »

The helmet is certainly removable.  :) I'm curious about the inner tunic. From the close-up shot, it almost looks like it is a seperate piece that extends all the way to the shoulders, meaning that the belt is a removable part similar to VOTC Luke that the tunic goes under.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2005, 01:17 AM »
Vader is sort of an oddly mixed ROTS/ROTJ version with the tunics and the head sculpts

I wonder if they physically can't do a 2 piece helmet?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2005, 03:19 AM »
I know I've seen customs with 2-piece helmets (BTW, thanks for that shot Jared, I'd forgotten about that one)...  I like to think if a customizer can do it, Hasbro can, but they simply choose not to for whatever reason. 

I'd dig a 2-piece one too...  I'm so happy to see this be a seemingly substantial improvement over the VOTC though that I'm just jonesin' to pick that set up...  I'll forever want that 2-piece helmet though...  And a nice meditation chamber too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2005, 09:14 AM »
I am more impressed with AOTC Anakin than the other 2 . 

Are you blind? Do you see that face??

LOL!  I guess I am not that unimpressed by it.  It looks ok to me as of right now.  If you really want to complain about his face check out that Clone Wars battle pack. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2005, 01:45 PM »
For me, these three figures are as close to "perfect" as I could have ever hoped for. The accessories, the sculpt, the articulation and the likenesses are all top notch.

Personally, I would prefer that they start doing this for EVERY major character of the Saga - if you think about it, the on-going appeal to buying these sets is infinite - in other words, if they put these Evolutions sets in generic Saga type packaging they could keep pumping them out from now until the license expires.

Give us Evolutions now of:
Jedi Masters (Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, PT Yoda)
Obi-Wan (PT only - TPM, AOTC, ROTS)
Padme (anything, she's horribly overlooked action figure-wise)
C-3PO (TPM, AOTC, EP3-6)
Luke (X-Wing Pilot, Bespin/Dagobah, ROTJ)
Leia (Ceremony, Hoth, Endor)
Han (Hoth, Bespin, Endor)
Lando (Smuggler, Skiff Guard, General)
Bounty Hunters (Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, Bossk)
Fetts (Jango, Young Boba or Red Training Uniform Adult Clone, ESB Boba)

And then just keep shipping those sets (along with the other three) and you would keep all of the MAIN characters that kids and new collectors would ALWAYS want. Top it off by offering a box set of the 12 VOTC figures as a OT "Starter Set" and you could just keep pumping the same stock out over and over and over again for the next 13 years.

With the main characters covered, you could then use the regular carded figure line as a way of getting odd characters out that typically appeal more to collectors than the casual or younger buyer.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

SilverZ

« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2005, 03:48 PM »
I know I've seen customs with 2-piece helmets (BTW, thanks for that shot Jared, I'd forgotten about that one)...  I like to think if a customizer can do it, Hasbro can, but they simply choose not to for whatever reason. 

I've been convinced the complete helmet assembly could be done ever since the removable mask segment on the Dagobah Darth Vader shipped, at least technically. If they can get something that small to work, they shouldn't have an issue with the regular helmet. I wonder is it has to do with scale, like to make the fully assembled helmet look in proportion, the actual human head inside needs to be smaller.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2005, 05:36 PM »
I think AOTC Anakin and ROTS Anakin both look fantastic actually... 

WTF??? HOW? Are you blind also??

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I think Jesse James and Darth Broem are simply expressing their opinions, so maybe you can just respect that.

What is so drastically different between these 2 pictures that makes you hate one the first one and love the second?  I'm just wondering if you can explain your opinion a little more, that's all.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2005, 05:48 PM »
The headsculpts look accurate to me...  They look like Christensen spot-on, and miles beyond any previous attempt. 

My beef with the 2nd pic there Jess, is the hand-painting more than the sculpt.  The eyes are all wrong, the skintone's a little funky...  Hand-painted early samples can really be hit or miss, and that one's a miss.  I think the sculpt's just dandy though as I'm sure it's what they used for tha tproduction photo just above it.  And that, is a sweet looking figure to me...

ROTS Anakin is the same.  Much crisper sculpt, accurate...  Blows his basic counterparts out of the water.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I prefer the C3 version myself, with the more realistic skin tones and finish (matte, instead of glossy).  I figured that wasn't the finished product though, and it came out looking pretty much as I expected.  Still better than any of the prior Anakins, so that's definitely cool.

No need to get quite so excited over it though, Cody.  :P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Whew!  At least I now know I am not blind!  LOL!  Just kidding Cody.  I know what you mean.  Sometimes people don't see eye to eye.  There are plenty of things about SW figs that annoy me but everyone else seems to like.  Then I don't like some things about them and seems like everyone loves them.  You never know? 

To me the AOTC head sculpt is pretty good for a 3 3/4 toy of Hayden.  I will agree that it's not perfect and it could be better I suppose, but for what it is it works fine for me.  Now Anakin's pack-in figure on the AOTC speeder bike is a different story...for me. 

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Yeah. That's a fair resolution. I think my main beef is the thick black eyebrows and the eyes.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2005, 10:07 PM »
You make a good point.   :)

That picture with the JD logo on it may be a little deceiving too - it's taken from a different angle which may cause the eyebrows to appear bigger than they really are because of shadowing.  Can't wait to have the real thing in my hands!