Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177278 times)

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2005, 12:27 PM »
All I know is that hasbro is finally starting to listen to all the fans and what they are asking for. I think the sculpt and articulation for the evolution set is one og the best things they ever did. I just hope they continue this same figure making with the rest of the ROTS figures and beyond.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 1, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Amazon says they can ship both the Anakin and Clone sets in 2 to 3 days. Is this for real or am I going to end up waiting?

Has anyone ordered from Amazon and had the stuff arrive in good shape? That's my biggest concern.

They also have Tarkin, Ask Aak and Meena Tills in stock and I need all three of them and I'm tempted to just suck it up and pay the $7.99 price tag since (a) it's cheaper than the going rate on eBay and (b) I have come up completely empty on finding these three figures locally - they supposedly hit in the middle of May, but I missed them completely...

They also say they have in the first two battle packs to ship in 2 to 3 days.

Any advice? Should I chance it with the figures and then wait to get the 3 and 5 figure multi-packs in store?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 1, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Amazon-TRU.com doesn't exactly have a good track record on listing actual stock status of an item these days.  The second wave of Unleashed has been listed as being "In Stock-Ships in 2 to 3 Days" on several occasions since early April, but they never had them until just recently. 

They also seem to apply release dates to things fairly arbitrarily when it comes to Star Wars toys, and with this being a holiday weekend (meaning no operations on Monday) in the US, they could say 2 to 3 days to ship, and even if they had them in stock (anything other than the Anakin-Vader set I doubt they actually have), it would be Wednesday of next week, if not later, before they were sent out.

Amazon's really falling off in terms of keeping accounts updated.  I had ordered a Nine Inch Nails CD about two months in advance, since it was a limited edition import, and I got the email saying the release date had changed.  Then, I checked the site and it was listed as "In Stock: Ships Within 24 Hours."  So, I wrote them a letter asking why something I had ordered two months ago and waited on was being denied to me but offered for general sale on the site, and they apologized profusely, upgraded to next day shipping, and the following day by 12 noon I had that CD in my hands. 

The Unleashed figures are still listed in my account as shipping between June 10 and June 24, despite my having received an email authorizing a delay on their (third) release date.  Beth (jadesfire) has already received her UL Vader from that wave from Amazon, but neither of the other two figures and no explanation as to when they'll be coming, so I don't know what Amazon is up to right now.

So, uh, long story short, I'd only order what you think you might not be able to find at retail, and if they don't stick to the "2 to 3 day" shipping thing, call them on it. :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 1, 2005, 05:20 PM »
If you go through with the order process on Amazon the Evolution sets show up as "Estimated ship date on these two items is August 31st, 2005". They usually ship within 2-3 days of when they are available, which Amazon estimates as the end of August.

Thay're not out to intentionally provide bad customer service or screw you over.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 1, 2005, 05:43 PM »
If you go through with the order process on Amazon the Evolution sets show up as "Estimated ship date on these two items is August 31st, 2005". They usually ship within 2-3 days of when they are available, which Amazon estimates as the end of August.

I was just getting ready to edit my post with that same information, but you beat me to it. :)

Thay're not out to intentionally provide bad customer service or screw you over.

Oh yeah, I know that.  In fact, I thought them upgrading the CD to overnight shipping when I had paid for the super slow shipping was very generous, and Amazon's CS department has always been very helpful.  It just seems like, as far as keeping the site up to date, they've been falling off here recently.  I don't know if it has something to do with the problems TRU has been having at retail or what, but it's very erratic, and I was very surprised to see the August 31 ship date for an item that is in stock and ships in 2-3 days.  :o

Also, a quick question about something (and this is probably going to veer off topic, so mods feel free to move it if it does): I was under the impression that the reason Amazon and TRU combined their toy efforts was to give Amazon's toy dept. the biggest and most recognizable name in toy retailers online.  If this is true, why is it that Brian's Toys is allowed to sell items through Amazon that show up in searches of TRU.com's items but cannot be ordered from TRU or Amazon, instead of them being a part of a zShop or whatever they're called.  Wasn't one of the conditions of the Amazon-TRU "merger" that Amazon would exclusively handle toys from TRU?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 1, 2005, 06:03 PM »
Yeah it says they're in stock and ready to ship in 2-3 days, but then estimated ship date is August 31st.  2 months is a little different than 2 days.  I cancelled my order for now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: July 3, 2005, 01:29 AM »
I'm riding this one out I figure...  I've had an order in for Evolutions at Amazon now for months.  We'll see how it pans out.  I don't pre-order much at all but I do want to have 3 (at least) guaranteed sets of the Clones/Stormtrooper. 

It's only a pain to keep bumping that outstanding order up every time I have to balance my checkbook.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 4, 2005, 09:56 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5985474263&fromMakeTrack=true

Are these the EPII Clones from the Evolutions Packs or the Saga ones?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 4, 2005, 10:15 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5985474263&fromMakeTrack=true

Are these the EPII Clones from the Evolutions Packs or the Saga ones?

Saga, no doubt about it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 4, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Saga...and it WAS you who bought those Mottis a few weeks back!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 7, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Galactic Hunter has a nice preview, complete with pics, of the upcoming Anakin to Vader Evolutions set.  I really think this set is pretty spiffy, and I'm really looking forward to it.  I hope this line continues in this same fashion, as it looks like we're getting some great VOTC quality figures...and some of the main prequel characters that have really needed "good" versions are starting to be done.  Here's hoping we see sets including Obi-Wan, Padme, 3PO, Jedi (Qui Gon and Mace in particular), Storm/Hoth/Scout troopers, Han, Luke, Leia, and many more.  Lots of potential here :).
« Last Edit: July 7, 2005, 09:19 AM by mosnab »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 7, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Damn, ROTS Anakin has cut elbows. :(

Oh well, still better than all the others we've gotten.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 7, 2005, 11:32 AM »
GH Picture

At least the face looks better than it did in those preview pictures. It's satisfactory now. Not perfect, but it'll do.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2005, 11:33 AM by Commander Cody »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 7, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Damn, ROTS Anakin has cut elbows.

Oh well, still better than all the others we've gotten.

I was a little disappointed to see that as well, but I guess for me it is a minor quibble.  Still by far the best versions we've seen of these characters, and I'm glad to have them.  I guess it is similar to some of the VOTC figures like Darth Vader and Lando....pretty great overall, but could have had ball jointed elbows as well.  Otherwise, pretty nice.

SilverZ

« Reply #254 on: July 7, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Nice shots over at GH, for sure.

Yeah, the cut elbows on the ROTS Anakin are a bit of a disappointment, but I agree, I minor one. Maybe it's possible to customize the figures by swapping the arms from the AOTC one? Has anyone tried ballsocket swaps? Regardless, that Anakin is lightyears ahead of the ones from the basic ROTS line. That headsculpt is great.

I'm more and more impressed by Vader, though, who was the one figure I initially thought was just extra fodder to justify the two Anakins. But wow, softgoods all the way, even on the UPPER torso, next to his chest piece. Impressive. The headsculpt beneath the helmet is, again, well done (hahah... well done... he's crispy). It sure looks like we have a VOTC ROTJ Vader now.