Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 176468 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2005, 10:36 PM »
I think Palpatine's face sculpt is amazing...if not a tad dramatic. Sorta like an exaggerated Mace confrontation face.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 1, 2005, 07:51 AM »
After cracking open the Anakin Evolution set, I have to say that these sets are just outstanding. I love the detail and it just looks like Hasbro poored a lot of love and care in each one. I sincerely hope that we see more of these in the future.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 1, 2005, 12:44 PM »
I have enjoyed the Anakin Evolution set. I too am probably going to pass on the Sith Evolution set because I don't think $20 is worth it for just one figure I really like, Sidious/Palp. Darth Maul is not a major improvement, not major enough to justify the cost. Dooko, I agree, is not a major improvement over the ROTS. So bottom line, I'll be leaving one in the isle for someone else.

Now on the clone one, that is a different story! I cannot wait for that to show up!
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 3, 2005, 10:10 PM »
I went to one of our K-marts today and saw the Anakin Evolution pack.   Now, I wasn't too keen on those but if they had the trooper 3 pack I would have definately gotten that one.  I had never seen an Evolution pack but had noticed quite a few people on here and RS mentioning them so I had to see if I could find one.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 4, 2005, 11:16 PM »
if u see any EVO packs, i recommend getting it since all 3 figures are SA. plus it looks nice on display.  ;D

cant wait for the clone to stormtrooper pack!

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 4, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Typically where has everybody found the Evolutions packs? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #381 on: August 5, 2005, 12:12 AM »
They've been all over as of late.  First to break them was K-Mart, but I'm hearing reports from Target and Wal-Mart also getting them in...  No Toys R Us.

Also heard KB having a set here and there...  Personally, since KB's are in the mall where I rarely trek, I never hit a KB unless I have to.

Hope that helps your search...  They are indeed great looking sets.  Sets I've yet to find at all though.  :(  The fact these aren't around en masse is disturbing to me.  Even moreso about the Clone Set that obviously is going to be the hottest thing since VOTC Stormtroopers.

I'd like 2 of each...  Sith set looks amazing to me, as does Anakin's set...  I'm just bumming I can't find these.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 5, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Typically where has everybody found the Evolutions packs? 

I've seen them at Target and Walmart and have had friends that picked them up at TRU and K-Mart. Target and Walmart are the cheepest.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 5, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Tell you what ..I've seen anywhere from 4 to 12 of these(4 to a case) on the pallets at night to be stocked for the morning(how I got mine). However they must sell quick since I've yet to see one in the middle of the day or after the critical first hour after a store opens- are they being scalped..or are they just this popular I don't know. I've seen these at 5 out of 7 AV stores at night before close(or at the opening at Target). Hard to believe people aren't getting these yet....Man, the scalpers are running rampant in the valley or what?

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 5, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Thanks, I'll have to check out those places again, see if they got any in.  I appreciate all the help!! :)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 5, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Info note: AV = antelope valley- if you see my name..we have 2 big connected cities

AV= Alisa Viejo if your west of the SAN Bernardino MTNS

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 5, 2005, 03:54 PM »
I found Anakin today, and it is so incredibly awesome. Anakin's gonna look great fighting the new Obi-Wan (when I find him) on the Mustafar playset. But the Vader figure is so outstanding, it's amazing. He looks so insanely cool sitting in the meditation chamber. Brilliant!

Does anyone know if Vader's head comes off? I can't seem to get his cape off over the head. I want to take it off so he's not sitting on it in the chamber. I did notice his head is a seperate piece from the collar part of the helmet. That's a new one. Nice detail. And his face sculpted so nicely. Man, what a set!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 5, 2005, 09:57 PM »
I found the Anakin on Wednesday and can pretty much only echo what everyone is saying.  These are VOTC quality figures and for about 7$ each.  I wish they'd make more figures just like these - and I hope they ship A LOT of the two troop varients, because I plan to buy a bunch of them, and I'm sure everyone else does to.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 6, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Zod..like the callsign! I actually liked the movie Connery had it made in that one!

Offline cataclizm1

• Youngling
  • Star Wars, Transformers, Comic books forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 6, 2005, 02:34 AM »
These guys are great and come with so many accessories...too bad Hasbro forgot to include stands!  ???