Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 176501 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #645 on: October 11, 2005, 10:29 AM »

Yeah, that guy sure does look like he stepped behind soemthing with a bad case of projectile squirts. Mine's funny ... His chest looks like someone dabbed the dirt on with a tiny cotton ball.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 11, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I have to admit the paint scheme for the sandtrooper is a big discouragement, I still want the set but I'll probably give 'Sandy' to my kid the play with and lose  ;)
I'll keep the other two for myself.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2005, 08:09 PM »
New Evo sets announced by Hasbro!

Luke Set

Han Set

These reportedly will be packed in a special case of 40, x20 Han and x20 Luke and will be a Target exclusive and be priced at $69.99 each.

;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2005, 10:20 PM »
Tonight I picked up the explosive "shotgun blast" diaharea paint job version to go along with my "dog scooting is ass on the white carpet" version. Will Hasbro complete the triad with an "I ate too much cheese version"? Only time will tell.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #649 on: October 13, 2005, 08:57 AM »
I heard that the Cheese It sandtrooper will be coming out soon.  So get your own box
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

SilverZ

« Reply #650 on: October 13, 2005, 06:49 PM »
Amazon.com/TRU comes through again:

Star Wars Episode III Evolution Figure: Clone Trooper
Updated Shipping Estimate: November 2, 2005
updated Delivery Estimate: November 7, 2005 - November 9, 2005

Thanks for shopping with Amazon.com and Toys R Us, where we bring you your most-wanted toys... 5 months after every other retailer. How useless.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 13, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Thanks for shopping with Amazon.com and Toys R Us, where we bring you your most-wanted toys... 5 months after every other retailer. How useless.

Yeah, after the second wave of Unleashed kept getting pushed back, weeks after they had shown up at TRUs across the country, I gave up hope on Amazon ever filling any of those orders.  Sure enough, right around that time, I got the cancellation notice from them in my email.   ::)

The funnier incident (one of those, "It would be funny if it wasn't so asinine" things) happened when the Obi-Wan JSF I had preordered for about a month was suddenly in stock for everyone to order.  Naturally, mine hadn't shipped, so I thought I'd see what would happen if I placed a second order for the toy that day. 

Guess what?  The order placed that day shipped that afternoon and I had it the following week.  The order I had placed a month prior to this still showed a ship date as two months or so away, and it didn't look like it was going to change at the time I cancelled it.

So yeah, TRU/Amazon is batting a .301 for the season.  Unfortunately, that type of number is only good in baseball.

SilverZ

« Reply #652 on: October 13, 2005, 08:41 PM »
I don't know why I keep it on order. I've cancelled every other item that they put up on the site in April - 500th Vader, all of the Evo sets, Battle Packs, everything. They came through with none of them.

In contrast, I was able to order a clone Evo set from Walmart.com recently. It shipped the next day and arrived at my place two days after that. The box was in perfect shape.

If you're the largest online retailer in the world, and your toy partner is the largest toy-focused retailer in the world, and you're performance is being trounced in your combined specialized market by a dyed in the wool B&M behemoth that shouldn't be able to touch you...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #653 on: October 14, 2005, 03:13 AM »
I had one up to the last push-back and cancelled...  WM.com came through better which I hate to say since I despise WM in every way.  They got me what I wanted though and I can walk away from Amazon's F'd up inability to get any of these and ship them.

Of course, if I see them on there ready to ship, I may nab a set or two, maybe cash-in a coupon if I find one to get them cheaply or shipped free...  I love these sets, but business is business as they say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 14, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Amazon has really been bad lately it seems, with toys/collectibles in particular.  Almost every item, Star Wars or otherwise, that I have pre-ordered or watched over the past few months has been continually pushed back until I eventually find it elsewhere and cancel it.  I still use the Amazon preorder as a form of "fail safe" if I can't find it elsewhere, but it ends up being delayed so long that I find it somewhere else first.  Like Jesse mentioned, I hated to do it, but when WM.com had the Clone and Sith Evo sets in stock, I ordered them.  Got the clone one in a couple of days, and the Sith one should be here early next week.

I've preordered and cancelled the Evo sets, 500th Vader, Unleashed, etc. all from Amazon, and they still haven't had them in stock since then.  I currently have some of Marvel Legends 10 preordered there, but I'm quite certain that will never come through either.  The shipping date kept getting pushed back and pushed back on their listings, and then yesterday it now just says "items is not available".  Always a good sign.  I'm hoping those turn up at retail soon too.  I've always had great luck with books and DVDs from Amazon, but the collectibles area has really been bad this year.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 16, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Hey folks, I just discovered how good the rubber Deluxe Anakin/Vader cloak looks on Evo Anakin. It's perfect for displaying him and Obi-Wan #55 side-by-side with their robes on. Especially since Obi-Wan has the rubber robe, and they match that way. Maybe I'll snap a pic later.

Mustafar Anakin's plastic robe fits Evo Ani too, though it doesn't look quite as good.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2005, 03:17 PM »
For anyone tired of waiting on their Amazon order...

The Evolution: Clone Trooper to Stormtroper set is in stock at www.hasbrotoyshop.com for $20 plus shipping:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=219&ID=16449
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2005, 10:34 PM »
I got the Sith pack today.  If they would put that kind of Articulation into Main Characters from the OT....the world would be a better place.

I'm not a big fan of Darth Maul's arms, but the Emperor?/?WOW that thing has so much articulation it is staggering.

I am going to definately use these 3 as the basis for some customs.  I'm gonna hit Target and get them cheap this week. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2005, 09:15 AM »
I received the Sith Evo set I ordered from WM.com yesterday, after a slight delay.  Its nice to finish these off, at least until the Clone variant set shows up.  Haven't cracked it open yet, but it does look nice.

Offline Mr.el lucco

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2005, 09:31 PM »
I just want more eu packs. Maybe a villian eu evlution pack .
kotor- Malak, Darth

DROIDS-admiral screed

Shawdos of the empire-
Prince Xizor