Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 176461 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #660 on: October 20, 2005, 03:03 PM »
I received the Sith Evo set I ordered from WM.com yesterday, after a slight delay.  Its nice to finish these off, at least until the Clone variant set shows up.  Haven't cracked it open yet, but it does look nice.

I got a chance to open this up and take a look, and it isn't too bad of a set.  There are some slight improvements that could be made to the Maul (ball jointed elbows, maybe a different face sculpt), but otherwise it is most likely the best one we've seen.  I do almost think the ROTS basic figure of Dooku might be as good or better than the Evolutions version.  The Evo version isn't bad, but I did have some issues with the cape on mine.  I think the "regular" version from the ROTS line is just as good though.  The Emperor is probably my favorite of the set.  You can tinker with his cloak enough to make it look good in some different ways, he's got plenty of articulation, and is capable of some nice poses.  It does kind of make me want a "new and improved" Original Trilogy style Emperor though.  The Saga one looked a little goofy, and this one just looks more ROTS than OT (which it is supposed to).  Maybe a different head sculpt is all it needs, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new OT Emperor.  That said, this set is pretty nice, and the Palpatine is the clear winner with me.  He's currently being displayed (along with Evo ROTS Anakin and ROTS Pilot Obi) alongside the VOTC figures on our desk. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:04 PM by mosnab »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 20, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Hey folks, I just discovered how good the rubber Deluxe Anakin/Vader cloak looks on Evo Anakin. It's perfect for displaying him and Obi-Wan #55 side-by-side with their robes on. Especially since Obi-Wan has the rubber robe, and they match that way. Maybe I'll snap a pic later.

Mustafar Anakin's plastic robe fits Evo Ani too, though it doesn't look quite as good.

8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #662 on: October 21, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Looks like the Evolution Clone Set V2 still comes with the Ep2 Pilot Helmet and does in fact, come with the extra gray belt!

(pic courtesy of Action HQ)

Now for the bad news, it looks like the gray grunt belt comes at the price of one of the scout pistols.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 21, 2005, 04:22 PM »
I'm hoping they stick that other gun in his hand or something. How can you give the guy two holsters and one pistol? :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #664 on: October 21, 2005, 04:30 PM »
I'm hoping they stick that other gun in his hand or something. How can you give the guy two holsters and one pistol? :-\

Doesn't look like it:

I guess it's not the end of the world if you buy 2x sets and set up one as the Grunt (with rifle) and one Officer (with the pistols from each box).

Here's to hoping it's just hidden under the other gun or something.   :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 21, 2005, 06:23 PM »
What's the deal with the second belt anyway? Why is it needed?  ???

And I'm happy to see that the Rebublic is no more. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 21, 2005, 06:25 PM »
What's the deal with the second belt anyway? Why is it needed?  ???

And I'm happy to see that the Rebublic is no more. :P

You can take the pauldorn and skirt off the EP III guy and replace it with the belt. Them you have a regular Ep III clone with removable helmet.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 21, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Ah, that's actually a cool idea. Thanks for the info! Sucks about the missing pistol, but oh well. Like Jeff said, 2 of each set should take care of it, which is what I plan on getting.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 21, 2005, 06:32 PM »
What's weird is that his left side holster looks to be off kilter, uneven with the right side   It looks to be a little higher, and little smaller, or the right one is bigger.  I have a one of Bly's grunts right here in front of me, and both his holsters are dead even.

I think there being only one side arm is the key to unlocking the mystery of the belt. :P
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 22, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this second Clone set.  It really look nice.  Mainly the AOTC and ANH Troops.

Also, anyone disappointed in the Emperor figure?  For some reason the face not being painted like the Emperor and the silk cloak just never looks right to me...

It can easily be customized though... I went on probably 20 extra toy runs looking for a second set of these to customize.  Finally did find one. 

Some may disagree, but I think this is how they should have made that figure... they just didn't take advantage of that face sculpt enough, especially with the coloring they could have done with the eyes.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 22, 2005, 12:44 PM »
What's weird is that his left side holster looks to be off kilter, uneven with the right side   It looks to be a little higher, and little smaller, or the right one is bigger.  I have a one of Bly's grunts right here in front of me, and both his holsters are dead even.

I think there being only one side arm is the key to unlocking the mystery of the belt. :P

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, only one working holster. :( But I like Jeff's approach for using two sets two make two fully loaded ROTS clones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 22, 2005, 01:21 PM »
Wow, I'm really behind on these then. I still haven't found Clones or Sith yet.  >:(
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #672 on: October 25, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Good news, we can all just forget the mini-panic I may have caused with my worries from last week (:-[).

I got the following in my JD e-mail box this morning:

"Hello.  I got the clone trooper #2 set this past weekend. The second pistol is not missing, it is included."

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 02:14 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #673 on: October 25, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Cool! I wonder where it's packed in the box?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #674 on: October 25, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Could one be packed underneath the other one?  I haven't seen the set myself but these guns are really skinny.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.