Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175589 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #705 on: November 2, 2005, 09:32 AM »
The hunt begins! thatnk for breaking the news. Hopefully, they make lots!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #706 on: November 3, 2005, 11:39 AM »
If anyone is interested in the "lazy way" of collecting, I just got my e-mail notice that my Gray Clone Evo sets are shipping from BigBadToyStore.

They are now listed as in-stock for $24 plus shipping if anyone wants to head over and order...

My 2 sets plus shipping cost me $10 more than what I would have paid at retail, but not having to waste gas and time to try to track these variants down is worth the $10 to me. 

I hate shopping at this time of the year - too many Moms and Grandmas in the Toy aisle...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #707 on: November 3, 2005, 12:22 PM »
It's good to see the online guys coming back onto Hasbro's radar after an entire year of ignoring them to fill B&M orders. It's been near impossible to get anything in a reasonable amount of time online versus hitting the pavement and hunting stores.

I'm sick to death of the level of dedication its taken this year to track down items, and if I never see the inside of another Target or Toys R Us this year I'll be happy. I'll gladly pay a few bucks more to save me that stress.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 3, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Yeah - $10 more to get two of them w/o having the hassle of frequently hitting the store or gas costs is definitely a easy trade (especially with the current cost of gas)...

This is a GREAT set - I prefer it over the yellow version. The Kama on the ROTS trooper is SUPER cool with the different paint design on the back. I have these two commanders standing with the gray clones that came in the Target Assault on Coruscant battle pack.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 3, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Jeff, I love BBTS and thanks for the link. I just placed my order because the extra shipping and $4 is worth it not to have to hunt it down in the stores. This makes it so I only have to get the Twins and the Shadow Trooper and I'm done!  Good old Joel at BBTS!
Helps also since I am going back on track for the next 10 weeks (minus holiday times) so now I can focus on my kids/students and my teaching!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 3, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Scored an entire case (6 of them) of the gray Clone Evolution sets today. My clone army building has officially reached *sickness* levels.

Don't these come 4 to a case?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #711 on: November 3, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Yes… either a 4 Clone assortment or 3 Clones & 1 Sith asssortment
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #712 on: November 3, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Don't these come 4 to a case?

Yes.  And there seems to be two different assortments shipping:

3x Clone Set #2 and 1x Sith Set
or
4x Clone Set #2

Bah!  Beat me by 20 seconds...  :-[
« Last Edit: November 3, 2005, 04:41 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 3, 2005, 04:50 PM »
So it sounds like Pete actually scored two cases of them.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 3, 2005, 05:18 PM »
You know that actually sounds like a decent case breakdown.  If only they would ship the basic figures like that.  Lots of any new clone type figure in the 1st wave.  I bet they will do something silly and ship 2 each of the new figures in the Cody wave.   Everyone know they would "really" need to ship 4 or 5 Cody's.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 3, 2005, 06:24 PM »
My Clone Evo set arrived today.  :) I'll do a review later.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 3, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Yeah - my bad on the number of case estimate. When there were six there and since I got there right when they opened, I had forgotten these things ship in cases of four, not six and since I remembered this variation was supposed to ship in solid cases, I just assumed that it was one case.

Sorry for any confusion....

But what I most definitely saw were TWO cases that had been put out and I left behind the two Sith Evo sets that came with them.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 4, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Anyone have the DCPI for the gray set? Does Walmart have an in house numering system or do they use UPCs?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 4, 2005, 08:42 AM »
If anyone is interested in the "lazy way" of collecting, I just got my e-mail notice that my Gray Clone Evo sets are shipping from BigBadToyStore.

They are now listed as in-stock for $24 plus shipping if anyone wants to head over and order...

My 2 sets plus shipping cost me $10 more than what I would have paid at retail, but not having to waste gas and time to try to track these variants down is worth the $10 to me.

I hate shopping at this time of the year - too many Moms and Grandmas in the Toy aisle...

Although I hated to do it, I went ahead and ordered a set as well.  There haven't been any evolutions sets at Target or Wal-Mart around here for a couple of months, and I never did see the 1st Clone set or Sith Lords at retail either.  Now that I've paid a little extra to get one online, they should show up everywhere now :).  I really wanted to be sure to have at least one set of the "gray" version, so I went ahead and ordered one.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #719 on: November 4, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Anyone have the DCPI for the gray set? Does Walmart have an in house numering system or do they use UPCs?

The DPCI is the same as the old ont for the Evo sets -
087-06-1357

And yes, Wal-Mart tracks things by the UPC (which I don't have, sorry).