Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175555 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2005, 09:23 PM »
"5 helmets for 3 different clones!" Um...what does that mean?
I believe Jeff said there were multiple helmets packed in to the figure box ala the AT-TE Gunner Figure

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2005, 10:07 PM »
I believe Jeff said there were multiple helmets packed in to the figure box ala the AT-TE Gunner Figure[/size]

Now that would be sweet. Not sure what the variants would be; maybe the Ep3 clone (some of the gold ones have extra markings, probably the commanders).
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Is that Obi-Wan in clone armor?

Yeap, its a General Kenobi with snap-on armor. Overall this "Battle Pack" is kinda disapointing looking, though. I've been begging for a General Kenobi, and I've been hoping for the Anakin and Vintress (whatever), but all of these figures, including the rehash Grievous and Yoda... look very POTF-ish.

I'll buy it, unless I get word that a better General Kenobi will be made. Cause I'm a sucker.

Wish they would have replaced the Grievous and Yoda with Durge and an ARC Trooper.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2005, 09:54 AM »
This line really could have a lot of potential, especially if they continue the quality of figures that these initial sets appear to have.  All three that we saw this weekend look pretty great to me, and I intend to pick up all three if I can find them.  Hopefully this won't be a "limited" line, and everyone can find what they are looking for.  There are so many other characters they could touch on in this line, and if they are going to be of this quality, I'd like to see more sets get made.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - TPM/AOTC/ROTS
Han Solo - Stormtrooper/Hoth or Bespin/Endor with Trenchcoat
Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper/Bespin/Jedi with removable Endor poncho/helmet, etc.
Princess Leia - Ceremonial?/Boussh/Endor w/removable poncho/helmet, etc.
Padme - Take your pick, lots to choose from.  I actually wouldn't mind having another, non screaming head version of the AOTC white outfit.
C-3PO - Maybe not enough versions, but getting an Endor (bendable knees) one would be nice.  A new AOTC version wouldn't be a bad idea either.
R2-D2 - Really doesn't change much, probably not necessary.
Chewie - As much as I like him, probably the same as R2.  Between the ROTS, VOTC, and EB versions, we are fairly set.
Imp. Troopers - Stormtrooper (VOTC)/Snowtrooper/Biker Scout
Clones - So many color/helmet variations, they could do more of these (Kashyyk, blue version, Shocktroopers, etc.)
Rebel Troops - Fleet Trooper/Hoth Snowtrooper/Endor Soldier
Battle Droids - I'm not the biggest fan, but a Battle Droid/Super Battledroid/Destroyer Droid combo makes sense.
Bounty Hunters - Lots of combos, maybe two sets - Jango/Boba/4-LOM/Zuckuss, etc.

More ideas available, but this could be a nice assortment for Hasbro if they keep the quality up.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Battle Droids - I'm not the biggest fan, but a Battle Droid/Super Battledroid/Destroyer Droid combo makes sense.

Particularly if they just do regular figures without the Big Ol' Launcher Cannon Thingies from the ROTS figures. ::) And if the battle droid can actually stand.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2005, 12:29 PM »

I believe Jeff said there were multiple helmets packed in to the figure box ala the AT-TE Gunner Figure

YES.

You can see them barely in my crappy Hasbro QnA picture:

The Ep2 Yellow Clone comes with a regular helmet and a pilot helmet.
The Ep3 Clone Commander comes with a regular helmet and the AT-TE Gunner attachment.
The Sandtrooper just comes with his helmet.

At first, Hasbro was saying that the Sandtrooper WOULD have a removable helmet, but then later in the day they were saying he WOULDN'T have one.    :-\

So, I guess really it's only 4 helmets for the 2 clones if the Sandtrooper is not slated for a removable helmet. 

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2005, 12:36 PM »
The Ep2 Yellow Clone comes with a regular helmet and a pilot helmet.
The Ep3 Clone Commander comes with a regular helmet and the AT-TE Gunner attachment.
The Sandtrooper just comes with his helmet.

At first, Hasbro was saying that the Sandtrooper WOULD have a removable helmet, but then later in the day they were saying he WOULDN'T have one.    :-\

So, I guess really it's only 4 helmets for the 2 clones if the Sandtrooper is not slated for a removable helmet. 

You know what? The four helmet variations for the clones alone makes this set a MUST HAVE. The fact that I can interchange the AOTC clone from either a Clone Commander to a Clone Pilot - ROCKS! I also love the idea of a ROTS Clone Commander (?) with a removeable helmet and the gunner attachment.

I could care less if the Stormtrooper has a removable helmet or not - if you believe EU by the time of ANH they have several different templates for Stormtroopers (not just Jango Fett) which is why some Stormtroopers can't aim for ****.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2005, 02:38 PM »
It looks like SirSteve's Guide has pics of a packaged sample of the Anakin to Vader Evolutions set.  You can view them HERE, and scroll through the pics to see a few more shots.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2005, 02:51 PM »
It looks like SirSteve's Guide has pics of a packaged sample of the Anakin to Vader Evolutions set.  You can view them HERE, and scroll through the pics to see a few more shots.

Hey!

We got pictures HERE at JD too ya know!  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Oops...my bad Jeff, sorry.  I have been trying to catch up on all the pics today, and didn't get that far yet or see it mentioned here in the forums.  My fault....by all means, check out that pic here at JD! :)  On topic...really looking forward to this line, like I said earlier, a lot of potential here if they do it right.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 03:01 PM by mosnab »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2005, 03:01 PM »
I dont know how i feel about the packaging, but i love the line. I hope they keep it going.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I loved these the moment Jeff called to gloat about them :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2005, 03:12 PM »
I dont know how i feel about the packaging, but i love the line. I hope they keep it going.

The packaging is VERY cool in person.  The figures are actually in a tray that is designed to slide out without opening it.  You can see the notch to grab the figures out on the far right of the JD picture.  That way, you can get a good look at them without opening it.

Each package has a large head shot on the left of the package.  Very cool and a bit different from what we are used to seeing.

Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Maybe this wasn't mentioned there, or maybe this is a dumb question....but are these expected to be a "wide" release?  Not limited to a certain retailer or anything, right?  I figured they were, but I was just curious.  With all the different lines out there right now for Star Wars, it might be tough to find the shelf/peg space.  Although I'd gladly see these there over anything else :).  Again, hopefully they won't be tough to find.  They all appear to be the bee's knees.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Maybe this wasn't mentioned there, or maybe this is a dumb question....but are these expected to be a "wide" release?  Not limited to a certain retailer or anything, right? 

Right now, they are supposed to be everywhere, not exclusive, and should have a $20 price tag.

Also, they only have these 3 sets planned so far, but at the QnA they indicated that sales of this line will determine whether or not they go back and do more. 

When we were talking to the Hasbro guys later, they said they had quite a few figures on the list already that they'd like to do if they get the chance to make more - Padme, Obi-Wan, 3PO.  Almost made it seem like if there is a next wave, it'd likely be those three.

Jeff