Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 176688 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2005, 03:04 PM »
The best one to make for me would be:

ANH - SA Rebel Fleet Trooper
ESB - SA Hoth Rebel Soldier
ROTJ - SA Endor Rebel Soldier

Especially the hoth rebel, but also the rebel fleet trooper and to a lesser degree the endor rebel; but all 3 really need a nice army building version.  That hoth rebel that came out in the SAGA line was absolutely pathetic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 03:05 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2005, 02:52 AM »
Without a doubt Dressel...  That was a choice I'd thrown out myself to others.  The Rebel Soldier's evolution in the classic trilogy is great, and that makes a fantastic army builder set itself. 

On the Endor soldier in that set, I think I'd want a POTF2-styled Endor Soldier over the Saga one...  I like the guys in the full camo duds.  I think they're more representative of them in combat.  I'd just hope the upper body of the Saga figure could be put on poseable lower legs from an Evolution set trooper then.  It works with the POTF2 legs so far...  They just need to be poseable. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Not that their release dates necessarily mean anything (I've found stuff at retail months before their "estimated dates" before), but Amazon has pushed the Evolutions packs they have listed back to July 1st now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Not that their release dates necessarily mean anything (I've found stuff at retail months before their "estimated dates" before), but Amazon has pushed the Evolutions packs they have listed back to July 1st now.

I ended up cancelling my Clone order when it went past the estimated arrival date (May 22nd; I knew very well it wouldn't be released until July 22nd if I were lucky) and Amazon didn't even change the estimate at all when I cancelled the order last week.  I figure I'll find them eventually at retail, and given the fact that Amazon/TRU preorders never really go according to plan, it might even be easier for me to find it at retail than from them.

Today is actually the second revised ship date on the second wave of Unleashed figures (Vader, Ventress, and Sidious/Yoda), so I'm wondering how they're going to explain a third revision. 

Preordering SW stuff online's problems, however, pale in comparison to the wonderful  ::) job that TRU did with preorders while Episode I was out.  Prepayment for a talking Jar Jar figure that nobody's seen a photo of, AND that shows up to retail everywhere else a month before TRU gets them?  Sign me up!

Any word on how the case packs for this assortment are going to be yet?  I assume that the first assortment is all Anakin/Vader, but I'm wondering if the second and third cases will look like this:

ASSORTMENT 2
4 x Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
2 x Clone Troopers/Sandtrooper

ASSORTMENT 3
4 x Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
1 x Sith Lords
1 x Clone Troopers/Sandtrooper

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Any word on how the case packs for this assortment are going to be yet?

Well, EE has the pre-order cases like this:

SW Episode III Evolution Wave 1 Case:
Star Wars 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Evolution wave 2 case includes 4x individually packaged sets of figures:
4x Anakin to Darth Vader (Pack 1)

SW Episode III Evolution Wave 2 Case:
Star Wars 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Evolution wave 2 case includes 4x individually packaged sets of figures:
2x Anakin to Darth Vader (pack 1)
2x Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2)

SW Episode III Evolution Wave 3 Case:
Star Wars 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Evolution wave 3 case includes 4x individually packaged sets of figures:
2x Sith Lords (Pack 3)
2x Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2005, 03:34 AM »
EE posted another interesting case revision this week:

SW Episode III Evolution Wave 2 Rev. 1 Case:
4x individually packaged sets of Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2) featuring Clone Trooper Captain (Episode II), Clone Trooper Commander (Episode III), and Sandtrooper (Star Wars: A New Hope)

So, we have Hasbro doing something very, very smart... at last. A full case of a sure-fire sell-out figure. Well done.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2005, 03:51 AM »
Man I haven't been this excited for figures since VOTC! (Excluding ROTS  ::))

The Anakin set is just helluh cool...just too cool.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2005, 05:58 AM »
Verrrrry interesting Jared...  That is smart.  The question then will be whether or not Retail orders enough.  Even at $20 I somehow don't see these sets lasting long...  Not the Clone ones anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2005, 12:55 PM »
I just hope retail doesn't go overload on Wave 1 with the 4 Anakins per case. I have a bad feeling that they will clog pegs and prevent newer sets from coming in... :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Am I the only one thinking they could pull off a Chewbacca evolution set?

Yes. ;)

I can't wait for these set's. I think they look fantasic.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Over the weekend as I was checking the Target computer listings for Star Wars toys I came across a couple different DPCI #'s for upcoming toys. I found the 500th Darth Vader and Evolution Sets. Here are the DPCI #'s for them.

500th Vader - 087061124
Evolution - 087061357
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Thanks Knash, that's a help I think...  I'll maybe make a little news post about that too since it may help some folks out in their search for these items.

I know I'm wanting multiple Clone sets and at least 2 of each other set (customizing folks!  CUSTOMIZING!), so I think these are gonna be a hot line of figures.  I just hope the concept in its current form continues with classic product.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Hasbro has their "Republic News" update on the Evolutions sets up today, only featuring the Anakin to Vader set at this point though.  Click the linky for more, if interested :).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2005, 12:54 PM »

Very interesting to see that this sub-line has moved away from the lava packaging to something more subtle.  I like it.

Can't wait to get my hands on all of these!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Does anyone else think the Vader in this 3-pack looks a bit underscaled?