Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177220 times)

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #390 on: August 7, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Now I have heard and seen a slight variation for the Anakin set. First, I got mine from Kmart and my Ep. III Anakin does not have his scars on his face. This was fixed quickly because as I have found the set at Walmart and Target, the Ep.III Anakin does have the scar. Oh well, I will stick with what I got as $20 is too much for me to spend per set to have 2 of em.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 7, 2005, 07:52 PM »
I really like the Evo Sets....I've got no use for EpII Anakin so if anybody wanted JUST him PM me, I've got you hooked up.

I bought 2 sets, with the 2nd, I put EPII Anakins ARMS on EPIII anakin.  EPIII Anakin would have been perfection with ball jointed elbows.  Now I just need to find a good gloved hand to go on him.

Evo Vader, definately beats 500th Vader.  Any figure that had "slash" elbow articulation is way too 2004 for me.  I can get over the helmet issue. since he is EPIV Vader, I am just going to give it a touch of Super Glue.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 8, 2005, 10:13 AM »
  I can get over the helmet issue. since he is EPIV Vader, I am just going to give it a touch of Super Glue.

Thats the best part about the figure.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 8, 2005, 09:04 PM »
He looks so insanely cool sitting in the meditation chamber.

http://myo.homestead.com/files/Toys/EvoVader_chamber.jpg
clicky for picture

8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 09:32 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 9, 2005, 11:17 AM »
He looks better sitting with his cloak on than the 500 Vader himself. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline T16skyhopp

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2005, 03:32 PM »
just picked up the anakin evolution and i have more than a few complaints, that while ive heard them before im frustrated and must vent.

only 1 blue blade? wtf hasbro. What if I want to figures posed with lightsabers?

2 anakin hilts the same. You know, he did have a different hilt in ep3, its kinda the one luke gets. why didn’t they just repack the one from the fist rots anakin? is that too hard.

no ball joints on aotc anakin ankles. they’ve done this many times, i like those ankle joints. why not now?

no ball joint on rots anakin elbows... c'mon man... they so cool and the othe 2 figures have them.

no removable hand on vader. he has the rotj head. why no chopped hand? sure you can pull the plug from the swivel but thats way too far up, and has a huge ugly peg. >< nore can he hold his lighsaber in his right hand. i know theyre going for the outsteched pose, but then give us an extra hand....

vader cloak. now, i don’t love soft goods, and generally don’t prefer them at all. but most of them are tolerable. but this cape has teh same problem as the one on 500th. they make it as a half circle, so it just hangs off his neck. why can they just stitch it so it drapes over his shoulders and not look retarded. they did it with commtech vader. or if they put a wire along the bottom so you could mold it to hang straight down instead of flaining out.

vader chain. it looks good but they make it big enough to fit around his neck... and then they use the head post to hold the cape on. so the chain is three times longer than it needs to be and sticks straight out. same problem on last  2-3 vaders. >< im going to stop buying vaders soon cause they look retarded, like he cant dress himself.

helmet - maybe this is just mine but the helmet is real loose and doesn’t mesh well. just by looking at him you can tell it comes off. freeze frame vader’s looks better and stays on tighter.

maybe im nit picking but I was really excited to find this set and am now pretty disappointed.  they’re great figures so I guess I shouldn’t complain but it seems like hasbro only goes so far and then cuts back and falls short. I cant get over the one blade and 2 hilt things, as well as them not using the correct hilts.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 03:56 PM by T16skyhopp »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2005, 05:03 PM »
I noticed something really odd on Ep III Anakin. They sculpted so much bulging windpipe on the neck that he can't even tilt his head forward. He's got the great ball neck post they've been using on current figures, and the sculpt of this particular one almost completely kills the head articulation.

SilverZ

« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2005, 06:57 PM »
That really bugs me, too. I've even considered filing down some of the plastic on the inside of the head socket to see if it helps. I wonder what went wrong there -- it really detracts from the figure and is a big flaw in what's otherwise the best ROTS Anakin headsculpt.

Hasbro.  ::)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2005, 08:16 PM »
That really bugs me, too. I've even considered filing down some of the plastic on the inside of the head socket to see if it helps. I wonder what went wrong there -- it really detracts from the figure and is a big flaw in what's otherwise the best ROTS Anakin headsculpt.

Hasbro.  ::)

I've found it a helps a little to lift up on the back of his head a bit thereby raising it from the back, since you can't lower the front of it. At least he can look straight forward if not downward at all.

I just took Padawan Anakin out of the package. Vader and Ep III Anakin are so cool, he's been neglected since I got the set. The cloth isn't irking me quite so much anymore. The fake leather doesn't look half as bad as the ridiculous fabric cloak. Posing the ball-jointed elbows, the lack of them on the other Anakin has started to get on my nerves. But I'm thinking they may have had a reason for it. Since they gave him interchangable right arms, would ball joints have worked? That right arm joint goes up past the elbow.

I couldn't believe some people were complaining about the sabers, but it's finally ticking me off, too. Oh, we're a picky bunch, aren't we? I swapped for one from another Anakin fig. I'll live. But I can't seem to find an Anakin/Luke hilt that doesn't have a blade. I want one for Obi-Wan to hold as he stands on Mustafar, looking down at Stumpy the Flaming Boy.

Offline T16skyhopp

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2005, 10:26 PM »
yeah, the head thing bugs me too ><
stumpy the flaming boy is quite classic ^_^

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 14, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Surprise surprise.  The Clone Evolution is pushed back once again.  Amazon is now listing a Sept. 1st release.  This makes the 5th or 6th date change.  WTF?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 14, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Surprise surprise.  The Clone Evolution is pushed back once again.  Amazon is now listing a Sept. 1st release.  This makes the 5th or 6th date change.  WTF?

I know, I remember wanting to stay home and wait for UPS to roll up to my doorstep July 15th.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 14, 2005, 06:20 PM »
I actually saw one of these in person yesterday at a dealer shop. But don't get excited yet. The guy who rents the case was stalking figures and such, so I asked him where he found it. He claims he has a Hasbro connection who floats him a few items now and then (I think he said rejected samples.) He also had the Rebel vs Empire and separatists 5-packs.

Anyway, needless to say I was drooling, but he wanted $35 bucks for it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #403 on: August 14, 2005, 09:36 PM »
I actually saw one of these in person yesterday at a dealer shop. But don't get excited yet. The guy who rents the case was stalking figures and such, so I asked him where he found it. He claims he has a Hasbro connection who floats him a few items now and then (I think he said rejected samples.) He also had the Rebel vs Empire and separatists 5-packs.

A few of the asian e-tailers have actually started to get the Clone Evo sets in stock (that's how RS and GH got their samples for the photos they did) - don't get too excited, they are asking $50 each!   :o

Star Wars: Evolutions Clone Trooper to Storm Trooper 3 Pack

It could be true that he got them early from an overseas source...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 14, 2005, 09:44 PM »

they are asking $50 each!   :o

Well I think they know where they can shove that price.   >:(