Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 176877 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #690 on: October 31, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Once again, Amazon.com dropped their date back, revising the expected date to November 15th.

It is getting quite ridiculous, especially considering that WM.com has had them in stock (and I think, continue to) for a few weeks now.  I also noticed that Amazon was nice enough to raise the price to $22.99 (from $19.99) to reward people for waiting ;).

SilverZ

« Reply #691 on: October 31, 2005, 02:11 PM »
A couple notes on the set:

The small guns for the ROTS clone are double stacked in the tray.

The gray replacement belt is the same belt as the #41 clone. It's not modified in any way, other than being cut (yes, just cut) open so you can slip it onto the figure. It fits really loose. Same goes for the skirt thing - it's been cut open so it can be removed. They didn't retool these to work like the sandtrooper belt that has a snap-fit button on it.

The red crap on the AOTC and ROTS clones is really distracting. I don't know if its supposed to be rust, or blood, or dust, or what, but on my second set I removed the paint with an abrasive plastic scratch remover and it easily came off. So you can have someting a bit more like clean versions with little work.

The guns are noticeably more silver than the first set. I think I like the look of the ones in the first set better.

The Sandtrooper is damn dirty. I go back and forth on liking it or not. Either way, it's a lot more convincing of a detail job than the first go round. I've noticed that the level of dirt seems to vary from set to set, and I have one that is quite a bit cleaner than the one used in the shots.

The Sandtrooper's backpack also has the wash on it.

I think this set is a vast improvement over the previous on in terms of army building. I figure I at least need a standard set, another set to have a dedicated Clone Pilot and Coruscant Clone, and a third and maybe forth set to build up ones I can clean some of the grime off of for variants.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 31, 2005, 06:05 PM »
I kind of like the red dust on the AOTC clone. That grunt ROTS Clone is meh, I like him as a commander better. I LOVE the Sandtrooper!

Like the first varient, I'll get 2 sets.

Nice pics, btw! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 1, 2005, 01:23 PM »
Is everyone finding the gray clone set? I haven't seen it yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #694 on: November 1, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Is everyone finding the gray clone set? I haven't seen it yet.

The only people I know who have it got it early from overseas or they grabbed it from EE where it appeared briefly this weekend.  It hasn't shown up at the B&M retailers yet that I know of...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 1, 2005, 03:01 PM »
I haven't heard of it hitting retail either, but I hope that it does soon.  To be honest, I don't think there are any Evolution sets sitting about around here....Anakin, Clones, or Sith.  They all seem to be sold out, although Battle Packs and 500th Vaders seem to be more abundant.  Hopefully that last variant set won't be a pain to find for people.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 1, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Well, one guy I've traded with seems to have found several of them (he's from California). He has 2 or 3 up for trade. I hoping he'll sell me one....

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 1, 2005, 09:15 PM »
We got a case of Evolutions in last Friday night but of course I was off so God only knows what was in it.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 1, 2005, 10:37 PM »
What stores are people seeing these in?

ie. The White Variant
« Last Edit: November 2, 2005, 08:55 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #699 on: November 1, 2005, 10:43 PM »
What stores are people seeing these in?

Which ones do you mean? 

The first three have been spotted all over the place - TRU, Target, Wal-Mart.

The 2nd version Clone Set (the gray pack) has only been spotted from overseas sources or from EE (who got them in briefly earlier this week).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #700 on: November 1, 2005, 10:56 PM »
It hasn't shown up at the B&M retailers yet that I know of...

The 2nd version Clone Set (the gray pack) has only been spotted from overseas sources or from EE...

Oh sure... no sooner do I say this (again) and here come the reports:  :-[

- DeathStarPlans2.com had a Forum Member find the Gray Clone Trooper Evo set at her Kentucky Wal-Mart today

- an e-mailer from California said he found the Gray Clone Trooper Evo at his local Sacrameto Wal-Mart today

So, consider that your first signs that they might be starting to appear at your local Wal-Mart soon I guess. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #701 on: November 2, 2005, 12:09 AM »
I hope they get buttloads of all 3 sets at some point because up till now the entire Evolutions set has been the biggest pain in the rear to find short of variant Clones.  To the point of frustration really.  I've yet to see anything but the Clone set in a store, and the Clone sets I saw weren't too abundant and were gone when I got back to pick up some army building supplies.   I was bummed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 2, 2005, 08:52 AM »
I found the 2nd version of the clone set this morning at Walmart.  2 things I really don't like are the blood all over the EII and EIII clones, and the fact that the EIII clone is EU - would have preferred a movie EIII clone.

Other than that, nice set, but not as good as the first version.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 2, 2005, 08:55 AM »
I hope they get buttloads of all 3 sets at some point because up till now the entire Evolutions set has been the biggest pain in the rear to find short of variant Clones.  To the point of frustration really.  I've yet to see anything but the Clone set in a store, and the Clone sets I saw weren't too abundant and were gone when I got back to pick up some army building supplies.   I was bummed.

Good news on the Yellow and the Sith sets. Between 4 Targets I hit (3 of them had 2 cases of the Sith and Yellow Clones) and 4 Walmarts (2 had 3 cases of the Sith and Yellow Clone Evolutions)  I saw plenty of Evolution sets hitting. Unfortunetly, no new white Clone variant but at least the others seem to becoming easier to find.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 2, 2005, 09:24 AM »
Scored an entire case (6 of them) of the gray Clone Evolution sets today. My clone army building has officially reached *sickness* levels.

This was at a Target store. This store also had in PLENTY of the Yellow Clone Evo set and Sith Set
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!