Author Topic: GG Republic Commando Maquette - Painted Custom!!!  (Read 18906 times)

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
GG Republic Commando Maquette - Painted Custom!!!
« on: July 15, 2005, 08:45 AM »
Hello all! CHEWIE was nice enough to let me know of this great forum and asked me to join - Thanks! There's a ton of talent on this board and I hope we can all help each other out from time to time with ideas and techniques....below are some of my recent customs, some of you have seen, others have not. I hope you enjoy - Thanks again!

Commander Cody (props to Bantha5 for the head sculpt)

Commander Fox (or at least we thinks he's a commander - Helmet being revised)

Commander Neyo (still being revised)

Commander Gree

Shock Troopers

Some decal experiments I am working on...

I am currently working on various other customs that I will post soon - Thanks again for looking! Glad to be part of the forum!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Sith-Fire30 - Many Images!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Like I said on RS, Your customs are unbelievable! Your Gree is still my favourite, It's a work of art!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 09:58 AM »
All are awesome, sithfire. The Gree exceptional! The photograpy is exceptional as well.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Beautiful work, my favorite is Comm. Cody and Gree. I'm excited to see what your retooled Neyo and Fox will look like, as they look great already.

The decals look just like paint... I wish I could make some decals for easy-done (and fast) division specific customs.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 10:49 AM »
These look familiar, but I don't recognize your name...

Anyway, the photography is amazing!  It really brings out the details on your customs (which are also amazing!).

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Definitely not your average Clone repaints... I'm so glad that you chose to join up here.  Your work is beyond words.

Gree is by by far my favorite, and looks nothing short of an actual movie prop.

Love your work, and looking forward to seeing more of your stuff here.  Awesome!!

:P

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Sith_fire30 - Upcomming custom projects....
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 11:01 AM »
First off the images below are property of Lucasfilm and come from the Art Of Episode III book....

I am planning on working up several customs in the comming weeks - Hopefully some of these images will help you guys with your customs as well....

CMDR Appo

CMDR Faie

...and removable helmet variant...

Clone Intelligence Units...

CMDR Cody (from Clone Wars series)
Images comming....

V-Wing Pilot/ARC Gunner (alt white) 

If you guys have any other source images of figures you are wanting to work on please, post them here so we all can get a little inspiration! :) Updates to follow....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:03 AM by sith_fire30 »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Sith_fire30 - Upcomming custom projects....
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Those are some nice reference shots!  Thanks for posting them  ;D
I had never seen those last 2 pics (clone intel and V-Wing/ARC Gunner), pretty cool.  I might have to modify my V-Wing pilot a bit now...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
V-Wing Pilot reporting....FINISHED IMAGES!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 11:07 AM »
V-wing pilot is finished - May ad an imperial insignia on the other shoulder and possibly a removable holster - don't know yet. Anyway, did not realize how difficult the mask would be to sculpt but I'm please with it. May do a variant later of the v-wing in white during the republic, pre-empire. I left the progress images below. I hope you enjoy! 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:54 AM by sith_fire30 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sith_fire30 - Upcomming custom projects....
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Cool stuff... can't wait to see how you go about them.  The Faie is such a cool design...

Here's another design that is interesting -

Clone Warrior Concept Art: Faced with the end of the first Star Wars Trilogy, and in need of a new concept around which to base their Star Wars action toys, Kenner's designers invented a future for the Star Wars universe that went beyond both the Return of the Jedi film and their Power of the Force product line. The concept revolved around a new villain, Atha Prime, who had harnessed the power of cloning technology and built an army of evil Clone Warriors. These bad guys did battle, of course, with a much-matured group of fomer Rebels, Luke having grown into a full-fledged Jedi Knight, and Han donning the flashy outfit of a heroic leader. Finally, both sides were outfitted with vehicles, the assortment of which would have surely grown as the story line was expanded and the concept developed.

From a look at this conceptual work, the extent to which the creative people at Kenner understood Star Wars--indeed, the extent to which they were a part of Star Wars--is abundantly evident. The designs tie into the look as well as the mythology of George Lucas' universe, and achieve a wonderful balance between the requirements of a toy and the need to somehow live up to the innovative design standards set by the films. This work is also significant in that it represents the first post-ROTJ Star Wars scenario, developed some five years prior to the bulk of what has been printed in various comics, novels, and roll-play scenarios. Before Grand Admiral Thrawn or Prince Xizor were ever dreamt of, the first original rouge villain and technological terror were created here, by a toy company. Kenner, by this time, understood the Star Wars license to such a degree that, years later, Lucasfilm's licensees are still mining the same territory.

Kenner's extrapolation on Star Wars' many references to the Clone Wars, the Clone Warriors would have replaced the Stormtrooper as the resident evil infantrymen of the Star Wars universe. Looking at the military-***-science fiction design of these characters, I think its possible to see the influence of such toy lines as the 33/4" G.I. Joe and the larger Masters of the Universe, which had, by the mid-1980s, become the standard for boy's action toys.

Much of the information regarding this unproduced material was first brought to light by collecting guru, Steve Sansweet, who covered these concepts and prototypes in issue #2 of Star Wars Galaxy Magazine.

Description: Ron Salvatore
Photo: Kenner file photo
From the collection of Anonymous 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: V-Wing Pilot WIP!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Excellent start.  Did you dremel out his face on the mask?

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Excellent start.  Did you dremel out his face on the mask?

No - Need to get one. Used an xacto knife - I've got bandaids on my thumbs...:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 11:14 AM »
Ouch!

I have one, got it at Walmart for about $30.00.  Works very well.  If you do invest in one, it's well worth it.

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: V-Wing Pilot WIP - UPDATED IMAGES 7/16 7:15 PM!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 08:52 PM »
bump for new images

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: V-Wing Pilot WIP - UPDATED IMAGES 7/16 7:15 PM!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Cool!  What's the source for the illustration?  Is that a scan from The Art Of Revenge Of The Sith?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback