Author Topic: GG Republic Commando Maquette - Painted Custom!!!  (Read 19013 times)

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Faie reporting...and WIP of Heavy Ordinance Clone
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Impressive!!

What reference pictures did you use for him?

Thanks!!! Just the ones that have been floating around of Faie - The sides and the back are all conceptualized.

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Is that sculpey added to it or is it a colpetely different torso?

Thanks - I used the VOTC Stormtrooper head and the #41 body as the "skeleton" for the sculpt - All super sculpty done in sections then boiled so as to not damage the figure. The head, back, shoulders and chest are all sculpty.

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2005, 10:40 AM »
It alomost looks like you did some minor changes to the face other than the scar, but I'm not sure...

The one thing I don't like is the sculpted holster on the ankle. I would have liked to have see a working holster...

The heavy ordanance clone looks pretty good so far, I'm not sure if this is fan-fic or comes from some concept source but I think I would have left the rest of the pauldron on, and just cut off the pouches. It looks a little weird just kinda floatingg thee.

Thanks for your observations :)
1. I did do some changes to the AT-Te gunner head- resculpted the mouth and repainted the entire head. The scar was a last minite idea but I like it.

2. I tried a working holster but it was too bulky and looked exaggerated - I'm satisfied with this being a supply pouch of somesort.

3. The "HO" clone is from the ROTS video game  - I am producing an exact replica which shows the pauldron "floating" on the shoulder - perhaps connected to the shoulder armor - I'll post a ref pic soon.

Thanks again!

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2005, 01:25 PM »
that is the best lookin Faie ever. He really looks mean. Good work on the HO clone. I can't wait for the final pics of it.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Is that sculpey added to it or is it a colpetely different torso?

Thanks - I used the VOTC Stormtrooper head and the #41 body as the "skeleton" for the sculpt - All super sculpty done in sections then boiled so as to not damage the figure. The head, back, shoulders and chest are all sculpty.

When you sculpt the sculpty into the figure and then boil it, does the sculpty stay on or is there a need for glue or adhesive of any kind to make it stay on the base figure?

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2005, 03:57 PM »
When you sculpt the sculpty into the figure and then boil it, does the sculpty stay on or is there a need for glue or adhesive of any kind to make it stay on the base figure?

You know - you would think you need glue - but for the exception of a few technical pieces, I've never needed to reinforce with glue in any way - the sculpty tends to mend - I don't know exactly why but if you ever mess with sculpty on a figure too long you know how sticky and tacky it can become. As a matter of fact, My Faie has almost zero glue application to the sculpty except for the #41 antenna connection to the radio pack.  You practice long enough with that sculpty and it can become a pretty fun medium:)

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2005, 04:45 PM »
BEST FAIE EVER!!!  :oPeriod! Awesome Work, and as Chewie said(i think it was him) he looks like on tough soldier!!! Awesome Job 8) ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I have a Faie that Owen D made for me.  Both of them have their own unique qualities, and I don't think I could choose one over the other. 

:P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2005, 08:57 PM »

You know - you would think you need glue - but for the exception of a few technical pieces, I've never needed to reinforce with glue in any way - the sculpty tends to mend - I don't know exactly why but if you ever mess with sculpty on a figure too long you know how sticky and tacky it can become. As a matter of fact, My Faie has almost zero glue application to the sculpty except for the #41 antenna connection to the radio pack.  You practice long enough with that sculpty and it can become a pretty fun medium:)

Yeah, it's probably the heating proces of in between being "Raw" and "Cooked" that it gets sticky and starts to mend with the plastic. Awesome to know, Sith_Fire! Thanks!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Damn dude!  You've got some of the best clones out there, I am always astounded as to how great your customs look!  I LOVE the softgoods robes, they look absolutely perfect. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Thanks for all the comments dudes! I hope to bring you some more WIP images soon of some other pieces I'm working on...;)

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Excellent work!  I'm really surprised by the amount of detail people can go into when sculpting their own figures.  It's truly excellent.  The paint job is also top notch, and I think that the t-shirt's texture really works well as soft goods.  That new sculpt looks great, too.  Just one more thing:  Pardon my ignorance, but where did you get the design for Faie.  Was he in the movie?
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Thanks professor! As for your question I got the front concept view from the Art of ROTS book and conceptualized the rest. Such a cool idea, it's a shame we did not see him in the movie.

Offline sithfire30

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Coming Soon.......Teaser UPDATE 12/01
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2005, 03:53 PM »
This is a teaser of a custom I am working on...

A one-of-a-kind....

I should be finished in a week or so.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2005, 08:29 AM by sithfire30 »

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon.......
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2005, 06:20 PM »
Ok...that's a republic commando, but is it 12 inch, or 3.75 inch? The paintjob looks good just from the preview :)