Author Topic: TSC Variations and Errors Thread  (Read 54518 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TSC Variations and Errors Thread
« on: December 29, 2005, 05:51 PM »
OK, so not even counting the mini-holo variations that are out there, I've started to read about some variations in the Carkoon figures...

First up - the Stands.

Apparently someone at Hasbro had a bit of trouble with the word "Boushh".  It seems like there are both Boussh abd Boushh variants out there for Leia and Chewie's stands.   ::)

I guess it's OK for the carded folks since you can't see the stands in the bubble, but for you loose error collectors, you got something to do.

Second, on Boba Fett -

I've now seen him with the "flames" in the front of his legs and the "flames" packed behind his legs:

In Front vs. Behind:

Way to go Hasbro!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Variations and Errors Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 07:23 PM »
what about the new saga chewie figure? does anyone know what the correct version of the chain is on this figure? is it the one with the large loop at the top of the chain or the smalll loop at the top that is the same size as all the other chain link loops? i ask because i want to have the corrected one whichever that may be. i know i saw the small version first and all i'm seeing now is the large version. 

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:37 PM »
I saw a Leia at Toys R Us with no Boussh helmet!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:37 PM »
According to that otheR Site's Photo Archives, there are THREE variations of Han's staff. The staff will have either 3, 5, or 6 on it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 05:33 AM »
According to that otheR Site's Photo Archives, there are THREE variations of Han's staff. The staff will have either 3, 5, or 6 on it.

I sure hope I get one with the 3 on it, since its a lower number it'll be the most rare!!!  ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Glad I finished collecting variations back with the POTF2 line. :P

Although, the Chewie with the smaller chain connector looks much better than the big one. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: January 3, 2006, 08:32 AM »
I cracked open one of my Carbonite Han figs and noticed that there is a 1 on the staff, I also have one with a 2 on it, so that makes 1,2,3,5 & 6 staff versions. Anyone have one with a 4 on it. (I hear 4 is the chase  ;))
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I've seen a difference in the actual plastic packaging on the Fett - one type has a circular hole inside it for his antenna to slide through to keep it from getting bent.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Apparently there is a variation in the Darth Vader from the Hoth wave (I know, I know - it isn't even out yet and there is a variation!  ::)).

Vader can be seen in a "standing" pose or in a "lightsaber" pose.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Okay you variation freeks, here's one I noticed after taking home a partial Hoth wave score. The purple corner, upper left hand with the wave/movie identification, has two different purple shades, much like the card shade varients on the ROTS cards. The different one seems to have a little blue in the purple.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 03:01 PM »
I cracked open one of my Carbonite Han figs and noticed that there is a 1 on the staff, I also have one with a 2 on it, so that makes 1,2,3,5 & 6 staff versions. Anyone have one with a 4 on it. (I hear 4 is the chase  ;))

Checked mine out after you said this (and got my Internet up and running again)...

Guess what, I've got a 4.  ;) (Doubt it means it's the rare one then)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 02:42 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 10:25 PM »
i have a couple questions about the chewbacca fig. is anybody spotting the small chain link (the top end of the chain) version anymore? i only saw it once, the first time i spotted this wave. all the ones i have seen after that have been the large chain link version, and i have come across about twenty of those. i also read a post on rebelscum that someone opened the small chain version and said that the large chain link loop was stuffed up under the molded neck fur area of the figure. any truth to this for anybody who has opened up one of these?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 12:29 PM »
I've not see the Chewie variation, but the stuffed link under the fur is actually kind of cool.

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 10:14 PM »
I've got a fett with unpainted dent/dot on his helmet.  I also have one like this in the ROTS target figure with cup series, when those first came out my target had 4, 2 with painted dents and 2 without.  So far I've only found one with the dent unpainted but I beileve 2 other people on potf2.com have found unpainted dent ones as well.

There are also minor bubble changes with some of the others in the first wave.  The chewbacca with large link by his head showed up first looking at datestamps.  Mine is a 529?1 and my buddy in germany who got the small link chewy is a 53041.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Found both Vader variations today.  The bubble inserts are both completely different.  Sorry for the bad pic.