Author Topic: TSC Variations and Errors Thread  (Read 54514 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Variations and Errors Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2007, 10:30 PM »
i would have posted pics but my sis doesnt have a camera phone and she didnt want to buy them either considering im looking for Han not a random clone. :-\ im pretty confused though. when she called the first time and said she saw one i thought for sure it was a return but then she called later on and said she found another two and a different mall that was like a 40 min drive apart. and her BF(who is also a collects) said they were all packaged the same way and fit inside the packaging without gaps. that the only reason why i have been asking around. i know someone else on another board said they saw the same thing with a clone instead of Han. but if i find another one ill buy it and post pics.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2007, 10:53 PM »
As far as errors for the TSC I've got:

4-5 codys with various parts unpainted
utapau clone with only one top helmet stripe
utapau clone with bobafett mini holo packaged backwards
camo scout trooper with super battle droid insert
canadian garindan with luke insert
GB 501st missing shoulderpad
2 bobafetts with unpainted necks (one has with unpainted dent on helmet)
possibly a couple others

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2007, 05:17 PM »
Darth Maul with paint error. I was picking it because I liked this particular version of maul but once I saw the error I couldn't pass. I'm not a collector of variations and errors bt I like having these kind of pieces in my collection.

I know there is some glare but I think you can see the paint error on the chin is all black.

Throw an Ewok at him

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2007, 10:56 PM »
Darth Maul with paint error. I was picking it because I liked this particular version of maul but once I saw the error I couldn't pass. I'm not a collector of variations and errors bt I like having these kind of pieces in my collection.

I know there is some glare but I think you can see the paint error on the chin is all black.

I thought this was a paint error at first, but all of the sith training mauls I have seen look like this.  ITs different from the POTJ Deluxe figures paint job, but I don't know if I'd call it a variant. 

On the same topic, I found one of these with a sticker near his picture on the right side of the back of the card that reads "Figure Contains Magnet."  My other one has this printed on the back.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2007, 12:10 PM »
The picture on the back has the correct markings so I assumed this was an error but if this is showing up more often then it's just Hasbro slacking at the end of a line.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2007, 10:48 PM »
The picture on the back has the correct markings so I assumed this was an error but if this is showing up more often then it's just Hasbro slacking at the end of a line.

I think Hasbro does that a lot.  I have yet to see one of these with the painted mouth.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 2, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Here's the Galactic Heroe packaging variant on the Rebel Soldier/Snowtrooper set:

« Last Edit: March 2, 2007, 09:26 PM by King_Maul »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I thought this was a paint error at first, but all of the sith training mauls I have seen look like this.

I just checked my carded TSC Mauls, and all three of them have the appropriate red painted chins, so the all-black chin variant/error is definitely not across the board...

Also, since I haven't scrolled back through this whole thread, I assume someone's pointed out the many incorrect stands included with some of the figures, and the fact that some/all of them have been subsequently corrected by Hasbro, or changed to something more appropriate.  RS has had several articles up on the topic.  Considering you can barely even see the stand if the figure is still carded, I'm not sweating those variations, but I'd at least like to have the corrected stands for my openers.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2007, 09:06 PM »
in response to a old find i had (or more as my sis and her boy friend) some one else has seen the clone/chewie comic pack as well and has taken a pic. i also saw this set 2 weeks ago on the pegs at a local zellers but didnt bother picking it up cause i want the han not a crappy clone in place of him. but heres the pic, im not the only one who has seen this set.

School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2007, 01:37 AM »
in response to a old find i had (or more as my sis and her boy friend) some one else has seen the clone/chewie comic pack as well and has taken a pic. i also saw this set 2 weeks ago on the pegs at a local zellers but didnt bother picking it up cause i want the han not a crappy clone in place of him. but heres the pic, im not the only one who has seen this set.

Sorry, but this looks like a repack for sure.  Someone is just stocking up on red lense stormies at your expense.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2007, 11:13 AM »
thats what i thought to but when you find one locally and then your sis who lives a good hour and a half away from you finds the exact same thing it gets you wondering.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2007, 08:12 PM »
thats what i thought to but when you find one locally and then your sis who lives a good hour and a half away from you finds the exact same thing it gets you wondering.

It gets you wondering that there is actually more than one dishonest person in the world? Or perhaps the same swindler returned the items to two different stores? There is no way that is a factory error.
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2007, 08:39 PM »

It gets you wondering that there is actually more than one dishonest person in the world? Or perhaps the same swindler returned the items to two different stores? There is no way that is a factory error.

how ever i am not the only one who has seen this pack like this. im not trying to argue that i am right im just stating a fact. i found 1 myself locally. my sister who lives a lot father then me found 1 there too. she had also seen a couple of the packs locally at other stores. im just saying its wierd. and why would someone go through all this trouble (traveling wise) just for 1 figure and be packing each pack with the exact same figure? that is why im confused.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48 AM »
how ever i am not the only one who has seen this pack like this. im not trying to argue that i am right im just stating a fact. i found 1 myself locally. my sister who lives a lot father then me found 1 there too. she had also seen a couple of the packs locally at other stores. im just saying its wierd. and why would someone go through all this trouble (traveling wise) just for 1 figure and be packing each pack with the exact same figure? that is why im confused.

Has anyone outside of you and your sister found these?  Don't mean to question your integrity, but if its just you and a family member, I hardly think there's enough evidence to support that this is a variation vs. a repacked return.  Maybe whoever did it wanted to spread out his returns in case the first store caught wind of what he did?  Or maybe he's trying to get some buzz aobut this being a variation so he can sell another one on Ebay for big bucks?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2007, 10:26 PM »

Has anyone outside of you and your sister found these?  Don't mean to question your integrity, but if its just you and a family member, I hardly think there's enough evidence to support that this is a variation vs. a repacked return.  Maybe whoever did it wanted to spread out his returns in case the first store caught wind of what he did?  Or maybe he's trying to get some buzz aobut this being a variation so he can sell another one on Ebay for big bucks?

yes 2 other people i think. the pick above is from one of them, from a different forum i just asked if i could post it on this site. if it was just me and my sis i would have also guessed it was just a switch but i think 1 of the other people doesnt live anywhere near me.