Author Topic: Replacement Power Cable for Regular old X-Box  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Replacement Power Cable for Regular old X-Box
« on: December 30, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Did anyone get the replacement cable a few months back?  I got one but forgot to plug it in.  I was doing some cleaning last week and I finally switched them out - and thinking nothing of it I threw away the old one.

Well, the new cable has a surge protection thing in it and now my Xbox shuts off about every 30 minutes.  Once it shuts off I have to wait a long time for it to cool down before it's playable again.

Anyone have any solutions for this?  Do I just have to buy an older (less safe presumably?) cable so I can get my game going?  I've emailed Xbox but thought I'd ask around in the meantime while I wait to hear from them.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:38 AM by Rob »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Power Cable for Regular old X-Box
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Rob, this may seem silly but, is your X-Box on anything, or is somthing on it? Maybe it's having problems cooling down, according to the new cord?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 12:45 AM »
Nope.  I've got it in a cabinet type thing, but the doors are open and all whenever I use it.  The plug/surge protector part that is plugged into my surge protector is hot though.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 01:41 AM »
That's weird, I had to switch out my X-Box power cable over the summer (after I finally got around to request the replacement cable) and I haven't had any problems like that so far.  I would imagine that you just received a defective power cable and that Microsoft would probably send you a replacement one for free.  Their customer service (at least for X-Box) has been pretty good whenever I've had to deal with them, so I would wait to see what they say.
If they don't get back to you, you might be able to buy a replacement one at EB Games or something - they might carry the "new" power cords.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.