Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 94196 times)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/13- Photonovel Preview
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2006, 09:15 AM »
That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin awesome!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2006, 12:03 PM »
Hells yeah, hells yeah. Can't wait to see it Brent, take care of yourself over seas ;)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Wow- the pose of Darth Maul is so cool- I can't wait to see this up. I also just LOVE the Jedi Council Chamber- that's so detailed, and to do that mostly out of foamcor that's just simply amazing. Great job, take care overseas, we'll look forward to your coming back.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Man, that pic is awesome!  The poses are very cool.  I really like the use of the Marvel Superhero Showdown Punisher head, it looks great!  Of course, that's the only Superhero Showdown figure not warming the pegs by me. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2006, 09:02 PM »
I've been lurking on the boards for a while, not posting much, but let me just say how god damned AWESOME all of this stuff is!  Wow!!!

The hulking ephant mon guy (forget the name, sorry) is absolutely amazing.  TERRIFIC paint job.  That is one scary mo fo, that's for sure!  Wow.

And the Ash jedi is wonderful, too.  Great beard, he really does look like a world-weary, but cool-as-hell jedi.

And the diorama...well, i remember the in-progress pics and this is probably the slickest, cleanest, nicest Jedi council dio i've seen.  And your digital effects are flawless and gorgeous.

WOW, that photonovel preview is incredible!!! I'm running out of superlatives.  What a cool custom, the Red Guard-based guy.  Amazing action shot, it's just a gorgeous image and you've got me REALLY intrigued to see this story! 

Hurry back from across the pond and get this sucker on line!!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2006, 11:23 AM »
Great work so far, Brent!  I really love the red caped guy on the previous page fighting with Darth Maul.  Do tell us more about how you made him, and what that head is!   And that fabulously scary Ephant Mon-based fellow... jitters!  That is a face I would not want to encounter alone at night...

Great work also on the sets/scenery -- great use of real sand.  (And the funny thing is, it looks perfeectly in scale, even though it is, of course, 1:1 sand!  :D )

Keep up the excellent work -- looking forward to more.

... the Findswoman

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Yeah brentS, great work on all of these.
I love the use of the clown head. Very nice work.
Your casting seems to be working great for you, that zam head looks good.
I may need to use that face in the near future.
But, I am blown away by your jedi council chamber. Man thats fantastic!

Great stuff brent.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 08:31 PM by Glassman6 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Still sitting here in Dijon, France sipping on some red wine.  Not a bad gig.  I didn't get as much work on the PN as I'd hoped on the plane.  Hopefully I can finish up some of the photoediting on the return flight Thursday morning.  I'll have at least one more set of photos to take and then the dialog to complete.  Maybe, just maybe I'll complete this over the weekend but it will likely spill into the following week.

Thanks for all the great comments from some of my way back customs.... let me try to address some individually.

Glassman - thanks for the compliments on the casting.  I had a good teacher :)  I'm so glad that everyone likes the Council chamber.  Its probably been my favorite project.  However, as I've said before, its surprising how simpe it was to actually put together ;-)

finds- the Sith Guard was made to be a specialized guard for Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious - he first debuted way back on page 6.  You can go back there and see more pictures or what for the Photonovel :)  The head for this figure is as Greg pointed out Punisher from the Marvel Showdown line.  He's a good mean looking dude.

Quazar - thanks for all the great adjectives.  I never think I can live up to all the hype you give me but its very much appreciated.  I'm a bit worried that Chapter 3 will still not have enough action to keep everyone happy but its a necessary part of the story.  I truly appreciate all the comments on the Jedi Council.  I'm very pleased with how that has turned out but I'm already thinking of making a better more permenant version.

Gregorbian - I can still find Punisher quite regularly.  If you want one, let me know and I'll pick it up.  Its only 63 cents to ship loose figures.  

D_N - thanks for the comments on the council chamber.  The structure is almost "mightycore" which is a strudier foamcore derrivative.  However, the true credit goes to Nuib Nuib  who made all the graphics that were used.  I really didn't add that much extra detailing to it.

V & smarty - glad you liked the preview.  I just got that Darth Maul figure in a trade from Jim here at JD and I knew I had to use him in the PN.  I love the tatoos.  The problem with this figure is that he's severely posed with the head angle.   I had to do some creative photography to make him look like he's in different postions.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:01 PM by BrentS »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2006, 05:34 PM »
The preiview looks great Brent! I can't wait for chapter 3. Don't worry about there being enough action. Action doesn't make a good photonovel, it is the story that does.

I can't wait to see the Council set in action!

Have a good time in France. :)
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Back from France, still getting caught up with work and sleep.  Anyway, I did get a lot of editing done on the plane home.  I'm not sure if the people around me could figure out what I was doing but I didn't ask  ;)

Anyway, one more preview pic showing off Ty-Ri Docosto, Coleman Trebor, and the Jedi Starfighter. 

Last preview pic until I'm done with the chapter

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2006, 04:22 PM »
As usual Im looking forward to seeing the next chapter. BTW I may have missed it earlier on in the thread, but where did you get the head for Ty-Ri? It looks familliar but I can't place it.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2006, 10:39 PM »
hanable reborn.

Anyway Brent you've done it again, that looks soo good. Hurry up I'm getting impatient.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/26 - A'Sharad Hett
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2006, 04:49 PM »
Its been almost a month since I actually posted a new custom figure.  I've been itching to get back to it.  I've been spending time with the diorama (Jedi Council) and the photonovel update.  Anyway, here is my first new figure that's finished.  My take on A'Sharad Hett:

The recipe is quite simple on this one.

Head-VSTC Tusken
Braid - POTF Slave Leia
Torso/Arms - Saga2 Sora Bulq
Hands - VSTC Tusken
Legs - VSTC Tusken
Robe - VSTC Tusken

I know he may not be completely accurate based on some of the reference photos but he's one (mine) interpretation.   ;D  All the parts were perfect fits except the head.  I needed to enlarge the ball with a little bit of greenstuff.  Using these parts he has maximum articulation.  This may be my new favorite custom.

I've got several more WIPs going on.  Maybe I can get another bigger update in tonight or later this weekend.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 05:46 PM by BrentS »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/26- A'Sharad Hett
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Hey Brents great figure, Is this guy gonna be in your PN, Cause if so this is before anakin right? A'sharad had just becom a knight when anakin was in AOTC so this should really be Sharad Hett his papa. Check out the wikipedia, and read up on the Hett family line.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/26- A'Sharad Hett
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Thanks Smarty.  Once I made him I was going to try and use him in the PN but its hard to try to fit in "established" characters (even if they are EU) and keep the continuity.

I checked Wikipedia for some more info on the Hetts.  Here is one excerpt from A'Shard's entry:

Hett participated on a mission to locate Aurra Sing before The Battle of Naboo. He also went on a mission to Malastare with many Jedi Council Members.

Seems to me that a case could be made that A'Sharad was already a knight at this time of my storyline.  Who knows, he could be hunting for Aurra Sing too  ;)   Anyway, thanks for pointing me back to Wikipedia.  My only reference so far was the Star Wars Ultimate Visual guide.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 05:45 PM by BrentS »