Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93137 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 3/35/06 - Three New Customs
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Wow  :o Brent!

Hamma is cool with a nice touch on the fuzzy hair.

The Sith Guard looks really mean, jeez man wouldnt wanna cross him.

Rey is neat, his head looks a little high up though, but the eye doesnt look too bad. The weathering is understandable though.
I just finished a custom of a clone wars jedi with a 55 obi and a TSC Han solo head(they mix perfectly) and the hands look a little funny.
I would suggest you paint the hands to match the head or vise versa.
Then again it could just be the lighting that makes it look darker.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Nice work Brent! My fave is the Sith Guard...the staff is amazing! He's a little scary with the helmet off, but he should be a bada$$

Hamma is a nice mixture of parts. i like the paint job on the robes and the "hairdo" is a nice touch too.

Rey Shaa looks good, the only thing about the weathering is, it looks a little pink to me on the robes (could be the lighting) but you are colorblind aren't you? the eye looks ok to me, the hands just would look better being painted the same color as the head is the only "gripe" i have about it.

nice work & i like the anime chicks you did too...sorry i missed commenting more, been really busy here.

keep up the great work!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I was gonna comment earlier but my Mom came downstairs and she doesn't like the forums ::)
Anyway The Sith guard is my Fav. His helmet could be cleaned up a bit the visor should also be black I think. And I'll echo what everyone said about the Knight, His hands just need to be painted

NOOOO you selling your hotties, O well youll make a bundle. :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 03:34 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Thanks for all the comments everyone.  I was surprised everyone like the Sith guard so much.  I wasn't sure the Punisher head worked on him but I figure who better to get a mean growl than a Sith, plus I needed a smallish head to make the helmet close to removable.

Smartypants - I've tried to clean up the areas of the helmet where it was cut but its been hard to do.  The problem is the red is so shiny that any imperfection shows up.  Anway, I think it looks better this way.  I decided to leave the visor gold.  I wanted to differentiate it a little more than what the Red guards will become.

Ripley - The staff for the Guard came from one of the Anime figures I picked up.  I just added gold and black drybrushing to bring out the details.  I've got another staff like weapon I've been considering for him but I think I like this one.

The hair on Hamma was an experiment for another custom I've got planned.  It came out reasonably well. 

On Rey Shaa - I asked my local experts (wife and kids) and they agreed there was a bit of pink tinge.  Must have been the Dwarf flesh wash that I used.  Damn I hate being colorblind.  Anyway, thanks for keeping me honest!  It was the same thing with the hands.  I had no idea that they were so noticeably different in color.

CC - you may be right on the neck length on Rey.  I may need to trim the neck post a little more.  I can also push it down a bit more.

Darth Ennis - about the fuzzy hair.  I realized that as I was posting the pictures last night but I was too lazy to go back and take pictures of him against a dark background.  All three of these guys will show up in the PN so you'll get more chances to see them.

My original plan was to make Rey Shaa the main Jedi Character and create a series of PN adventures for him.  I will probably still do this but he will certainly not be the main character in the PN I'm working on right now.  He'll show up (probably not until Chapter 2 though).

Based on everyone's comments, I cleaned up Rey Shaa a little more.  I'm happier with him now.  I even added some details to his lightsaber.  Let me know what you think.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Nice update Brent!

Rey Shaa - I like the repainted verision and his skin tone seems to be a great match now on his head and hands.  Good use of the Obi Wan body, it's one of th best I think for Jedi.

Sith Guard - Pretty mean looking guy here, I actually prefer him without the helmet.  Where did you get that head?  It's really cool.

Hamma Gringol - Best of the bunch by far I think.  I love his backstory and the fact that he's an old guy is just cool.  Great use of parts, and I love the hair.  Excellent work.

:P

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I don't know if it's just the angle of the photo, or my monitor, but it seems that Rey Shaa's Right hand is pinker than the rest of him. Or, it could be that cough medicine I took earlier. :P

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2006, 09:37 PM »
I like the cleaned up version alot.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2006, 08:52 PM »
I don't know if it's just the angle of the photo, or my monitor, but it seems that Rey Shaa's Right hand is pinker than the rest of him. Or, it could be that cough medicine I took earlier. :P

I'm going to hope its the photo.  Like I said, I can't tell the difference in person but I don't have "normal" eyes  :P

Chewie - after using the Obi Wan body on this figure, I'm actually quite frustated with the legs.  I have a very hard time keeping him standing up.  If he's going to be a main character in the PNs, I'm going to have to do something about the legs.

The Sith Guard's head is the Punisher from the Marvel Showdown line.

Thanks for the comments on the Hamma. I'm pretty happy with him.  I've still got a ways to go with learning how to properly swap parts and maintain articulation but I'll learn.  His hair really stands out against some of my other backgrounds for the PN.  Another sneaky preview - he has a crush on certain tatooine resident.

Wanted to keep my personal thread up to date.  Here is the Rykrof Zombie made from the mutant head cast as featured on an earlier page and an unmodified AOD body:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:58 PM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 1, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Well, I finally finished the opening chapter of my Photonovel  "Duel of the Sith"  It was a very interesting experience and I have a new found respect for all photonovelers. 

Here is one of my favorite shots showing off Hamma Gringol:

« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 03:13 PM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 8, 2006, 02:02 AM »
Well, I've got three WIP customs that I started tonight.  I'm just too tired and lazy to actually take any pictures.  I mostly just wanted to say - hey, I'm still customizing even though I haven't finished a figure in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully I can finish one tomorrow night and maybe show off the Pimp Daddy photos.  Time for bed.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 8, 2006, 03:52 AM »
I should be in bed right now... laid down for 2 hours and just can't sleep.  So I'm going to work on some photonovel stuff.

Looking forward to your next update Brent.

:)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 03:59 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 8, 2006, 02:20 PM »
Here's an update of Pimp Daddy's time with me:

Check out Pimp Daddy's Thread for the rest of the photos.

(P.S.  Sorry for the Sharon Stone Basic Instinct Shot  ;) )
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 02:21 PM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 4/8- Pimp Daddy Obi-Wan Pic
« Reply #102 on: April 9, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Finished up two of the WIPs that I promised from yesterday.

First up, Kluh Saxder.  He is my entry in the Gladiator Monthly Challenge.  I will use him as henchman for one of the upcoming characters in my photonovel.  I've got more photos of him in the MCC thread.

Second one is just a repaint of a Scorch.  Here is my take on Boss:

I think he actually looks much better in person.  Sometimes my camera pics up too much of my flaws  ;)

One more WIP to finish up but that's not happening tonight.  It will probably have to wait until next weekend.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
That gladjumator is awesome.  I never would have thought of using that head for a gladiator, and it is an excellent fit for the look you seem to have been going for.  Great job. 

Your boss looks good and your lines are nice and straight.  Only thing that I'd do is add a light coat of a darker white or even light gray.  Maybe just dry-brush it on to give him some contrast.  Other than that he looks very bossy!  Oooh I'll have to be careful, or they'll put me in the Punitentiary!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Commando Boss - Very nice repaint here Brent, looks great!  Very good weathering - what's the backpack from?

Gladiator - Wow, that's a mean looking guy!  The Dex head works well on that body and really good repainting here.  The chain is a great touch!  Wow, imagine if this guy came after our heros in AOTC in the Geonosis Arena!

:P