Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93149 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Ruprecht - thanks for the comments.  I was scourting my fodder for a decent head and I almost used the OTC Myo but it was just too small.  When I pulled out Dexter, I sized it up and started laughing.  This Gladiator is a far cry from a short order cook on Coruscant.

Chewie - Many thanks.  The backpack is just a Scorch Backpack with the two side "pipes" cut off.  As far as Kluh, if Obi Wan saw him on Geonosis, he'd probably just give him a hug.

Looking back the photos, I can tell that I need to clean up a few of the lines on Boss still.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Dexter: "Yeah, I've been workin' out."

lol. I'm wondering, are you going to try and add more arms to him, or is that the finished product? Either way, it looks great! The hulking form really fits well with the Monthly Challenge theme, and Dexter's head can look agressive, apparently, if you want it to! I wouldn't want to be caught in the ring with this guy.
-Matthew H.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
The gladiator and the commando came out great! I like that backpack you gave the RC. It was only a matter of time before pimp daddy met barbie and friends.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Dexter: "Yeah, I've been workin' out."

More Likely "No, I haven't injected anything illegal into my buttocks"

Thanks for the comments.  for what its worth, I'm not planning on trying to add any more arms to him.  I'm not sure how to explain his existance in the SW universe (compared to Dexter).  All I know is that he still scares me.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
the dexter custom looks great, I read that he was a former gladiator or wrestler at one time. you look great with another set of arms added. Definately a custom recipe that I might have to borrow.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Hi Ya Brent

Your photonovel pics look great very well done and I'm very impressed how you've got the shadow on the facing the same way as the shadows on the background pic.

Kluh Saxder- Very well done the body really suits the head very well and the paint apps are great.

Boss- is a simple and very nicely done figure mate you have done really well.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Two new customs this week.

First - a Semi-Superarticulated Coleman Trebor:

Recipe:
Head, Torso, Waistskirt, Hands - Coleman Trebor
Arms, Legs - ROTS Kit Fisto

I had a lot of problems getting the shoulder joints to fit.  The only way I could make it look decent was to cut the Kit Fisto arms at the ring joint and place it inside the Coleman Ring joint.  I hope that makes sense.  Unfortunately, that makes is somewhat difficult to reposition his arms.  Does that make sense?  Any suggestions?  BTW, what do you think of the colors on the robes?  I'm trying the new Repear paints that Hemble recommended (keep in mind my, ahem, deficiencies  ;) ). 

I also need to dig out the lightsaber from my other Coleman.  I just grabbed a generic lightsaber from my bit box.

Second up, my entry for the group project, Ysanne Isard.  Close up pictures reveals that I was a little sloppy on the paint.   I'll have to clean that up later.  I'm also guessing that you are going to tell me to match the hands and face skin colors better  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 4/14- Coleman Trebor and Ysanne Isard
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2006, 02:11 AM »
Ysanne Isard - Good work Brent, she looks very good.  Good blend of parts here and I think the painting is good.  Female characters are always tough so I'm kind of dreading my entry, I hope it is at least half as good as yours.

Coleman Trebor - Coleman NEVER looked this good before, best custom upgrade of him I've ever seen, and one of the best all around Jedi, period.  WOW, great mix of parts here and the painting is stellar.  A+++++

:)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2006, 02:44 AM »
I don't know who Ysanne Isard is but I do like the custom teh grey at the front is a nice touch, If youwant to clean it up just get lightly drybrush over it and it will come up very nicely.

Coleman Trebor is bloody excellent the paint apps looks toatally realistic mate you've done one hell of a job on him and I'm really glad you that the Reaper paints are working out.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2006, 10:09 AM »
OMG that Trebor is awesome, any chance of getting a recipe? I can't really say much on Isard cause I don't have a clue who she is. I kow shes an Officer in the IMP navy but thats it.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2006, 10:33 AM »
So far, its seems Coleman is a hit.  I'm still not happy with his arms.  I think I'm going to have to mutilate a pilot Obi-Wan to make him the way I want him to look.  He looks good posed but he doesn't have any "play" value until I can fix his shoulders. 

As far as the paint job on him, most of the credit goes to the Hasbro mold.  The tunic and skirt are very well detailed.  I really just put another coat of Khaki to blend the arms and tunic and light wash of an earth brown to bring out the details.  I also washed a little light gray on Coleman's skin.

Smarty - I've got recipe for him right under the picture - pretty simple ROTS Kit Fisto arms and legs and the rest is Coleman.  Like I said though the shoulder joints are the hardest part.

Also, thanks for the comments on Ysanne.  Like most of you, I'm not really familiar but I had to get an entry for at least one group project character!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2006, 11:48 AM »
So far, its seems Coleman is a hit.  I'm still not happy with his arms.  I think I'm going to have to mutilate a pilot Obi-Wan to make him the way I want him to look.  He looks good posed but he doesn't have any "play" value until I can fix his shoulders. 

Well, I just couldn't let this figure lay still.  I sacrificed two pilot obi-wan figures last night in an attempt to get at the proper shoulder joints.  I finally had success but it required much dremmling of the pilot torsoe to free them.  Boil and pop just wouldn't cut it (no pun intended).

He doesn't really look any different now (slightly different arms) so I didn't put any new pictures up.  However, he's now a figure that I can really be proud of.  Maybe my favorite one so far :)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Brent - Man, that Gladiator is AWESOME!  The Dex head on the SSSD Hulk figure is great.  I picked up the Hulk-Wolverine 2-pack for Wolverine and I was planning on doing something with the Hulk figure, but I never got around to it.  I'm glad somebody is using these super-articulated figures for Star Wars customs.  Very well done.

Coleman Trebor - Very nice!  I haven't seen many Coleman Trebor customs, so it's nice to see a well-executed one.  I don't really follow what the problem is with the arm switch - did you cut the Kit Fisto upper arms off of the ball-socket ring and then place them onto Coleman's ball-socket ring?  It's too bad these ball-sockets don't pop out easily when heated  :-\.  Sorry I don't have any idea of how to fix that problem.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Kluh, busting out on main page again.  Thanks Jeff!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Not a new custom of mine but some fun with one of my customs and two Saga2 figures: