Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93168 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/5- More Updates to Jedi Council
« Reply #150 on: May 7, 2006, 12:06 AM »
The columns are made from Styrene tubes (from Evergreen parts).  They are 1/2" hollow tubes painted with Gamesworkshop Chainmail metallic paint.  I think they are my favorite part of the whole set-up.  I know that they movie version are much much bigger but I think they look just fine like this!

Last update on the Jedi Council Chamber.  Without actually gluing everything down its finished (I think).  I painted a new floor color and added the center graphic.  Posed a few different Council members for fun:

« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 12:08 AM by BrentS »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/6- Jedi Council Chamber Finished
« Reply #151 on: May 7, 2006, 04:38 AM »
I knew this would turn out great... but to be honest I better reply hen I'm a bit more sober - CHEWIE had too many drinks tinight.

:)

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: May 7, 2006, 04:43 AM »
I knew this would turn out great... but to be honest I better reply hen I'm a bit more sober - CHEWIE had too many drinks tinight.

I couldn't tell by reading that post. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 7, 2006, 08:27 AM »
I dunno, only two typos and a third person reference :)  Brent think's that is pretty good for an inebriated wookie.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 08:33 AM by BrentS »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #154 on: May 7, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Brent your a mad man this thing is Awesome, I love it it looks just like it was out of the movies.
The paint is a perfect match for the floor and you laid that decal perfectly from the looks of it, no wrinkles etc. Keep it up, your Dios are getting real good, I may just have to start some now. :P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2006, 01:57 PM »
I posted these photos over at Galactic Hunter as well and someone over there had an interesting idea to create a “3D” look to the windows.  They suggested printing various layers of the background image on Mylar and lining them up to create the effect.  You could even light from behind so that it would look like light was filtering through the windows. 

Since GH doesn’t get that much foot traffic, I was posting this here to see if anyone has any insight on mylar “films” as far as printing goes.  I’m not entirely sure what Mylar film is but I could possible use transparency film but I’m not sure if you stack those up if it would blur the image.  Does anyone have any experience with printing on mylar?  Do you think this would even work?

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Not sure about workig with mylar -- but transparencies would work.  It's a variation on a technique used for stage design.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Brent! Great dio -- but what caught my eye is that Yaddle. Did they make a figure of her that I was unaware of, because that looks great.
-Matthew H.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2006, 04:16 PM »
That is one of the best dioramas I've seen anyone make.... will comment more when I have more time!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Hey Brent,

Man, you've been busy! 
I love these guys:

Great use of the AoD Ash head.  He reminds me of a "what-if" type jedi (like what if another jedi had to go into exile and be known as a crazy hermit like Obi-Wan)

Holy crap.  This guy rules!  The paint apps are great, very effective

That Jedi Council scene looks great too.  It looks very realistic  8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Thats one awesome Jedi Chamber!  I love it.  The background is super.  THe floor is just amazing and the columns are outstanding.  I wish tht you could market this.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  Really outstanding work. 

Where is that background from?  It makes the piece feel just like the movie set. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Thanks for the comments my friends.

Outrider - the background images and floor logo were printed from Nuib Nuib's site at Galactic Hunter.  The layered approach for the windows was created using Styrene sheets.

Greg - thanks for picking out a couple of customs to bring back.  I'm glad you liked the Shrumpel custom (Ephant based one).  He was fun to do and sat as a WIP for quite a while.  I never saw a Ephant in the wild so its funny that some how I picked up three of them via pretty inexpensive eBay channels.  I decided to sacrifice one for a custom :)

Chewie - that's twice you've promised comments on this one  :P  :P  :P

hyouriittai - I wish I could claim the Yaddle as a custom  ;D  It was actually one of the figures that came with the original two (Saga packaged) versions of the Jedi Council.  There are some great figures in those first two sets (Yaddle, Ransis, Yauref  - I'm sure I butchered all the spelling).

tykrazen - I may give the transparencies a shot and see how they turn out.  It would definitely require a complete rework on this set to make it happen though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I'm sorry Brent, I've worked almost 45 hours in just three days.  My life is hell right now and it's going to be this way at work for a while.

But the Council looks great.  This is something I couldn't ever come close to doing, I can't cut a straight line with foamcore at all.  I am totally impressed with this, what a great little playset.  I'd love to have this over the one Hasbro made.  The floor printout too matches up perfectly.

On the huge Ephant Mon body guy, I have no idea how I missed that custom before, I guess becase I've been so busy.  That is one evil looking creep!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Thanks Chewie - just giving you some crap :)  As far as the Ephant Custom, he's on page 9.  He was part of a big update I had a while ago.  I gave you a shout out on that one as inspiring it with your Ephant custom.  Anyway, stop working so hard :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2006, 02:01 AM »
I took a bunch of photos for Chapter 3 of my photonovel tonight.  However, I didn't quite get them all taken and since I'm going overseas next week on business so I'm not sure when I'm going to get the rest of them finished.  I'm going to try to edit the ones I've taken while I sitting on the plane with nothing to do.  Anyway, here is on sneak peak:

I may still modify it when I finish all the other sequences.

I'm sure I'll have a zillion cool customs to come back and comment on when I get back at the end of the week.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 02:02 AM by BrentS »