Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93159 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/29- Updated Diva
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2006, 06:51 AM »
Nice update.

I love the parts mix on the Diva. Thel meld together very well. The Pirate's jacket works well. Is it removable or did you have to cut it off the original fig.?

The Weequay looks good, except for the robe, which to me, look like it was cut for maturnity wear. I think a nice vest would go a long way to improving this custom.

Keep up the great work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/29- Updated Diva and Beast Master
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2006, 06:36 PM »
The Jacket is glued down in a couple of places but its relatively easy to remove.  There is a whole in the back (upper shoulder) where the pouch thing she is wearing is attached also.

I'm finishing up another custom for Gardulla's Fortress.  Here is a Twi'lek Beast Master.  The perspective is off a little in this photo.  The head doesn't look quite as large in person.

Recipe:
Head - Orn Free Ta, eye patch sculpted with greenstuff.  Scarring also added with greenstuff
Torso - Boss Nass
Arms, Legs - Malakili

I didn't realize how hard it would be to get the legs to swap out of the Boss Nass body.  I basically had to sacrifice the leg articulation (not that there was much there anyway) to glue them into place.  I may need to touch up some the face to hide the blue that leaked through :)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2006, 09:03 PM »
wow, that looks great! the green skin and the spots look just awsome. good parts mix too. i might add a skirt or kilt type deal to him, just a suggestion, it may hide the strange look of the leg joints. great custom though!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2006, 09:23 PM »
I agree. KILT KILT KILT!

Rawr.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 09:25 PM by Word_Weaver »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2006, 10:03 PM »
WOW.  Now I need to make that kilt.  I totally agree, it would really help improve this custom of mine.  Thanks for the ideas guys!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2006, 11:23 PM »
What a great use of parts that typically no one ever uses. He is one of the most bizaar aliens I've ever seen. I think he should be a space pirate instead of beast master.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Brent, your updates keep getting better and better!

Diva - Outstanding work here, the parts already look fantastic, but the repainting of the flesh is just perfect!

Beast Master - Nice!  Excellent color scheme and an interesting, ugly creature.   I love it.  And I agree, some sort of kilt/kama would top it off perfectly!

:)

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 2, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Really nice looking and original stuff man!  I love that beast master!  That kilt looks dynamite!  Very original concept and great execution!  They could be used in Black sun dioramas, boonta Eve, Jabbas dioramas, cantinas etc.  I love when customs can be used in a variety of displays.  Really cool stuff !
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 2, 2006, 10:35 PM »
Outrider - thanks for the compliments.  I wish I could claim that kilt but I can't.  That was actually added w/ photoshop (or something similar) by Word Weaver.  I'll adding pictures of the actual update in my next reply.

« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 12:52 AM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 6/2- Beast Master now has skirt
« Reply #204 on: June 3, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Bumpity....

I've gone back and added a custom kilt to this figure.  I think its a 100% percent improvement on him.  Thanks to Jedistyle and Word Weaver for the Kilt inspiration.

I've also named this guy - Aat'nro Eerf, the beast master for Gardulla the Hutt.

Here is a group photo of Aat'nro with his work in progress employer

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #205 on: June 3, 2006, 12:17 PM »
They make such a lovely couple, soooooo hideous, I like the skirt design you gave the Beast master, it looks really cool.
On Gardulla, I'd make her head a bit more pointy at the top, she didnt seem to have ethose perfect squished heads we see that Jabba did.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 3, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Great job on this set!  Its great to see some completely original concepts and designs such as these 2 cool figures.  Great to see such a great custom hutt.  They both came out great.  Each one has great features , the beast master's kilt came out great.  Nice to see some custom soft goods! 

Gardula is just awesome.  Those breasts....sexy!
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline The_Tin_Man

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Site
« Reply #207 on: June 4, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Yes the Beast Master is a good mix of parts. He does look better with the kilt. ;D The Gardula is looking GREAT! I can't wait to see her finished and in your photonovel.
Keep up the good work
:)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 4, 2006, 02:07 PM »
the beast master looks great brent, very cool use of the waist pice from zam wessel. this is a cool pair, it would amke a good gardulla's palace 2 pack!

great work!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #209 on: June 5, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Aat'nro is awesome!  I love the parts choice and paint apps and the use of the kilt is really cool.  Great figure, he fits right in with a Huttese court!

Gardulla - Looking good so far.  The sculpting blends seamlessly with the actual figure.  I can't wait to see her finished

Weequay - friggin' cool!  He looks badass and, like Aat'nro, definitely fits in with a Huttese court.

I really like the parts choice/paint apps on the Diva.  I didn't realize Rystall's hair was removable.  Interesting and effective idea to put it on Sly Moore's head.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.