Author Topic: How Is Distribution?  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
How Is Distribution?
« on: April 27, 2003, 07:16 PM »
I am interested in an update on how things are going for everyone. Personally, I have not found a single 2003 figure at retail. I have read a few things of people scoring so let's sum up what is going on right here.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: How Is Distribution?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 07:35 PM »
Havent seen a new figure (02 or 03) in about 4 months, I think, I dunno the exact date, just check out the Alabama Finds section to see me talking to myself about bad distribution.  ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 08:31 PM »
I've only found new figures at WalMart.  The problem there is that this is the only chain in the northeast that seems to be getting new figures.  Why?  Because they don't have too much stock to begin with.  And when they order, they only get so much.  3-4 cases of Basic Figures seems like a lot for a WalMart.  And since this is the only chain that seems to be getting anything, there are even more collectors and scalpers going to these stores and almost immediately cleaning out the SW stock.

The real issue still seems to be the stock situation at mass retailers like KayBee and Toys R Us.  These retailers still haven't gotten anything new because they're still dealing with excess stock from the holidays.  Not a popular answer, but an accurate one.  When these stores start getting new figures, things will be a whole lot easier to deal with.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 08:32 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Jango Fettish

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 09:28 PM »
Well, as for 3 3/4, I saw everything up through the Aayla Secura wave. Then I resorted to a trade show for the new Mace + Boba.

Then a few days ago, I came up upon the Jedi Padawans wave.

Unleashed have just been scarce all over NC, so after seeing up through the Padme/Anakin wave, I got the new Mace + Slave Leia through retail/conventions.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 10:22 PM »
Things are still very scarce in the area here but they are starting to slowly trickle out. Here's a breakdown on what I've seen at the various retailers.

TRU - Just last week finally saw the new Vader and Leia Unleashed. Nothing else new for 2003 there.

Walmart - Last Saturday found about a half dozen of the new figs at 3 different Walmarts for the first time. Found nothing new this weekend there however.

Regular Targets - Nothing at all.

SuperTargets - Found a single Blonde IO a couple days ago and a lone Slave 1 AF yesterday. Today found the new Obi-Wan and Jango Deluxe figs. But even this stuff has been hit and miss at the various SuperTargets in the area.

Kaybee - Nothing at all.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 10:39 AM »
Not too much being found in Indy.

Meijers = 12" Han, Lando, AT-ST Driver

Target = Nothing

Super Target = Yoda Saber

Wal-Mart = Mace, R2-D2, Anakin, and many peg warmers.

Toys-R-Us = Unleashed Vader and Leia

K-Mart = Peg Warmers

KB-Toys = Nothing
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 11:21 AM »

That sums it up for us here in Canada.  :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 04:06 PM »
I did pretty well a a couple months ago on the first 2003 wave (Obi, Dooku, Tusken, Padme) and the POTJ rehashes (RFT, IO, Teebo, Eeth).  Then a couple months of virtually nothing.  Then finally my big Collection 2 score last week.  Still haven't seen Coll. 1 wave 2 in stores (Boba, R2, etc.).

Every new figure I've found this year was at one of two Target stores.  Not a single new figure at any other store chains (TRU, WM, KB, K-Mart, etc.)   And that's saying a lot considering I hit a good 10-20 stores on my runs.  I know a few other local collecting brethren have had a little more success than I though, so the new stuff is apparently hitting, if but barely.

One good sign that I've noticed over the past week though, is that it appears that the pegs have been widely cleared out.  Lotsa empty space, and most of the crappy old pegwarmers seem to have disappeared, so hopefully Hasbro's reps have been stopping by and pulling the garbage out to make room for some new stuff.  Hopefully all the new stuff that must be sitting in the back stockrooms is put out soon...

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 05:22 PM »
Guys, if anyone could pick up a Unleashed Vader (redemption) for me, I'd be your best friend. He's the last Unleashed I need.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Guys, if anyone could pick up a Unleashed Vader (redemption) for me, I'd be your best friend. He's the last Unleashed I need.

I'll keep an eye out for him for ya' Cory.  That's the new one in the Slave Leia wave, right?  He's coming out of his meditation chamber, correct?

Jango Fettish

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 08:24 PM »
You are correct, sir. In all his pale-skinned glory.  ::)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2003, 05:09 PM »
Hey Matt, I got an Unleashed Vader from someone on RS for $17/shipped. Thanks for lookin' out.
 :D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 05:17 PM »
Well that didn't take too long.  Good for you Cory!  I'll cross it off my "hunt" list then...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2003, 06:16 PM »
I still haven't seen any new 2003 figures this year, I know my cousin has found some by his house in Fontana.  

One good sign that I've noticed over the past week though, is that it appears that the pegs have been widely cleared out.  Lotsa empty space, and most of the crappy old pegwarmers seem to have disappeared, so hopefully Hasbro's reps have been stopping by and pulling the garbage out to make room for some new stuff.  Hopefully all the new stuff that must be sitting in the back stockrooms is put out soon...

I been seeing this at one TRU in my area all of the other stores I have been to since last week still have peg full of old figures.  If anyone needs Destoryer Droids I know a Walmart that has about 6 of them in Chino.  
Hopefully the pegs being cleared will get us 2003 cases and not cases marked with "Do Not Sell Until April 23 2002". :( ::)

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2003, 06:18 PM »
i keep checking everywhere and the only place i seem to find anything is at walmart.