Author Topic: Treasure hunt short packed ships??  (Read 20980 times)

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure hunt short packed ships??
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Logo on left wing

Logo on right wing

No logo

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 06:33 PM »
I don't understand this variation...all six of my ties have no logo's on the wings anywhere. ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2006, 11:02 PM »
edit: never mind  ::)
« Last Edit: February 3, 2006, 11:05 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2006, 09:08 PM »
I just read on Hasblow's site that this Gold VADER tie  is 9.99$ while the Hasbro catalog shows the other titaniums(white tie, turbo tank, republic assault cruiser, speeder bike) are only 4.99$?!
 Wonder if this means it's an exclusively packed ship? for 10$? ?
Like it won't be with the regular ass. cases?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 2, 2006, 04:42 AM »
Noted the UGH (limited) slave 1 is 2 to a case. I'm not freaking out saying ' that shouldn't be limited-it's 2 to a case' because that's the only case I saw it in out of the future cases coming! 

EDIT:
OK,  that was classic. After typed this I visited EE and it looks like they updated they're SW section again
It now looks like the Slave 1 will be easier to snag since there is now 3 other case assts it's in.

It  could be somewhat difficult as non-titanium collectors may snag this ship to help complete they're '2006 UGH line' though...I guess I'll see....
« Last Edit: March 2, 2006, 05:16 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 09:14 PM »
I saw two of the raw metal UGH Slave I at a TRU today. I almost bought them.....

Noted the UGH (limited) slave 1 is 2 to a case. I'm not freaking out saying ' that shouldn't be limited-it's 2 to a case' because that's the only case I saw it in out of the future cases coming! 

EDIT:
OK,  that was classic. After typed this I visited EE and it looks like they updated they're SW section again
It now looks like the Slave 1 will be easier to snag since there is now 3 other case assts it's in.

It  could be somewhat difficult as non-titanium collectors may snag this ship to help complete they're '2006 UGH line' though...I guess I'll see....
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Looks like the next 'limited' Titaniums are the

Gold Vader Tie(2006 convention excl)
Episode 3 Deco M. Falcon
McQuarrie concept Blue A wing? Limited or not?
Mace Windu's purple SF? Limited or not?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Through 9 waves this year and I still see no mention of the earlier reported 'Stargate' ships while wave 6,7 have the BG ships. I still wonder if Hasbro cancelled the SG ships or not.

<sorry for the DP>

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 11:50 PM »
On the StarGate stuff:

It sounds like there might have been some last minute licesning problems on them.  I asked Hasbro about it and they said they are still coming at some point, but it may not be until 2007 (or maybe never if the BG stuff does not sell well).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Phew..Finally an update on those..OK thanks Jeff. :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #25 on: May 3, 2006, 01:49 PM »
What wrong with this picture?

Found today at my local TRU store. Neat for all you error hunters out there.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2006, 01:50 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ire

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46 AM »
I finally found a CW Gunship today.  However, I thought this was a TH vehicle and the packaging would read 'Titanium Limited' rather than the normal 'Titanium Series'.  Is the special foil packaging only for the US??  Because from the pics I've found on the net what I got was basically the regular red gunship packaging with a CW gunship put in.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 05:43 AM »
I finally found a CW Gunship today.  However, I thought this was a TH vehicle and the packaging would read 'Titanium Limited' rather than the normal 'Titanium Series'.  Is the special foil packaging only for the US??  Because from the pics I've found on the net what I got was basically the regular red gunship packaging with a CW gunship put in.

All of the Clone Wars Gunships that I've ever seen (and the couple that I've bought) said "Titanium Limited Die-Cast" on them, at the top, in a silver foil type of sticker, which differs from the regular ships that all say "Titanium Series Die-Cast" at the top, with a regular (non-silver foil) sticker.  It's not quite like the "Treasure Hunt" silver packaging of the recent Slave-1 though, but fairly similar, and definitely different from the regular issue ships, for sure.  At least here in the U.S.

I've got the new ROTS Falcon now as well, and it's got the same "Limited" silver foil sticker at the top as the Clone Wars Gunships.  Maybe you got a production error, or an odd switcheroo from someone's return, or if you're not in the U.S. that's just how they come in your country...?  I don't know.  Good luck figuring it out.  Still a cool ship, nonetheless.  Do you open them, or keep them "carded"?

I guess these "chase" ships aren't quite as tricky to nab as many of us feared early on.  The Silver UGH Slave-1 is practically warming the pegs around here, and I've even seen a few of the CW Gunships of late.  I guess that's a good thing, since the chase pieces in some of the other lines (Kubrick, Bust-ups, etc.) are turning into a real nightmare nowadays!

Offline Ire

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 02:14 AM »
I thought that the CW gunship I got might've been a switched one too, but I can't see the logic of someone switching out a TH ship and putting it into a regular packaging.  Anyways there doesn' seem to be any tampering with the packaging.  here's a pic to show what it is like:

Wierd eh?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 03:30 AM »
Ah, I see the problem, I think.  You've got a Tri-logo version there, Ire.  I'm guessing that's the reason, anyway.  I guess the Tri-logos just won't have the silver "Limited" header, like the U.S. versions.  Have you seen the UGH Slave-1, or ROTS Falcon yet, and if so, did they say "Limited" on them?  Where are you anyway, Canada, or elsewhere?

I just went through all my "Chase" ships, and this is what they look like:

White Tie-Fighter:  Normal "Titanium Series" packaging.  No evidence that it's even a chase/limited vehicle.

Clone Wars Gunship:  Silver "Titanium Limited Diecast" foil header (no UGH sticker)

Silver Slave-1:  Silver "Titanium Limited Diecast" foil header (with Silver 'UGH' sticker on bubble)

ROTS Millenium Falcon:  Silver "Titanium Limited Diecast" foil header (no UGH sticker)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 03:32 AM by JediMAC »