Author Topic: Treasure hunt short packed ships??  (Read 21058 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Treasure hunt short packed ships??
« on: January 1, 2006, 01:58 AM »
Treasure hunt short packed ships...your thoughts?
1 to a case 3" titanium ships that ring up on your receipt as " treas..."! And in computer scanners as "treasure hunt"

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure hunt short packed ships??
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2006, 09:25 AM »
The white TIE treasure hunt doesn't bug me because it's just nostalgia but the ROTS Falcon that is rumored to be the next treasure hunt does.  That is cool and it's a great connection to the old movies.  I know they are short packing it because it's just a repaint but not THAT one! >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2006, 01:41 AM »
Is it just nostalgia...one to a case? Or a matter of availability? Interesting I had a feeling the Falcon would be next since there was "supposed" to be a battle-damaged falcon avail last year but they cancelled it....

I wonder then if we're getting all the original first wave of 4 titanium ships rereleased as TH's??

I wonder if Hasbro is listening to all the folks who complained at the seemingly "experimental short" release of the original wave.( they seem like they all go on EBAY for over 25$ each now!! :o)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2006, 12:22 PM »
I'm just glad I got the Boba Fett Slave 1 in the multipack.  I was really mad when I couldn't find it in wave 1.   I opened my white TIE and it's really cool!  in general I don't like the "treasure hunt" idea at all!  It's way too much like the Hot Wheels Dork thing and I don't even like thinking about them. 

The White TIE is "nostalgia" to me because it reminds me of my 1st diecast ship from the 80s.   I wouldn't have been bent out of shape had I not found it but that's just personal preference.  If they made "Raw Metal" ships as the "treasure hunt" vehicles it would be easier to accept.  However, the ROTS Falcon and any other ship that was in the films would freak me out if they made them Treasure Hunts. 

Just think if they made a Droid Control ship w/ ROTS markings a Treasure Hunt.  That would really make me crazy mad!!!  I hope they do make one because I'll need a couple to fight my Republic Attack Cruisers... 8)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 3, 2006, 07:09 PM »
agreed , I don't like the TH idea either. You either get there when the case opens or your on your own /try to luck out. That would suck a neimoidian ship as a TH...c'mon after how well the 3 3/4"neimo warriors sold they wouldn't do that...or WOULD they ..hmmm ::)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Not a big fan of this idea in the least bit. Still fighting to find that Tie and have seen the newest wave of Titaniums at least 7-8 times >:(. Funny thing is that I haven't seen Jango's Slave I either and that's 3x per case ???.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: January 6, 2006, 04:12 AM »
Ray, Slothus has an extra or two of the Treasure Hunt TIE, so drop him a line and maybe he can hook you up at the next SoCal meeting if you haven't found it by then.

I'm obviously not a big fan of "chase" pieces either, but you have to admit, they do (unfortunately) add a certain element of excitement/buzz/trading/whatever to a particular line.  I think I can stomach the TIE ratios (barely), but if they start going as agro as the Kubricks and Bust-ups lines are now, where the chases are so insanely limited and rare that they run anywhere from $50 - $125, then I'm gonna be PISSED OFF.  So hopefully it doesn't come to that, and this line stays enjoyable, and doesn't become a major headache like those others can be now.

I surprisingly found the TIE last week, but only because I arrived to Target right after they unloaded a couple fresh cases of the Titanium ships.  Best just to keep networking in here, so we can help eachother out with these HTF suckers, to save our collecting OCD from getting too twisted...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 06:35 AM »
whoa...check out EE for the planned TH/Limited ships in upcoming case assortments!

According to what they(entertainment earth) show..we can't go by the list Hasbro released earlier to france as true-Just can't wait for the Press release to clear things up-Unfortunately, I'll likely be finding these in the stores and THEN the press release will hit ::)

According to EE
 future TH's include-

-Republic gunship (CW paint apps-I really hope the cartoon  version)
-Trade federation fighter( the tri-droid fighter maybe?)
-Limited slave 1?(somebody tell me the diff. of limited and TH?-will it be silver?)

Funny thing is ..is in the cases with the TH's is also the limited Slave 1's??!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I've found the TH Tie five times already and I wasn't even actively pursuing it after I found my original.  Hopefully I'll have the same amount of luck with the future hunts.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 04:06 PM »
I have also seen the TH tie fighter 5 times.  I bought 3 of them because I found different variations that I will take a pic of if anyone is interested. I have one with a titanium series logo on the inside of the left wing, one with the logo on the right wing and one with no titanium series logo at all.  The ones with the logos are the same datestamp so maybe one is an error and the wings were switched but and the one without the logo is on a newer datestamp (i've seen 2 with no logo and both are on the same datestamp)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 08:21 PM »
I've never seen at white TIE w/ a logo and I've seen them 8 or 9 times in stores.  I have 4 Republic Attack Cruisers and only 1 of them has a logo...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 05:37 PM »
I've found the TH Tie five times already and I wasn't even actively pursuing it after I found my original.  Hopefully I'll have the same amount of luck with the future hunts.

And it looks like you just scored the CW Gunship too, Mike.  Nice work!  Stick the pic in here...  8)

Did it look like it was short-packed, based on what you saw on the shelves?

Jon, if the CW Gunship is indeed a TH, I might seek your help on it.  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I've since seen the TH Tie twice since my last post.

Anywayz...What I found on the pegs was the following...

2x Imperial Shuttle
3x AT-AT
1x Republic Gunship
2-3x DV Tie (wasn't paying attention at this point)

Not sure if anything got picked over before I went as I don't pay attention to case assortments...

Oh, here's the pic of my loot....My camera didn't do too good of a job on the "foilesk" Titanium lable on the GS where it says Limited vs. Series.  I'll try and take a better pic of the ship's packaging by itself.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Ok.  Here's the best pic I could get from my camera for the TH RG.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:19 PM by iFett »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 03:25 AM »
Thanks for the pic there Mike (and for the front page here too).  That's interesting that the CW Gunship says "Limited" instead of "Series".  I hadn't heard of that before, so that certainly suggests this may be another "Treasure Hunt" ship here.  Granted, the TH TIE Fighter didn't say "Limited" on it though (at least not the one that I have)...

Speaking of which, I finally double checked my TH TIE, and it indeed has the super tiny "Titanium" sticker on the inside of the right wing.  What does everyone else have?  I've heard of it coming both ways, and I'm inclined to get another one without it since it'd look better, and more movie accurate.