Author Topic: Daigo-Bah's Customs (8/4)  (Read 49282 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (7/19)
« Reply #75 on: September 1, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Thanks DA.  Based on several comments and pics at RS, I realized that the arms and legs of the Snowtrooper commander are the same as the AT-AT Driver (including the upside-down shoulder armor... see the difference between the VTAC Snowtrooper and the AT-AT Driver) and the strapless boots.  He also does not have a backpack, and his mask is a faceplate rather than cloth, so I sculpied a solid faceplate.  I'm going to call this one done I think!

« Last Edit: June 6, 2008, 08:34 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (9/1)
« Reply #76 on: September 1, 2007, 12:04 PM »
wow looks almost better than the VTAC one. great job.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 4, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Looks great, but I beg to differ on the forearms.  The pic to me looks like he's wearing large gloves over stormie forearm armor and has the back of the palm armor over the large glove.  I think the original Saga version has a better example of this.

http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Collectibles/Modern/Saga/Basic_Figures/03-19_Snowtrooper&image=saga_snowt_r.jpg&img=&tt=
« Last Edit: September 4, 2007, 07:02 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: September 5, 2007, 01:07 AM »
Very slick looking figure DB...

I think I'd stick witht he softgoods Kama to keep the SA of the figures together (it'd fit better IMO with the V30AC figure too).  I actually liked the cloth there on that figure though.

Some of the specifics are tough to make out on that guy since he was in one sequence filmed on a sound stage, likely at a different time than the other troopers were filmed.  Excellent detective work to figure out the costume differences.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 5, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Wow, you're right, the arms and legs are the same. This second one came out great as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2007, 12:21 PM »
I love me some ewoks.  LOVE them  ;).  Seriously, I hope Hasbro continues to churn them out.  In the meantime, I cobbled together a few easy variations from the Romba and Graak set as well as an extra Chirpa.  From the left, I repainted Chirpa reddish/brown and gave him Graak's hood; the next two are Rombas with new paintjobs and repainted Romba hoods cut into different configurations.  The rightmost is a Graak with a Romba hood.  All of them were painted by first applying a dark brown or black coat to cover the figure or hood completely, then drybrushed repeatedly with a much lighter color (Jedistyle's -and Chewie's I think- technique: thanks bruthas!).

Greg Reeves

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (12/21)
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2007, 04:18 PM »
A suggestion at RS had me swap the hoods of the 2 rightmost ewoks (since they blended into the fur too well), shown here:

Greg Reeves

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2007, 05:57 PM »
That looks better Greg. Everything looks better drybrushed.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 2, 2008, 11:49 PM »
Here is a moisture farmer for the back of the cantina (he's either Eyvind or some other "fake" farmer).

He's made with a POTJ Ben body with the robe cut short, and a TAC Biggs Pilot head with the mustache sliced off.  His belt is a rubber band looped around twice, and everything repainted.  The spaceman patron is a GI Joe Ace from the comic pack painted all in white with drybrushed silver.

And here he is the cantina:

Greg Reeves

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (6/2)
« Reply #84 on: June 3, 2008, 11:54 AM »
WOW that last shot I thought was a reference pic from the movie, until I saw the joints on the figure.  Spectacular job, never would've guessed that was Biggs.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 3, 2008, 03:51 PM »
Great work Daigo-Bah  I am left speachless
I too thought that was a shot from the film.   and would have never guess that was Biggs
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: June 3, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Great figures as always Greg. 

-Moisture Farmer...  I think it's just a good use of parts.  Was this someone in the Cantina or just made up tof ill it out?  I know there's some farmers but this one doesn't particularly stand out to me as someone I recall from a ref pic or anything.  If you'd have not said you shaved a Biggs mustache down, I would've never known who that was.  I thought it was an Anthony Daniels head actually.

-Spacer...  I think you did an outstanding job on him really.  I'm not a huge fan of mixing GI Joe into Star Wars though, as I do feel the articulation doesn't jive well between the two, and thus I can see the GI Joe base figure and can't get past it.  Just an aesthetic thing, so not a slight on your work at all...  I think it's great for what it is though, and very well painted.

Customizing's something I just never even take the time to think about lately except to buy up fodder I want when I have a chance to get it at a fairer price.  Always nice to check out nice new figures though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 6, 2008, 08:25 PM »
Thanks guys- sorry for the late reply, it's been a few days since I checked in here in customs!  JJ, the farmer is fairly close in accuracy to a farmer in the cantina named Eyvind or another named Merc Sunlet.  Of course, back in '77, old Ben's outfit was supposed to represent a Tatooine resident but has since come to be the base design of the Jedi outfit.  So I had to alter some things to try and get away from the jedi look.  Thanks for the comments on the Biggs head; I didn't so much choose it for accuracy, but rather that was all I had.  Glad it doesn't look like Biggs anymore!  Agreed on the Joes mixing with SW; I'd rather always use SW stuff for SW customs (and the Indy line is pretty close too!).  This was a case of a pilot looking pretty close to a spaceman, so it represents the only Joe I plan on mixing in!
Greg Reeves

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 5, 2008, 01:44 AM »
This is the rebel pilots 1 set Ten Nunb with a red suit repaint and a Nein Nunb head replacement.  Ten wore a skullcap just like Nein, so thought I would convert it into a ball jointed head.  It was a bit of a rush job, but these new pics show it slightly cleaned up.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:59 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (8/5)
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2008, 10:44 AM »
What brand and red paint did you use? I've been wanting to do that as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."