Author Topic: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles  (Read 59775 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles
« Reply #120 on: February 3, 2005, 03:03 AM »
So I still haven't bit on anything beyond the Falcon, despite my constant blabbering that I intend to do so with this line.  That's still the plan though, 'cause I really like these ships, despite their ridiculously inflated price point.  Cool AT-ST, that's for sure...

8)
« Last Edit: February 3, 2005, 03:05 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 3, 2005, 10:44 AM »
 8) Yup! I'll be putting in my order the minute it goes on sale. Awesome looking piece.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Just got an email from Code 3.

It is time for our annual April Fools No Fool'n FREE Shipping! Don't miss the one day of the year that you can order any in-stock item and receive FREE shipping. Your order must be placed between 12:00 AM PST April 1, 2005 and 11:59 PM PST April 1, 2005 to qualify.

You only have one day to take advantage of our free shipping offer so mark your calendars!

*Item must be in-stock on April 1, 2005 to qualify for this promotion. Does not apply to previously placed orders. You save $24.75 on shipping the FDNY Rescue set when all items are shipped together.

Whoopee! Not going there.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2005, 02:45 PM »
So I still haven't bit on anything beyond the Falcon, despite my constant blabbering that I intend to do so with this line.  That's still the plan though, 'cause I really like these ships, despite their ridiculously inflated price point.  Cool AT-ST, that's for sure...

8)

JediMAC: If you are still in the market for Code 3 ships and want to save some coin, check out the DarkSideNet Store.

I got my RGS last weekend and love it! :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Interesting.  Thanks for the tip, Rock.  Those prices aren't too bad, but they don't include the acrylic case, do they?  Do they even have that there, and if so, what's that run?

I assume when they say "No shipping to the lower 48", they actually mean "Free" shipping, correct?  No shipping charges for your RGS?  It showed up in mint condition and all that jazz?

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2005, 03:11 PM »
I ended up getting my RGS directly from Code 3 cheaper since I had a bunch of points that brought the final cost waaayyyy down. Plus, they were offering $30 off for CGM's and free covers at the time.

As for the ships from the DSN Store, the covers are sold separately, and yes, shipping is free. :)

EDIT - Ooops! Forgot to aswer the price for the covers. They are $50 it looks like, so that would put the X-Wing and Slave1 at $285 shipped, and the RGS at $305 shipped.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 03:14 PM by Mini-Rock »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Here is something I got in an email today from Code 3:

"It is time for our annual April Fools No Fool'n FREE Shipping! Don't miss the one day of the year that you can order any in-stock item and receive FREE shipping. Your order must be placed between 12:00 AM PST April 1, 2005 and 11:59 PM PST April 1, 2005 to qualify.

You only have one day to take advantage of our free shipping offer so mark your calendars!"

http://www.code3.net/product/detail.asp?item=15005

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Yeah, I got that earlier too Sharon.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help me at all, since their warehouse is just 10 minutes up the freeway from me, and I just stop by there in person to get the stuff.

Now if they waived the damned sales tax I get hit with, maybe I'd think about it.

Unfortunately, I think I let some of my "points" expire last month, so there goes that discount too...

You collecting these as well Sharon?

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2005, 05:05 PM »
No Matt, this is one series I have been able to resist. I like them, just don't like the price.  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2005, 07:48 PM »
I've only "temporarily" been resisting the last couple so far.  They certainly haven't sold like hotcakes at that price point, despite their nice quality (yeah, I know they've got a few problems too).  So I've been waiting patiently to find a real nice deal or two on them to catch back up on things.  As much as I dig the Gunship too, I'm definitely going to stick with just the OT vehicles with this line.

The biggest problem with these, is trying to sneak them in past the wife, and then keep them rather "hidden"...  That's kind of difficult, and considering they look pretty snazzy, Patty's definitely smart enough to figure out that they must've cost a nice chunk of coin.  So caution and stealth is the word for me in pursuing these...  ;)

They'll definitely present some display problems as the line continues to grow too, due to their large size and need for a nice spacious and attractive spot to display them all in.  Can't shove these things together like Unleashed, Kubricks, or regular figures, ya' know...?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 4, 2005, 03:31 AM »
I see that Wal-Mart is carrying the Millennium Falcon, priced at $297.63.

Limited Edition Collector's Replica: Millennium Falcon

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 4, 2005, 03:45 AM »
Yup! Heard about that. I don't think WM got more than a couple hundred though.

Also, it looks like the AT-ST is now down to under 200 pieces left, so those who are on the fence may want to make a decision soon. Mine shipped on the 1st and could be here by tomorrow...can't wait! :D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: June 4, 2005, 03:46 AM »
I actually saw one of those AT a Walmart last weekend, but IIRC, it was "only" about $250 (no display case), so I have no idea why they're charging that much more online (no display case either).  The one in the store came in a real fancy black Code 3 box.  Are they all like that?  I still haven't opened mine from a year or two ago yet, since I'm afraid Patty will kill me if she sees it!  :-[

Speaking of which, she was with me at WM when I saw it, and as soon as she saw it, she said "don't even think about it" in a very stern voice.  Ha.  If she only knew...   :P

Also, it looks like the AT-ST is now down to under 200 pieces left, so those who are on the fence may want to make a decision soon.

****.  Was the edition size a lot smaller than the older ones M-R, or are they just selling that much better now?  I'm assuming the former.  Damn, I'm gonna have to figure out what I'm gonna do here.  How's the status of the Slave 1 these days?
« Last Edit: June 4, 2005, 03:49 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 4, 2005, 03:52 AM »
The one in the store came in a real fancy black Code 3 box.  Are they all like that?  

My Falcon is like that and I presume the other's will be the same.

Now with Wally carrying Code 3 stuff, is there a good chance that this stuff may not move and will go on clearance? Maybe theres a chance Wally will carry more Code 3 stuff.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 4, 2005, 04:19 AM »
I think it's possible with any product that they carry. ;) :)