Author Topic: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles  (Read 59918 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Code 3 Collectibles - Millenium Falcon... and X-Wing!
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2003, 09:26 PM »
Im not too heartbroken over not getting it, unless they become part of the standard line.

Those kind of things make good exclusives, not part of the line, but go nicely with the product.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2003, 03:22 AM »
The crystal block thing is pretty tiny.  I'd say maybe 3" per side, no more than 4", possibly as little as 2".  How's that for a vague answer?!  I'll give it a measure when I get back home...

OK, I finally opened up my little crystal block thingee, and gave it a good measuring.  Maybe I didn't see the actual item in San Diego, or perhaps my memory is just seriously hazy at the ripe ol' age of 32, but I was a tad off...

First you have the nice white cardboard Code 3 box on the outside (taped shut), which is 4" per side.  Inside of that you've got a sexy little 3" black "jewelry box" with Star Wars emblazened in attractive gold lettering on the top (yeah, I said sexy to describe a box - so what!  :-*).  Inside the nice jewelry box with a "satin/silk" lining, sits the crystal cube itself.  This thing is much smaller than I thought - coming in at only 1.5" on each side.  So there ya' go!

One of the corners of the cube has been leveled off, so it can rest upright on it's "corner".  The Millenium Falcon in the inside of the cube is very cool - kind of a crystalized, 3-D "dot matrix" outlining of the Falcon itself - from every angle (w/ the landing gears DOWN for some odd reason).  Very sleek little piece, though my Millenium Falcon is rather off center from the middle of the cube.  I'll have to find out if that's normal or not...  Star Wars is also written on the cube as well.

Guess that's it in a nutshell.  Fun little collectible!  Just wish everyone could have a shot at getting one of these...   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2003, 12:17 PM »
Well you can now order this Falcon from the site. Though there are questions being ask as to why we have not received an email on the Pre-order & that where did the free stuff go that they offered with the Pre-order.
There are discussions over at RS on this.

Code 3 Falcon FULL SHOTS!

According to my email when I made my Pre-order, they said "You will receive an order confirmation before the release of the Millennium Falcon. Your model of the Millennium Falcon will ship in September of 2003".

I sent an email to Code 3 & asked them what is going on & if we will receive an email from them or if we have to order online & about the free goodies.

I will keep you all posted when I hear back from them.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2003, 01:49 PM »
It looks like that they will send out an email to those who Pre-ordered shortly. It also sounds like they will be numbered.

Code 3 Falcon - able to order today

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2003, 04:13 PM »
Here's the Code 3 Falcon sign up page, for anyone who may be interested, but still hasn't quite jumped in yet...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2003, 04:31 PM »
Would someone please refresh my memory as to what the originally slated "freebies" were going to be for those who signed up on the pre-order list 3 months ago?  I don't seem to recall what they were anymore at this point...

Were they just the following items, or are these standard features for everyone?
- a custom display base
- a specialized tool for assistance in removing and replacing parts
- a Certificate of Authenticity
- a free Rebel Alliance collector's patch
- a complimentary acrylic cover (a $40 value)
- a free lifetime membership in the Code 3 Collectors Guild

BTW, I'm getting a free case for the upcoming X-Wing for siging up down at the Comic Con as well.  Is that another Comic Con exclusive freebie, or is everyone getting that too?

Also, I think I now have a peeve with this ship.  The cockpit chairs are a "beige" color.  Weren't they black in the movies?!?  If so, that's a pretty bad oversight on Code 3's part...   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2003, 09:56 PM »
I received an answer back from Code 3 & they said that a separate email will be sent shortly for those who did the Pre-order.

I can't remember ethier what the goodies are but those you mentioned Matt does ring a bell. Hopefully the email they send will have it mentioned.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2003, 02:24 AM »
I shot the Code 3 folks a message as well, and asked if I'd still be receiving the originally offered "freebies" from 3 months ago for the people who pre-ordered, and they got right back to me and said most definitely.  Neither of us said what they were, but whatever it is, they're still coming...

I know I've got a print out somewhere from back when I first signed up, so if I can dig it up during the move I'll be able to figure out just what those damned freebies were!  I'll chime in if/when I find them...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2003, 03:14 PM »
I just received an email from Code 3 on my Pre-order.
As follows:

You have placed a reservation for the Millennium Falcon. Congratulations on taking advantage of our introductory offer on this stunning piece of precision die cast.
In order to guarantee that you will receive this model of the Millennium Falcon, and the benefits of this amazing introductory offer, we need to receive payment information from you by August 15, 2003. Click here to go to the shopping cart area of the code3.net/starwars site and process your payment information for your model. Do not delay. Do not risk losing out on all the great benefits you are eligible to receive.

Included with your order:

Precision die cast model of the Millennium Falcon (from Episode IV: A New Hope)
Custom Resin Display Base with glass top and pewter plaque
Rebel Alliance Patch
Certificate of Authenticity
Tool box to hold removable panels and specialized tool
Specialized magnetic tool to remove and replace removable panels from your model
FREE acrylic case (if payment is received by 8/15/03)
Included in the Introductory Offer:

Free acrylic cover at time of purchase. ($50 Value)
Charter membership of the Code 3 Collectors Guild.
CHARTER MEMBER Collectors Guild card
Lifetime membership
Free acrylic cases on all Star Wars releases purchased in 2003
Pre-release ordering privileges on new models
Access to the Code 3 Collectibles Star Wars workshop area of our site. Here we show photos of the development and production process before we release new models.
$50 off the purchase of the die cast replica of the Skywalker Ranch™ Pierce Dash Pumper.
You will be the first to receive news and information on upcoming releases.
10% off your second purchase with Code 3 Collectibles.
Unparalleled customer service.
Money back guarantee. You can return your replica for any reason and receive a complete refund (including shipping and handling) within 90 days of receipt.
If we do not receive payment by August 15, 2003 we can not guarantee your model and you will no longer be eligible for the many benefits of our introductory offer.

Thank you for being a Code 3 Collector.

So there you have it. I must go & clicky on the Click here!  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2003, 05:23 PM »
That's awesome news Dale!  Once you get it you'll have to do a review on it.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2003, 03:26 AM »
Looking forward to it.  8)  It will be a nice addition to the collection & I just hope I don't get nailed to much on customs. I'm sure Matt & I will have lots to say about it when we get the Falcon.  ;) I will have to take lots of pictures off it too.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2003, 03:21 PM »
Included in the Introductory Offer:

Free acrylic cover at time of purchase. ($50 Value)
Charter membership of the Code 3 Collectors Guild.
CHARTER MEMBER Collectors Guild card
Lifetime membership
Free acrylic cases on all Star Wars releases purchased in 2003
Pre-release ordering privileges on new models
Access to the Code 3 Collectibles Star Wars workshop area of our site. Here we show photos of the development and production process before we release new models.
$50 off the purchase of the die cast replica of the Skywalker Ranch™ Pierce Dash Pumper.
You will be the first to receive news and information on upcoming releases.
10% off your second purchase with Code 3 Collectibles.
Unparalleled customer service.
Money back guarantee. You can return your replica for any reason and receive a complete refund (including shipping and handling) within 90 days of receipt.

That figures...  I finally dig up my old paperwork on the Falcon pre-order, and am all excited to remind everybody of the goodies we get for signing up early, but I see Dale's already beaten me to the punch.  D'oh!  My favorite part is the 10% off on the X-Wing purchase.  That should amount to another $25 - $30 off, so that's cool!

Interesting to see that the value of their acrylic cover has gone up $10 though, from $40 on my paperwork to $50 now...   ???  Good to see that everyone gets the free covers for the X-Wing as well (that's the only other 2003 ship per Code 3 reps), and that it wasn't just a Comic Con exclusive.  Can't wait!

So what's up after the X-Wing, do you think?  I'd have to say a TIE of some sort, either standard issue or Vader's.  Then the AT-AT.  If they start hitting up any of the Prequel vehicles, I'll most likely be passing on those, since I'm OT only for most of the stuff outside of the 4" line...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2003, 02:12 AM »
So like have you heard anything more on this Matt? They should be shipping soon, I hope!  :-\

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2003, 10:56 AM »
They should start shipping this week! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2003, 05:49 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Code 3 today about my order.  Just confirming it and all, but no mention that "it was actually ready and available for pickup".  I can only assume that's what they were suggesting though.   :-\

I shot 'em a reply e-mail asking just that, so I'll let you know what they have to say when I hear back...