Author Topic: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles  (Read 59776 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Code 3: Millenium Falcon, X-Wing... Slave 1!
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Just got an email from Code 3 on the Slave 1.

You can own the distinctive Slave I
You can own Boba Fett's distinctive starship Slave I from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back . This exotic weathered starship is full of surprises, just like its owner. You can open panels with your specialized magnetic tool to expose the stolen military secret sensor jamming unit, the virtually inescapable tractor beam generator, the robust engines, target scanner systems and the concealed proton torpedoes. Slave I 's cockpit rotates as it goes from flight mode, in a vertical attitude, to a landing position with its engines down. You can also rotate Slave I 's wings and short range twin blaster cannons . With your model of the deadly Slave I, you also receive a customized display stand and base, Boba Fett's bounty hunter patch , a specialized magnetic tool, limited edition certificate and an added bonus Han Solo encased in carbonite .

#15005 Boba Fett's Slave I
Pre-Order Date: Still to Be Announced
Limited Edition: 5,000 World Wide
Version: Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
Weight: Over 17 lbs with base
Scale: 1:65
Release Date: April
Material: Die-cast Metal
Price: $295 (5 payments of $59 each*)

Special edition Slave I signed by Jeremy Bulloch
Own one of only 500, world wide , signed by Boba Fett actor Jeremy Bulloch. This special signed edition comes with a customized display stand and base, Boba Fett's bounty hunter patch, a specialized magnetic tool, limited edition certificate, Han Solo encased in carbonite and a bonus acrylic case (a $50 value) .

#15024 Boba Fett's Slave I
Pre-Order Date: Still to Be Announced
Limited Edition: 500 World Wide
Version: Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
Weight: Over 17 lbs with base
Scale: 1:65
Release Date: April
Material: Die-cast Metal
Price: $495 (5 payments of $99 each*)

Pre-Order Dates Coming Soon!

First Photos - Slave I

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
A report from GH that Code 3 has the Republic Gunship & a 18" AT-AT Imperial Walker on tap!

Code 3: Republic Gunship &  AT-AT Imperial Walker

I have to see pictures of the AT-AT Walker!  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
They've got the Gunship confirmed, and on some posters at their booth.  I asked them if the rumors on the AT-AT and Y-Wing were true for the next ones, and their rep said the rumors might be fairly accurate (with a wink).

I told them to knock it off with the Prequel ships though...   ;)

But seeing the X-Wing again, and now the Slave 1, I'm getting real tempted to delve back into these.  They looked sweet!  The price still sucks though, of course...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 07:52 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
I heard the same thing about the AT-AT some months ago.  It's very surprising though, since Master Replicas also has THEIR AT-AT.  Did someone at Lucasfilm Licensing just have a brainfart in this instance?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2004, 02:17 AM »
Not sure if anyone's noticed the scoop on the main page here yet, but Code 3 just announced their ships for next year, and they include the AT-AT, Vader's Tie, and the AT-ST.  Cool, all Original Trilogy stuff.

Still planning on delving back into this line at some point, despite everyone's complaints about it (mostly price point).  I just love me some diecast vehicles, dammit!

Anyone else still rollin' with this line, or what?!

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2004, 02:31 AM »
I only have Slave 1, but I plan on playing catch-up with the Falcon and X-Wing and then buying the OT vehicles planned for 2005. The AT-ST sounds awesome!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Anyone else still rollin' with this line, or what?!

I'm hoping to get into this line.  I've been drooling over the X-Wing for months!  Being the subtle guy that I am, I forwarded the website link to my wife by e-mail, just in case she was looking for any ideas for me.  Aren't I helpful?   ;)

I think the Vader's TIE and AT-AT will be incredible.  But I wonder how that AT-AT will compare and compete with the MR one. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 09:54 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2004, 08:33 AM »
Oh I could get the AT-AT & the AT-ST. Just depends on the price.  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Pictures of the Republic Gunship are up at Code 3 & limited to 2500, Guild Member Price: $285, Regular Price: $315. Due for release in February, 2005.

December 27th is the order date. Save that Christams money.  ;)

Check out the pictures here:

First Photos
Republic Gunship

Comes with figures of Clone Troopers & a Yoda.

I would love to get one but I don't have room for this.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Most Code3 collectors have wanted some figured added in for a while now - at least pilot figures, like an X-Wing Luke and Boba Fett anyway.  I do like that they've apparently made the figures with the Gunship removable though (at least the Yoda and Clones on the platform portion).  That way you can display it whichever way you like it - with, or without, any figures.

I have to wonder if they might go back now and make a couple figures for their 3 earlier vehicles.  Seems like the intelligent thing to do, if you asked me...  Sell them on their site for $5 - $10 each, or whatever.  I'd buy 'em.  Of course, I'd have to actually buy the X-Wing and Slave 1 first though...   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2004, 02:01 PM »
I have to wonder if they might go back now and make a couple figures for their 3 earlier vehicles.  Seems like the intelligent thing to do, if you asked me...  Sell them on their site for $5 - $10 each, or whatever.  I'd buy 'em.  Of course, I'd have to actually buy the X-Wing and Slave 1 first though...   ::)

You & me both!  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2004, 06:19 PM »
Wow.  Code 3 continues to amaze me with these.  I think the figures are a neat idea, but if I do ever get it (I hear you Matt and Dale), I'd probably display it without the figures.  I don't know, they almost seem to distract your eye from the ship.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Well, the thing is Jesse, these ships can be displayed in "flight" or standard "landing" mode.  So for the ship just sitting there on the ground, I'd agree with you - no figures would be better.

But if you're displaying them in flight mode (the X-wing and Slave 1 in particular), they just look kinda funny without a pilot at the helm - like there's an invisible person in there flying the ship, or something...

That's kinda why I like the idea of having the figures be removable, like what appears to be the case with the Gunship.  You can have it either way.

I've chatted with the Code 3 reps at Comic Con a couple times now, and they definitely wanted to include figures with their ships all along, but there were licensing restrictions that kept them from doing so (only certain companies were permitted/licensed to do do that).  They said they were going to keep trying to get licensing rights for mini figures for their ships, so it looks like that's finally been granted to them.  I'd be willing to bet they'll eventually put out a couple older figures (Pilot Luke and Boba Fett) for sale for folks to include with their earlier ships.  Hope so, 'cause like I said, in flight mode somebody's gotta be in the cockpit, right?!   ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2004, 12:44 AM »
Hmmm... You know, I've never really thought about landed vs flight mode.  Very interesting.  I see now what you mean, if the ship is in action, it only makes sense to have someone piloting it.

In the past, I was never really excited about the Gunship, even how it looked in the movie.  But now that I've seen it in this form, I've really grown to like how they look.  Nice:

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 1, 2005, 09:55 PM »
Received an email from Code 3 on the AT-ST. Limited to 1500, to be released in May. Guild Price: $295, Regular Price: $325.

New Photo's of the AT-ST