Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 470939 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOM UPDATE - ASSASSINS OF EVIL PREVIEW
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2005, 03:46 PM »
What are you needing help with on a neck peg?  I'll try and help ya.

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2005, 07:37 PM »
So, when can we expect Assassins to be posted? I'm all giddy with excitment!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Dan told me he'd most likely post something on it before he left for Toy Fair... hopefully Friday!  Which is tomorrow! 

Actually, Angry Ewok is working on revamping the photonovels a bit.  As you can tell, my technical skills suck (but I think they've gotten much better on the last two that I did).  There's not a specific timeline yet, but if all goes well he'll have them up on this site somewhere down the road, and they will be much better.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to it.  That's what makes me want to make the photonovels - to help get and keep people excited about customizing and the Expanded Universe.  Seeing other people's work always has and still does excite me.   ;)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2005, 11:40 PM »
I didn't really say much on the last batch, I was in a little hurry at the time.

As I said before, I love that falleen. They're just a cool species, and not seen much as customs or in books and comics. probably seen less than givins and yuzzem are.
I still have a djas phur around, i was never sure what to do with it. I wanted to use his leg holsters for a villie grahrk, but went more basic on that custom due to laziness.
I'm pretty inspired to use the body, just gotta think something up.

Graga is a nice one too, I now see where the rest of pote snitkin went. Hehe. I think it was one of the first aliens to be shown in random photos before episode 1 came out. and since then I always liked it in the movies. Your custom of it is pretty sweet.

the Gammoreans don't look too different to me. Just a little drybrushing and silver maybe. What exactly did you do to them?

Lastly I like that Han a lot more with brown pants. I skipped that figure, Even when I saw it wal-mart for 3 bucks, but the brown pants does make the difference. I guess it's due to all the ANH Hans they have made over time. and less of the ROTJ variety.
Its like tatooine luke. Would you rather have one of them or a jedi Luke...minus hump..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2005, 11:32 AM »
Yeah, there's just not enought Falleen in Star Wars it seems... I would really have liked to see one of them somewhere in the prequels, maybe as a Separatist leader or something.

The Graga was a lot of fun to make, she turned out better than I expected.  Not film accurate, but oh well.

For the Gamorreans, all I did was a lot of repainting.  I wanted some variety to them as far as paint scheme goes.  I figure they just needed a bit of different skikn tones and different levels of weathering on their clothes and armor.

You never got a VOTC Han Dimetrodon?  Do you want me to get one for you?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Chewie, any way you could email me a shot of that bounty hunter with the royal guard helmet attached? I'd like to get a better look at him. I can post it here too if you'd like. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Sure, I took a few more pics tonight.  Sent both you and dimetrodon a few different ones.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2005, 10:07 AM »

Commander Rykrof Enloe of the Clone Army

Cool custom. Just a heaad swap, I assume?

Cool Madolorian type fellah. Bounty Hunter, says CHEWIE. Those are an ARC roopers legs, yeah? Royal Guard Helmet. Heck, that's the ARC body isn't it?

Kevin

Awsome! ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Yup, just an ARC Trooper with a Royal Guard head, and a lot of dry brushing.  Another rush job for a photonovel.   :)

The Rykrof is just a head swap, but it was a pain to do since the SA Clone's neck peg is like a rock.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2005, 10:44 AM »
How long of a boil job did that take?

And your just mercilesly boiling SA clones, while some of us didn't find any? :-X You're a monster. ;)

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I'll usually let a figure sit in boiling water for several minutes, then take it out with a pair of tongs, wrap in it a towel to make sure it's dry, then rip off whatever appendage.  If it doesn't come off easily, I'll throw it back in the water if needed.

Let's see, I have around 20 SA clones I think.  The Walmarts in my area got in huge quantities of them, I probably could have gotten at least 20-25 more.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2005, 11:19 AM »
I'll usually let a figure sit in boiling water for several minutes, then take it out with a pair of tongs, wrap in it a towel to make sure it's dry, then rip off whatever appendage.  If it doesn't come off easily, I'll throw it back in the water if needed.

Let's see, I have around 20 SA clones I think.  The Walmarts in my area got in huge quantities of them, I probably could have gotten at least 20-25 more.

Are they still there? :o

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2005, 11:50 AM »
No... unfortunately not.  I don't see why Hasbro made this figure in such small quantities.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2005, 01:44 PM »
I could have gottent he Han dozens of times, I just never chose to you. I have too many of him already. hehe.

I'm liking this skiff guard, we could have used more/new ones. but all they did was the everlasting repacks. not that it isn't a retooled nikto, but hey, its wonders over the crap hasbro would have given us.
All New Nikto, with umm Orange hand variation!!!   yay hasbro!!
lol

Robots are always hella cool, but you know i think that. I like its many legs, much more unique than a biped. The main cannon part is unfamiliar too me, but also not at the same time.

The two commoner pilots are nice too. One of them I'll guess is not a SW figure, hehe. Looks like one of those chap mei spcae things maybe. and thats pretty good use of a duros for the other guy. I have no idea where you got that head, or helmet though. very interesting to the normal junk we see scrapped onto customs. (god knows how many ponda babas i've tortured)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 01:53 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Thanks for hosting them dimetrodon.

I don't know where that cannon came from, I had two of them in a custom fodder box so decided it was time to use them for something.  ;)

For the pilots, the guy on the left I found at a toy show for a dollar.  And repainted him.

The other one is a Duros body with a Mas Amedda head and a GI Joe helmet that came with some figure that came with a mini tank.