Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472135 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 12.08.05
« Reply #1335 on: December 8, 2005, 03:55 PM »
(as an aside, since I'm sure you've addressed this before, is it Rike-roff, Rick-roff, Rike-ruv, Rick-ruv? How do I actually say Rykrof?)

I pronounce it Rike-roff. But that is just me. I have a tendency to pronounce SW names however I want to. Like Tycho Celchu from Rogue Squadron, I pronounce it Kell-Chew because I like how that sounds better. When another character talks to him and sshortens his last name they say Sell-Chew. It is just a matter of personal prefrence really.

As for the figure itself, I am blown away. It looks absolutely outstanding. I am definitely going to have to find some of those Bust-Ups. That outfit is really bad-ass. I don't know if I just missed earlier or if you just added it, but I really like the white stripe on the kama. I was going to suggest something like that, but I see your are already on top of it. ;)

The clone is excellent as well, I take it he will serve with Rykrof? Really the only thing that would make him and Rykrof any better IMO would be the addition of the elbow pads. It really isn't as tough as it sounds and I'm sure you could do it wonderfully. You could try making a second version of that clone and practicin g on him first then going back to the others if you like the method and think you can duplicate it.

The Emperor turned out excellent as well. I had the same hesitation as In Rem when it came to using that head. It always does seem a little big. If I look at that long enough I start to get that impression, but I think you did a very good job disguising that. The mixture of parts on the body turned out to be a good one. Is that the ROTS Chancellor Palpy sleeves with the ROTS Emperor body? I do have one suggestion, I think I'd sand down the sleeves so they don't still have the Reptilian look, and they look more like the robe. Otherwise I think there may be a few too many textures meaning he'd have several layers on.
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 8, 2005, 07:14 PM »
 :o

AMAZING! That's all I can say about the recent updates. The Clones are great, and I love the Palpatine, but the RE is FANTASTIC! What parts did you use to make him?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 8, 2005, 09:35 PM »
It's a commander Dav'sa! :P

Awesome job on the rykof and commander Soiku. I love the character designs and how you melded how the jedi general look when they wear the armour in with imperial jumpsuits. genious!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 8, 2005, 10:00 PM »
TRISEK-Awsome, though I did dig the red version more, he looks very villainous. Now maybe you could paint over the holdsters, so that strange black mark isn't present on him? :)

MARLIS-I'm a fan of new female figures. Great choice on the blaster. Will we see other versions of her?

ALPHA-I'm such a fan of this clone, and what you did to his paint job. I also love that you kept his Episode 2 themed helmet, sans the visor.  Total bad ass.

FREELO-Looks very confused around all those parts. What I want to know is why the doctors costumes are dirty? Shouldn't they be all clean and sparkly?

ANAKIN-You made the negative of the version of the Anakin I'm creating. Very classy though.

TREDWELL MEDIC-I can dig this one. He looks very OT, especialy with that grey look it has.

GENERAL SHAAK TI-My favorite Clone Armored Jedi of yours to date. She looks absolutley badass, for sure. Nice use of the red/purple paint on her arms. Makes her stand out a bit more.

JUDISS THE TERRORIST-Very plain looking, wich is not nessisarily a bad thing. I know he could pass as a traveling background figure, and that makes him a bit scary. Nice "denim" look on the blue pants he has. Very snazzy.

LABOR DROID-Another snazzy droid. I love what you did with the paint on it. I would have never thought to use the Pilot Cannon for that part. Well done, my friend.

TRENCH TROOPER-Absolutley fantastic. You've inspired me to tackle this guy myself, using the same parts, but with a more 501st themed paint job, and a heavyer custom blaster. :)

RYKROF ENLOE-******* sweet. I'm really impressed by this figure Justin. Hopefully he gets some hardcore action in in that costume, against some filthy Seppies.

SOIKU-If you plan on parting with this guy, PM me. He'd look fabulous fighting along side some clones on my shelf. I'd be very interested in having another CHEWIE origional on my shelf.

PALPATINE-"No. No. NO! *force lightening* Thats MY drink!" Thats what I imagined him doing in that image. Trying to wipe out some one grabbing his soda at an Imperial Gala. His face seems too green, though.

RYKROF V2. Nice use of Palpidious parts for his new look. I can't wait to see what mission he uses these on.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 8, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Wow, I can't remember the last time I had this much feedback!  Each comment and idea is very much appreciated.

Jediknight -  I guess you're referring to the Rykrof w/ the hood?  Yeah, hopefully I can achieve that in the photonovel that he will wear that in.  It's still a ways off though.

blaster_e11 - Interesting that you said that actually.  I've wanted to do a rainy battle scene for a long time.  If I can ever get the logistics figured out digitally and the right environment for it, I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Spuffy - The great thing about that Sidious hood, is that it's just a snap off hood (there is a peg you might want to cut off) but other than that, no dremeling our hollowing out is necessary.  Same fo the poncho.  I say pick a couple of these up and see what you can come up with (it's the same hood an poncho on both Palpatine and Rykrof) - the hood is actually a brownish color at first, so I painted it black and dry brushed w/ gray the little details.

Glassman - I remember about 3 years ago buying 10 Imperial Officers in one day, and passing on about 20 more at different Walmarts.  They hit everywhere at the same time here.  If I had a few more, I'd try and make a squad... and if I had your sculpting talents, I'd probably be able to make a better look to them.

Phruby - I'd love to make a new custom each night, I try and make a few each week.  I always look forward to getting to work, getting a few things done, that coming in here for a few minutes to see what someone thought of my latest update and to see if anyone else added anything too.  I think that I will have quite a few more coming in the next week or so, if all goes according to plan.  The Imperial officer body works so well like you said for different characters, I wish they'd release a 4-pk of these guys for $20.00 - I'd get about 10 sets if I could afford it of course.  Thanks on the Emperor, just a differnet look.  I do plan on making a film accurate one too once I get more bust-up parts, but for now I decided to go with this.  The Rykfrof right now is actually borrowing Palaptine's accessories - it's the same Rykrof as earlier, except for different thighs that I swithed out the the Commander Soiku guy.  And I would be more than honored if you wanted to make your own Rykrof figure.  In fact, I thought about asking if anyone wanted to make that a Customizing Challenge, but wasn't sure what people would think about that.  Let me see - I've made quite a few versions of Rykrof now, maybe 6 versions now?  Or a few more maybe.

In Rem - So you like the Ryfrof figure, good!  It's almost two figures in one in a way.  For the Typho head, it was just out of convenience really... my clone heads were all in a box, and I didn't feel like digging to get to them.  Been needing to use the Typho for something, and it seemed to work ok.  The helmet's big, maybe a shoulder pad would offset it a bit?  On Palpatine, I'm not 100% satisfied with it, so yet another version is on the way.  What you see for Rykrof here is most likely a future outfit near the end of the Clone Wars - but I might have him wear it sooner.  It's my favorite outfit too, and I don't think I'll be able to top it.  I got very lucky with how it turned out.  To pronounce Rykrof's name, it is supposed to be (at least to me) as 'Rie-Krof' - hope that clears that up, but however anyone wants to pronounce is fine with me.  I've seen people spell it several different ways too, and even seen them call him Ralbarr.

Ryan - The kama is actully from the silver ROTS clone, so I didn't have to paint the stripe.  I did have to sand the hell down on the Imperial officer belt area though to make the waist smaller to get it to fit right, and he does have a secondary belt that I'll add a pic onto later.  I might try those elbow pads out... but as for the use of the Soiku figure, I just haven't decided yet.  I might add him, might not.  Do people want me to add him to the series, or leave this as a unique look for Rykrof?  Those elbow things, I might give it a whirl.  If so, expect a lengthy PM!  So you think the head is a bit big on the Palpatine?  I don't think it is in person (but the Anakin definitely is) but you could be right.  The sleeves really are just a cheap copout on my part.  Expect a much better version of him soon.

Diddly - Thanks for the nice things you said.  The Rykrof is made from the following parts and this is the procedure how I did it.

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
torso - SAGA Imperial Officer
biceps - SAGA Imperial Officer
thighs - SAGA TIE Pilot (first version but switched to Imperial Officer in an experiment that worked)
forearms - ROTS SA Clone
shins - ROTS SA Clone
kama - ROTS Evolutions Gray Clone
hood - Bust Up Sidious w/ lightsaber
poncho - Bust Up Sidious w/ lightsaber

( 1 ) Dissamble all the parts with the boil-n-pop method.

( 2 ) Cut the officer legs off at the knee while they are still warm (easier to cut).

( 3 ) Drill a hole in the left elbow area of the officer arm after cutting off the peg here.

( 4 ) Insert both Clone forearms into the holes on the officer elbows (now you have ball joints here)

( 5 ) Drill a "crater" in the bottom of the cut off knee section of the legs of the officer - like a bowl shape for a round joint to fit into (like a real shoulder socket).

( 6 ) Drill even deeper, one straight deep tunnel for the "peg" of the ball joint to lock into.

( 7 ) Snap in both shins, should have ball jointed knees now.

( 8 ) Smooth down the belt on the officer a LOT - use a dremel probably here like before for the drilling parts.

( 9 ) Add on the kama, paint as desired!

Hopefully that is helpful, similar design for the Soiku figure too.

Perennial - Thanks, that idea just came to me - since the Jedi look so cool like this, why can't Rykrof!

Famine - First of all, sorry I was unable to chat the other night - had to order a new cell phone, long story but I'll tell you about it a bit later.  Thanks for all the comments, on Freelo, I wasn't going for a dirty look but more of a "worn" look - I guess I need to clean those up a bit.  And there's more scientists that we'll see in the lab too.  Can't wait to see your Anakin.  And Rykrof will see a hell of a lot of action in the coming months when the Clone Wars really get down and dirty.  On the Soiku, I need to think about it a bit.  I came close to putting him on ebay last night but held off, I don't want to be looked at as trying to make money off of these, but I definitely do need to cover my expenses - that figure would run me about $20.00 in parts to replicate plus a couple hours to make.  I know that's kinda high to some people.  So I don't know what's fair and what's not, which is why I had considered letting someone bid on it to determine that.  But I'll chat with you about that before I'd consider doing that.  Doing the ebay thing on customizing rarely is my thing, but this is a damn expensive month...

Thanks for all the comments guys, I do appreciate them.  No update tonight, unless I can't sleep and start to work on something.   ;)

:P

« Last Edit: December 9, 2005, 12:02 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1340 on: December 9, 2005, 03:11 AM »
Wow Chewie you are amazing mate your custom's are always a pleasure to look at and they always give me inspiration to keep comming up with something new different TWO THUMBS MATE.

rON

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 9, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Thanks for that long reply/tutorial, CHEWIE! I can't wait to see that Rykrof in action. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15 PM »
No problem Diddly.  And I should have at least 3 new customs up tonight, I'll post recipes on them.

And work on the Rykrof Enloe series will start back up this week too!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 11, 2005, 10:29 PM »
Alright, lets see them then! ;)

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 11, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Working on it!  Taking a couple minutes break to see if anything's happening here, then going to finish up one more, and will take/upload pics tonight.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 11, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Working on it!  Taking a couple minutes break to see if anything's happening here, then going to finish up one more, and will take/upload pics tonight.   :)

Looking forward to seeing them.

I think I'll have to catch them in the morning, as I've had an exhausting weekend, and I'm going to try and get some sleep.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 12, 2005, 12:38 AM »
I have to hit the sack here in a minute too, but here's the update to start the week - probably will be light on customs for a bit because of the new photnovel.

BADOO CORBA EXECUTION TERRORIST

YAM'RII SHOPKEEPER w/ WORKER DROID

DARK JEDI

JOSSER ENLOE (Rykrof's father)

RYKROF ENLOE (smuggler gear)

That's it, if anyone wants a recipe or anything let know or I'll probably post them tomorrow.  I'm tired and have to get to sleep right now.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 12:57 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 12.12.05
« Reply #1347 on: December 12, 2005, 01:30 AM »
I was just thinking a few hours ago while re-reading #s 12-16, Rykrof doesn't have any clothes. He just wears his uniforms :). Likin' Josser a lot...still trying to figure out where this story is going. ;)

EDIT: Where did the head from the Dark Jedi come from? I've been trying to find a bald head for a custom of this Jedi from CW Volume 2 and that's perfect.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:32 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1348 on: December 12, 2005, 04:23 AM »
nice use of the cobra hooded head  8)
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1349 on: December 12, 2005, 08:13 AM »
Another great set of customs.

BADOO CORBA EXECUTION TERRORIST - A great idea for an exectioner.  I can really feel that he is about to behead someone.  Although I'm not a big fan of that Cobra Commander head in general.  Never liked that version of CC.  Have you seen the latest version of CC with the removable helmet and hood?  I think that hood might work for this figure as well.

DARK JEDI - I really like this figure.  He has a very Darth Sion (KOTOR 2) feel to him.  He looks very big and imposing.  Is the upper torso from the wrestling figures from Dollar General?

JOSSER ENLOE (Rykrof's father) - Great paint apps on this one.  The detail on the vest looks great.

RYKROF ENLOE (smuggler gear) - Another great renditionof Rykrof.  It's good to see him in some non-military garb. 

Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.