Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 473870 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 12.12.05
« Reply #1350 on: December 12, 2005, 09:55 AM »
B.C. Terrorist - Maybe I'm too much of a Joe fan, but he looks a heck of a lot like Cobra Commander to me. The uniform has a very official look to it, even with the more monotone color scheme. I really like the concept here - a hooded executioner. It makes the B.C. seem more deadly and dangerous than I'd considered them before (even with the Coruscant bombing). Perhaps this head on a more thuggish body? I don't know. If you called him Cobra Commander and posted him to JoeCustoms I'd be in absolute awe; as an executioner, I can't get past the Cobra Commander thing :)

(In other words, since I'm doing such a poor job this morning, I love the custom, just not the universe he's in or the role he's playing)

The shopkeeper and worker droid are great on several levels. First, I like to see these very distinctive aliens put into more common roles. It "humanizes" them, for lack of a better term. I also like that you chose a droid with similar anatomy; it suggests to me this droid was build in the image of its master(s). I like it very much.

That Dark Jedi is a freakish mutant (and that's a compliment!) I'd love to see him in a scrap with a female Jedi like Secura, just for the sake of juxtaposition of approximately equal power in two very different packages.

Great use of subtle detail to make sure we don't think Dodonna when we see the elder Mr. Enloe in the PN. And the parts choice here is nothing short of brilliant. He looks very much like a great production figure; a testament to how cleanly you've executed the paint work here.

Dengar gloves on R.E! That alone seals the deal for me on this being a great Rykrof, but the other details work well here,too. Coordinating the gloves, boots and shirt gives this look an iconic feel. The use of two blasters - especially the rebel blaster - gives him a nice rogue edge. I really, really like this one, CHEWIE. Nice work!

All around nice work, CHEWIE. Keep it up!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 12.12.05
« Reply #1351 on: December 12, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

BADOO CORBA EXECUTIONIST

Not sure if I like the hood either guys.  So I might make some changes to him... Instead of Cobra Commander, maybe he's Corba Commander... cheesy I know.  The parts were -

head - Cobra Commander
torso - Lt. Faytonni
arms - Lt. Faytonni
legs - Elan Sleazebaganno

YAM'RII SHOPKEEPER w/ WORKER DROID

Yeah, I made the droid a few months back to resemble the species, finally udpated a Kitik figure too.  Kinda like it, even though it's essentially just a repaint.  Just an added belt after removing the skirt thing.

DARK JEDI

This one was hard to do.  Had to find a pair of legs that seemed to work, which was hard.  Then piecing them together was difficult, and the paint wasn't easy either.  Had to make a custom lightsaber too that had a thick enough handle for him to hold. 

head - Dollar Tree figure
torso - Dollar Tree figure
arms - Dollar Tree figure
legs - Evolutions Dooku
belt - some Anakin figure
lightsaber - pieced together from an IG-88 arm and a Maul lighsaber

JOSSER ENLOE (Rykrof's father)

I like Josser Enloe quite a bit, been wanting to create the character for a while, then finally found what seemed like good parts.  They just never make Naboo citizen types, so this was a kind of hard custom to pull off.  One of the more difficult ones for me in a while as the shoulder are of the torso made only very small arms want to attach to it, so I had to cut and reshape it a bit to get the Lobot arms to work.

head - Jan Dodonna
torso - Elan Sleazebaggano
arms - OTC Lobot
legs - Lt. Faytonni

RYKROF ENLOE (smuggler gear)

What a fun figure this was to make.  I've been wanting to make a non-military outfit of him for a long time.  The only one I did before was a casual outfit in the 6th photonovel, ASSASSINS OF EVIL where he was back on Naboo for a while.  I am so happy with this turned out, and the boot detail I'm actually kind of proud of.

head - Endor Rebel
torso - VOTC Han Solo
arms - Evolutions Dooku
legs - Lt. Faytonni
gloves - ROTS Clone Pilot
belt - two pieces, from VOTC Han and another random belt (the second blaster clips to his belt)

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1352 on: December 12, 2005, 01:08 PM »
I would have *sworn* those were Dengar gloves on R.E. :)

Goes to show just how much a well-done paint job can change the look of a figure, huh?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 12, 2005, 06:16 PM »
whoa i'm loving that rykrof i'm definately going to half to "borrow" most of that recipe.  is rykrok packin' 3 blasters?  he must be in for one helluva rumble.  as for enloe senior he looks great, but i might go for a grey hair color instead of white just so he looks a little less like dodonna.  as uaual all the others look great.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 12, 2005, 08:40 PM »
BADOO CORBA TERRORCUTIONER- I'd pick a different head for him. I'd go with some sort of mask or helmet, with a built in feature for making the most acurate cuts, or somthing of the sort. ;) Maybe get an Afghanistan forces head for one of the executioners, with the face wrap. That would certainly frighten me. He doesn't say "Nick Berg" (God rest his soul, and damn the murderous bastards who took his life) executioner (quite frightening), and seems more like "Klan Rally" party hat to me (Not so much.). :P I like the rest. Good use on those "Sleezy" legs. I've used quotes far too much in this paragraph.

SHOPKEEPER- I'm a fan of this repaint, for sure.

DARK JEDI- Reminds me of the KOTOR II charachter Ryan mentioned. Good job.

RYKROFS DADDY- Nice use of parts on this figure. I think those Lobot arms are perfect for a Nabooian type look. I think maybe you should color his hair differently, so he stands out more. :)

RYKROF THE SMUGGLER- Wow. I'm impressed at the use of the different blasters he's packing. If only hasbro gave us another holster to work with, instead of just Djass Phurs and Hans. I like what you did with the coloring on the boots. You should be proud of this figure.

Kevin

P.S. You and me need to talk ideas.
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1355 on: December 12, 2005, 09:10 PM »
man.... that dark jedi blows me away, he looks alot like DarthSion from KOTOR2, if u added a gray wash to him, and added plenty of scars and stitches u could easily get a great figure of sion.  HMMMM the Rykrof in smuggler gear is kinda odd, the build is different than him in officer uniform,  but I think it would make a great disguise for a future novel.

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 13, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Dark Jedi:

Chewie your work is impressive from all that I have seen. So dont take any of my opinion/commentary to heart... but I truely dislike this figure,the proportions are way off,legs and upper torso do not match or go well together,its like Mixing a old toybiz  X-man figure with Star Wars figure or whatever. The scale doesn't match up or blend together well...in fact he looks like an ape,in other words comical.

Other than that you did great with the painting.

Your other new customs are nice!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 13, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Vorax, maybe I should post another pic or two of him that show a better frontal body shot.  It looks a bit better in I think in person.  I might do a bit more looking, but I don't know of any other legs that would even come close to matching the large proportions of the upper body (other than the ones that came with it, but they have no articulation at all, kind of like the Meena Tills legs as they are just one solid piece).

Famine, I might pick a different head for the executioner.  It is pretty recognizable as a Joe head.  So I'll see if I can come up with something else.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1358 on: December 13, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Before you go changing him, CHEWIE, I'd like to chime in and say I really like the disproportionate look. It really sets him off, IMO, and keep him relatively in-scale with the other figs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 13, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Thanks InRem. I was able to get a better pic of him, with a Rykrof figure for size comparison.  If I don't stick with these legs, I might go with some sort of Vader legs.   Can't really think of much else that I think would work.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 13, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Man, he looks like a serious bad-a$$. That's pretty awesome, CHEWIE. I wouldn't change him.  His hands look a little big, though. Just a thought.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 14, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Chewie,in that new shot it does look much better..Though I think with perhaps different  arms ..it could really work alot more.Its to Hulk-Frankensteinish,unless that's the look your going for?!

But its what your satisfied of coarse is all that matters obviously,so no need to alter or be changing anything.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 14, 2005, 01:57 AM »
Thanks - got any suggestions for different arms to use? 

And here's my final update for a bit probably, except for a few preview pics of the next Rykrof Enloe photonovel.

JEDI KNIGHT LYBBA TELLS (for the photonovel series) -

head - POTF2 Ishi Tib
torso - ROTS Agen Kolar
arms - ROTS Agen Kolar
legs - ROTS Agen Kolar
hands - OTC Myo
skirt - SAGA Count Dooku

Her saber is supposed to be orange, not red.

JEDI MASTER KALA MLY SHUNDI (for the photonovel series) -

I decided it was time for a new look for him!  Hope it looks ok, this was a bit more difficult than it looks.

head - SAGA youngling
hood - Bust Up Series 1 Sidious
torso - Evolutions Maul
arms - Evolutions Maul
legs - Evolutions Maul
hands - Evolutions Maul
skirt - Evolutions Maul

And a bit of a spoiler here, so don't scroll down if you don't want to see an spoiler in the Rykrof Enloe series.
PRISONER RYKROF ENLOE - click link for spoiler image

http://chewie34.250free.com/121405Torture.jpg

head - SAGA Endor Troop
torso - SAGA Captain Antilles
arms - OTC Jedi Luke
legs - Evolutions Maul

A true pain in the ass figure to make, but needed to make it for a very important scene.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 10:27 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 12.14.05
« Reply #1363 on: December 14, 2005, 02:13 AM »
these new ones are Aces,very nice!

Chewie as to the question:

I  dont know,without really having that figure in my own hand to get a good reading as to what could work,proportionality  and lookwise ect.

But maybe try the 1994 POTJ Darth Vader's original' arms?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 12.14.05
« Reply #1364 on: December 14, 2005, 09:39 AM »
CHEWIE, just to protect everyone else, you should hide that spoiler behind a link. :)

Now, onto the two Jedi.

Good use of Agens body. I kept looking and looking and looking, and could not figure out what wasn't "right" with it, and then it hit me; the skirt. I wouldn't have thought to use that skirt on Agens body.

I'm not such a fan of this version of Shundi. He just reminds me too much of Darth Maul.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...