Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474646 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 01.18.06
« Reply #1650 on: January 19, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Thanks my friends.  I have some updates for you on the next photonovel, but first I'll reply to some comments.

First off, glad the touchup on the old Fuuda seems ok.

I've just run into the Hoth wave over the last week, and the Rykrof figure is just an idea of what could happen later.  But that is so far off.

So, without further delay here's a sneak preview to the next photonovel.  It will be the "official poster" for it.

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 01.18.06
« Reply #1651 on: January 19, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Btw how long ago did you guys in the states get saga2 hoth?

I picked up the Jabba wave the week before Christmas.  I just got portions of the Hoth wave last week and this week.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 01.19.06
« Reply #1652 on: January 19, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Neat poster, Fudda looks good in there too!

Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 19, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Very scary poster.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1654 on: January 20, 2006, 05:26 AM »
these vibro-blades look terrific !
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1655 on: January 20, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Another great set of customs.  You have to be a machine to produce them in this quanity.

Badoo Corba Executioner - The hood makes all the difference.  Using that CC hood instead of the CC head was a great choice. He looks so much scarier now. 

Counter Terror Unit Trooper  - A nice helmet swap.  Not a big fan of the Bacara figure.  But the helmet on Evo clone works great.  I really like the look on this one.

Alyssa Enloe - Nice to see a new version of her.  This one is my favorite version of her.

Rykrof Enloe (Hoth Gear) - The wash you did on this figure really makes it stand out.  Great job on the face transplant.  My only comment is that maybe the facial hair should have more of a grey tint too to show that  20+ years had past, and maybe his eyebrows as well.

The poster looks good.  Can't wait to see what happens to Rykrof.

Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 22, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Thanks, here is a very minor update for you guys.  Let me know your thoughts.

Bait Puelo - A mercenary who has "borrowed" the armor of a fallen clone trooper.  Will appear in the Rykrof Enloe series.

head - Bith musician
hands - Bith musician
rest - AOTC Clone Evolutions

Kala Mly Shundi - Something happened to my latest version him that had been in the Rykrof Enloe series (I have yet to find him) so I had to make a new version.  This version is a battle gear version.

head - SAGA Jempa
torso - ROTS Royal Guard
arms/hands - ROTS Royal Guard
thighs - ROTS Royal Guard
shins/feet - ROTS AT-RT Driver
hood - ROTS Bust Up Sidious
cloak - GI Joe Swamp Rat

« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:56 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 01.22.06
« Reply #1657 on: January 22, 2006, 09:25 PM »
Wow. BAIT is pretty simple, but it's good to see his species being used in customs.

SHUNDI-Very awsome! I'm truly impressed by this version of him. He definatley looks like a soldier!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 22, 2006, 09:53 PM »
Chewie, both of those are GREAT updates.  I really like Shundi.  I haven't been able to find the time to get to all the photonovels so this Character is brand new to me.  I really really like him.  Can you include the recipe.

Bait is very well detailed.  Your "over"painting on the clone armor is very good.  I need to take a page from you and learn how you add the great weathering details.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 22, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Thanks my friends.   I just updated the original post with recipes.  Sorry I didn't do that before.

Brent, I've found that dry brushing and washes really add a lot to a figure. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 22, 2006, 10:58 PM »
head - SAGA Jempa
torso - ROTS Royal Guard
arms/hands - ROTS Royal Guard
thighs - ROTS Royal Guard
shins/feet - ROTS AT-RT Driver
hood - ROTS Bust Up Sidious
cloak - GI Joe Swamp Rat

Holy Cow.  Thats a lot of Parts.  I haven't used or seen any of the Bust Ups.  It seems that they are the right size for many customs.  Are their parts easily removable?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 22, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Great new updates, Chewie! The Bith Merc looks really cool especially the armor...the maroon was a nioce choice and the weathering looks awesome. He's a nice appetizer for the main course...Kala Mly Shundi! This is one of my favorite customs you've done in a long time...probably my favorite since Battle Gear Rykrof. The parts choices are awesome, and the way you tied it all together with the paint scheme...very well done. I'll confess, the first time I saw Kala in the photonovel, I didn't like him...I didn't think the Jempa head worked. With the last version and now this superior version, he's become one of my favorites.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 23, 2006, 01:36 AM »
Brent, the Bust Ups seem to be good for some fodder, but not all of them.  They are made very differently than Hasbro figures.  I haven't used much other than hoods and a couple of heads from them.  They are easy to disassemble though.

DD, thanks, I've always been a little troubled with Kala's head.  So maybe now with the proper hoods and body proportions, it will fix itself.

Here's a pic of the previous Kala, but with a new hood.  Actually, I had to start a new one here, because the figure from before is missing.  So it was basically a "copy custom" with a new hood.

And here's the new version, without a hood.

And finally, a Wookiee Chieftan.  Just a Heavy Gunner Wookiee w/ accessories.  The cape is from a Predator figure.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.23.06
« Reply #1663 on: January 23, 2006, 05:43 AM »
don't you ever stop chewie ?  ;)

it's great to see how hard you try and manage to populate your dios with cool looking all-new characters.  8)

But it's a pain to see so many clone dismenberred as custom fodders :'(
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.23.06
« Reply #1664 on: January 23, 2006, 04:18 PM »
loving that wookie.  that bith is just crazy awesome.  must be a pain stretching the bodysuit over that melon of his though.  only suggestion would be to change the belt to something a little more original.  there is a BBi, i think, figure that has belt pouches that somewhat resemble the one that of either jango or boba or both i really don't remember.  just a suggestion.  the new Kala is definately my favorite version of him.  the unhooded version reminds my of that last scene in Beattlejuice, when he takes the number from the head shrinker.  is he sportin' a blaster in the hooded version?  i think that makes him a little more rougish from the typical jedi, i like.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge