Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474259 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Monday 04.10.06
« Reply #2085 on: April 10, 2006, 12:25 PM »
You know I dont think the rebel fleet troopers EVER looked so good. Great job on them. I have to admit though the "extreme makeover" that Vator did looks really cool on those.

I like the tunics on the peace officers. I cant wait to see the special editions.

BTW I finally finished the Rykroff I was working on. I liked him in the bounty hunter disguise, but I wanted him to be more of a republic officer. Im going to go ahead and post him in the Rykroff GP thread. Id post him here, but I dont want to cause confusion. ;D

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 10, 2006, 12:49 PM »
I already included these guys in some shots for the reshoot of Crisis on Abridon, but might eventually make alternate versions like the one on the right.  Thanks for that inspiration!

Awesome, I'm glad I could be of service.  :)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 10, 2006, 09:04 PM »
Abridon Survivor- Love the use of the Myo body. Is the vest the new VTSC Han vest? 4/5

Fleet Troopers- I like this idea, non-clone Republic troopers. I love the use of the blue guard rifle. The Dooku torso looks really great too. What head was used for the right trooper? 4/5

Officers Rykrof and Tylin- The melding of the Madine torso and Faytonni limbs is excellent, IMO. 5/5

Imperial Assault Pilots- Although very simple, just a headswap, this is my favorite of the bunch. Looks very Star Warsy. 5/5

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #2088 on: April 10, 2006, 09:23 PM »
Did you just swap heads on the Imperial Assault Pilots?

Ironically, I use Clone pilots as pre-Empire "drivers" of all vehicles.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 10, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Thanks so much my friends.   :)

Ennis - I'm glad you like the new look for Rykrof.  I know that some people don't like the look, but I think it will work out just fine (or at least I hope).  And your new Rykrof was excellent.

Vator - Thanks for the idea, feel free to give me tips anytime on customs or photonoves.   8)

HunterofthePegs - Good to see you in here, thanks for the feedback.  The head on the right trooper is from a fleet trooper from the SAGA line (there were a few head variants on them).

Clone Hunter - Yes, it was a very basic switch (but I did use glue because the pegs were smaller on the clone pilot).

And here's a custom I wish I could take credit for, but I just bought it on ebay.  It will be opened though of course.

:)

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #2090 on: April 10, 2006, 11:58 PM »
gnarly!!!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #2091 on: April 11, 2006, 12:05 AM »
I just caught up on all the controversy.  Not to drag it out again, but it sounds to me like jealousy.  I think a lot of us envy chewie since he is so very talented, but that is very juvenile on that guy's part.  I thought it was in very bad taste.  I wish I had an ounce of chewie's creativity!
Anyways, sorry to bring it up again.  Keep on truckin Justin!  You do us all proud!  :)
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 11, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Rolla, thanks for your support.  I admit I did overreact about it though.  I really don't mind negative feedback at all, I just want to know who it is if someone is going to bash me that hard.  It came from someone though that I have never seen customize a figure or even post in this section, so it's not a big deal.  Just someone who isn't a fan of what I do.  I'm not mad at him for it, to me it's just a difference in opinion. 

Anyways I am completely done with reshooting Crisis on Abridon and will try and get Underground Resistance done this week too.  Then get back to work on #22 in the series.  I think I can get about 2 reshoots done each month.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 11, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Holy **** guys, let it go.  Get over the event, get over yourself.  Kay? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 11, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Holy **** guys, let it go.  Get over the event, get over yourself.  Kay? ::)

Moving on... nothing to see here.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:22 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 11, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Personally I can't wait to see the revised chapters...I'm really looking forward to the Special Editions.

I say let the trolls say whatever they want, there's no point in even addressing anything they say from here on in. As the saying goes, arguing with fools just allows them to drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.  ;D

In any case, I love the new rebel troops, Chewie, very well done.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 11, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Thanks DD, I agree and am done addressing it, I also sent you a PM regarding something else too.   :)

Anyways, I thought I'd share these pics, I made that second hover tank recently for someone else and they took pics (much better than what I can take).  Pretty neat and I like seeing all those different clones.  I'm not sure but I think some of those are customs that he made (LT_BRYLL at Rebelscum).

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 11:05 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 11, 2006, 11:12 PM »
LOVE the outdoor photos.  Digital cameras do so well with outdoor photos.  I'm happy Spring is approaching as I get more of chance to take pictures outdoors!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 11, 2006, 11:41 PM »
After all the hoopla, I don't think I ever commented on the newest customs.... so here goes

Anakin - awesome simple custom.  Isn't it great when a custom doesn't require any cutting, dremmeling, or painting?

Imperial Assault - simple but effective.  I'm trying to envision where in the Rykrof timeline they would exist.

Rebel troopers - I kind of like the rebels as is.  Although I do like the special edition paints.  I'm not sure I'd go with the helmet emblems.

Ran Ceyh - nice update.  I think the "sole patch" is great.  The SW universe is full of all kinds of fashion styles (thanks to the 20+year span of the movies).

I've already commented on the updated Rykrof uniform.  I think its a great update.  I think it works really really well with the arms/legs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 11, 2006, 11:45 PM »
I grew up taking Jurassic Park dioramas outside, so I love outdoor shots.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...