Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474861 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 4.30.06
« Reply #2190 on: May 1, 2006, 05:32 PM »
The Imperial Fire Trooper is my favorite of this bunch. He could almost be a stromtrooper flamethrower. Just add the ep2 Jango Fett fireball to the end of this nozzel.

That jedi Dooku gets me thinking. Wouldn't the prequel trilogy be better if Dooku played the Qui-gon roll in Ep1? We see in ep1 Quigon use the Force in some very questionable manner (influence dice roll, mind trick on Boss Ness) That way, we could see Dooku (quigon) fall to the darkside during some battle withg Obiwan as Anakin watches. Anakin could be watching his own fate unfold as he and Obiwan track down Dooku (quigon) during the Clone Wars in Ep2. Obiwan would have to kill Dooku (quigon) in a simular fashion as he does to Anakin in Ep3.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 4.30.06
« Reply #2191 on: May 2, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Hey thanks guys for all that feedback.  I'm happy to hear it and your suggestions.  There's areas I think I'm good at but always areas where I can learn from others.

Also, Lance Quazar won 1st place at Yakface in naming the series - but I would like to thank everyone who sent in a suggested title for it.  There were more entries than I expected and it was very hard to pick just one of them.   He entered in Soldier of Virtue: The Enloe Chronicles.   Thank you Lance, your custom Rykrof Enloe figure will be completed very soon and sent to you after we decide what design you would like.

And how about a preview to #2 - Underground Resistance.

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 5.02.06
« Reply #2192 on: May 2, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Chewie - thats a great Preview shot.  That is such a cool diorama.  Where did you ever get that head statue?  I'll take a stab and say Owen.  Anyway, awesome updated photo.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: May 2, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Chewie - thats a great Preview shot.  That is such a cool diorama.  Where did you ever get that head statue?  I'll take a stab and say Owen.  Anyway, awesome updated photo.

What are you saying? Chewie isn't talented enought to make that himself?  ;) ;) ;D

Great new sceen Chewie. I like all the background trees and shrubs. This is a scene we don't see much of anymore. I think you said the head comes from Niub Niub.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: May 2, 2006, 10:14 AM »

What are you saying? Chewie isn't talented enought to make that himself?  ;) ;) ;D

Great new sceen Chewie. I like all the background trees and shrubs. This is a scene we don't see much of anymore. I think you said the head comes from Niub Niub.

Good Point Phruby.  No offense please Chewie :)  Its just that most of his background pieces have come Owen  :) :) :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: May 2, 2006, 10:29 AM »
No offense taken, and honestly that's not something I could make in my wildest dreams.  Niub Niub did make that for me, about 6 years ago.  It was the first commission job I ever asked anyone to do.  All I did was paint it.

It's kind of fun going back and redoing these earlier photonovels, not that I think I'm making them great but I think they will be a lot better visually.  Plus like Phruby said, it's fun working on EPI era stuff, which seems to have been so forgotten.

Smarty - you made a comment about Philes Gannor - he is a new character.  The guy on Dathomir (Traedon Cusiro) will be back in the series eventually.

Also, Phruby that is a pretty cool idea about the Dooku-Qui Gon idea.  What if Qui Gon had instead been Dooku, and Dooku killed Maul?  Then fell to the dark side (and we never really saw how it happened).  That could have been awesome.  But I do like Qui Gon too so if that were to have happened, hopefully they would have still found a good role for his character.  As it stands I think he's the best part of TPM.

Brent - I got the Madine yesterday - thanks for sending it so fast, it will come in handy for a custom.   :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: May 3, 2006, 12:15 AM »
Pendragon made this pic... and I just had to share it.  Very funny!

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2197 on: May 3, 2006, 08:25 AM »
nice fire trooper chewie, the face mask is a cool idea

i agree with fellow posters : snodd is awesome
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: May 3, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Ya know what we need is Rykrof t-shirts for Comic-con.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: May 3, 2006, 01:40 PM »
I wish I could go to something like that.  Maybe at yakface I'll offer some sort of Rykrof t-shirts, it would be kind of funny.  Probably very few people would actually want one, but it could be fun.  Even a Freelo one could be hilarious.  I do have a friend that owns his own t-shirt business...

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2200 on: May 3, 2006, 02:48 PM »
I wish I could go to something like that.  Maybe at yakface I'll offer some sort of Rykrof t-shirts, it would be kind of funny.  Probably very few people would actually want one, but it could be fun.  Even a Freelo one could be hilarious.  I do have a friend that owns his own t-shirt business...

Hey, Niub Niub sold his T's - ask him how it went   ;) 

Anyway, I think your Rykrof is popular enough at this point that I'm sure at least a few people would want one! And I'm glad you liked the Snodd T  ;D

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: May 3, 2006, 03:03 PM »
I want a Snodd shirt too!!!! It was my joke. :P I'm glad everyone liked it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: May 3, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Not that it's a competition, but the original name for Snodd when he appeared in the Dathomir parts of the Rykrof series was derived from Zod from Superman II... "Kneel before Snodd" was something that crossed my mind a long time ago, I just never mentioned it but Ennis was the first to really state it, and I'm glad he did.

Here's a pic of his original appearance -

The shirt idea is hilarious.  I really could see if my friend could make some... if anyone is serious about it please shoot me a PM.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2203 on: May 3, 2006, 06:17 PM »
...Ennis was the first to really state it, and I'm glad he did....
Me too - it's a great joke Chewie! Thank you Ennis for bringing it to my attention - I honestly would never have thought of it if you hadn't brought it up  :)  You da man!

And that's one hell of an upgrade, C. He looked pretty good before, but this latest incarnation is, without a doubt, way superior.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: May 3, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Thanks PenDragog, and to be honest now I am thinking that maybe Darth Delicious coined "Kneel before Snodd" a while back... but who knows.  Thanks for making that t-shirt design, it's so funny.