Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 473797 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated thursday 5.11.06
« Reply #2235 on: May 13, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Ok, in the midst of trying to use my free time to get back on track... here's a photonovel poster preview pic.  Going to see United 93 tonight but after that hopefully tonight I can concentrate some more on the photonovels and a couple new customs.

:)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:37 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 5.13.06
« Reply #2236 on: May 14, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Good for you, Chewie. It's a well-made film, and probably one of the most historically accurate I've ever seen. 

I think it says something pretty sad about our country when a movie like United 93 comes out and no one goes to see it.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #2237 on: May 14, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Ya. I want to see that too. My family is deeply rooted in the government and my cousin in D.C. is on a misionary trip to Afghanistan. I feel that it is important for people to see that when all seems lost, you still have a chance to change the outcome. All you need is courage.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 14, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Yeah I saw it last night and it was very well done.  I know we're not supposed to get political at all so all I'll say is that I think everyone should see it, regardless of your views.

Back on topic though I will have at least 3 new customs to show tonight.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2239 on: May 14, 2006, 04:16 PM »
I do a little celebration dance.
ALRIGHT new update. does a break dance spin(yeah right ::) I wish I could)  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 04:17 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 14, 2006, 06:39 PM »
The nice thing about that film is that it has nothing to do with politics. Characters are portrayed realistically, with all the human flaws therein.

Some people have asked if this film came "too soon," but looking at the country and it's relapse into apathy...I think it came too late.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 14, 2006, 08:24 PM »

I think it says something pretty sad about our country when a movie like United 93 comes out and no one goes to see it.

-DD

I think you're being a little hard on people, DD.  I have no intention of seeing this movie, just watching the trailer was very disturbing and I think many people feel the same way.

Doesn't necessarily make them apathetic that they don't want to see a dramatic depiction of one of the most horrible moments in our nation's history, no matter how artfully and respectfully it's done.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 14, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Back on topic, COOL image, Chewie.  Even though I'm not in love with Rykrof's new (old) uniform.

Like I said a while back, you should make a "movie poster" image for every chapter!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 14, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Well I think it's a good film to see and there wasn't a dry eye in the audience.  I admit it was hard to see, but I'd see it again.  It seemed to be a reality of what happened, and it's amazing to see the perspective of all the people that actually were involved in it, especially all the air traffic control personnel who actually portrayed themselves in the film.  I was really touched by this movie.

On the "movie style" posters, I will be making them for each one.  And here are some customs I just finished up.

SET GAGE - A Jedi Padawan.

head - BBI figure
torso/arms/legs - EPI Soft Goods Obi Wan
skirt piece - ROTS Kit Fisto

QUEEN JAMILLA - The Queen of Naboo.

head - SAGA2 Lucas human daughter
torso/skirt - SAGA2 Lucas twi'lek daughter
arms - EPI Senate Queen Amidala
hands - ROTS Chancellor Palpatine

TRIGG FUUDA - The original leader of the Badoo Corba.

head - SAGA2 Bib Fortuna
torso/arms - OTC General Madine
vest - POTJ Bespin Han Solo
gloves - ROTS Firespeeder pilot
skirt piece - Evolutions Darth Maul
legs - Pirates of the Carribean figure

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 5.15.06
« Reply #2244 on: May 14, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Nice looking customs, but I have two quick questions -

Why didn't you try to paint Jamilla's face white, with the ceremonial make-up she wears in AOTC (like Padme did).

Also, the original Trigg Fudda had the head of the Jedi twilek from the Clone Wars pack.  Why didn't you re-use that head?  This figure is MUBBAS fudda, not Trigg!

Great stuff, though.  I haven't bought the lucas set yet...it looks like great custom fodder, but pricey at $40!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 14, 2006, 11:52 PM »
On the Jamilla, it's not supposed to be her from AOTC, but later on.  I figure she's going to change makeup and appearance quite a bit, so this is a custom of her that will appear in a photonovel after the events of AOTC.   I originally started trying to paint the face white but it started looking like a clown, so I had to soak the paint off and start over.  I haven't had a whole of free time to customize lately... not perfect but I tried. 

On Trigg Fuuda, he never ever had that head from the Clone Wars Jedi... it was always a POTF2 Bib Fortuna head and since I'm going back and redoing these, I wanted to update his head.  For reference -

Not sure why you're jumping all over me for it though... but it's supposed to be Trigg, not Mubaas.  Sorry if you don't like it...

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 15, 2006, 12:58 AM »
Regarding Jamilla -  That's cool about her appearance.  I definitely like the figure and, yeah, those queens sure do vary their wardrobe/make-up.  I was thinking about using one of those Lucas figures for some kind of female queen or senator, so I'm glad you paved the way with another fine custom.

And Trigg -  Oops!  You're right, you DID use the POTF2 Bib head.  I knew it was different than Mubbas, though, and I just think you should keep the head the same as the original, since you used the newer head for Mubbas and it might get confusing.

But, please, I wasn't trying to "jump all over you" at all!  I love these customs and all of your work, just trying to offer a bit of constructive criticism.   :) :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26 AM »
It's ok, I should have mentioned more that Jamilla's look was a fan fic design.  On the Trigg-Mubaas connection, I know it can get confusing.

For Mubaas here's the way he looks so hopefully it's different enough but it might not be.  He has the headwrap thing to try and distinguish him.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 15, 2006, 03:24 AM »
Hey Chewie. Fun stuff, makes me sad I don't have time to customize lately.

SET GAGE- I know he's not meant as anything more than another background Jedi, but I really like the color scheme on him, the grey looks really good. One thing about those BBI heads though...I'd take a micron pen and outline his upper eyelid...without it, those BBI guys look a little surprised.

QUEEN JAMILLA: A nice fan-fic version of her, and a good use for an otherwise boring figure. I'm glad the head is somewhat generic and isn't completely accurate to Amanda Lucas...on the Lucas Family box she looks like Andre the Giant.

TRIGG II ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: My favorite of the bunch, and a great update to this important villain. The parts choice is awesome, and I especially like the Maul Evo skirt and the weathered vest.

Can't wait to see what you have in store with the special editions...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2249 on: May 15, 2006, 03:01 PM »
Man I love that Gran terrorist you made. What's his name? Toffarr the Terrible? He's ******* awesome.  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram