Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474695 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated 4.16.05
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2005, 10:43 PM »
I'm sure Chewie and I are both waiting for when all the ROTS figures clogging the shelves start to go clearance. Fodder galore!  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I'm sure Chewie and I are both waiting for when all the ROTS figures clogging the shelves start to go clearance. Fodder galore!  ;)

-DD

You better believe it!

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2005, 12:58 AM »
my wife wants to have a baby Wookiee or two.

Troops aren't marching? :-\ Had to bring a Wookiee in to do a mans job?

I joke, I joke. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Pil Frighn an Excellent Ishi Tib. I'm liking him a whole lot. I bet you have a clue or two why  :)
What body did you use on him though? I don't recognize it at all.

Traeden Cusiro Thist guys pretty cool too, a seemingly random human.

Chornn. Question. Did you sculpt that head, or get a cast. because I don't remember Hasbro ever doing one? It's pretty damn cool.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Very nice, CHEWIE! Let me see...

Pil Frighn: I'm guessing the Ishi Tib is a ROTS Mas Amedda body. Well, it looks amazing! The subtle skin gradations on his face are especially well done. In my opinion, detailing is where you really excel as a customizer. Your stuff really ends up looking realistic, and this one's no exception. I find myself wondering where he fits in to the story. Is he a Senator's aide? A crimelord's administrator? Just some dude walking home in the background? Time will tell.

Traeden Cusiro: This guy has ex-military written all over him, and maybe it wasn't a good experience, because his eyes look kind of crazy. Great use of the Ki-Adi-Mundi body.

Chornn: Is that Ricky UK's head cast, or one of your own? Whichever, it looks awesome. I wonder why Hasbro has yet to make an Advosce? Anyway, I like this one too, that Kit Fisto body is really versatile, even more so when you realize how easy it is to pop the lower torso out and mix and match with the other Jedi. Again, the detailing is fantastic. Can't wait to see this guy in action; I assume he's a Jedi? (Although the robes work for just a regular guy as well...)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Ha Ha Famine.  You are a funny man.   ;)

Thanks for the comments hosting them Dimetrodon.  And thanks for the expert analysis DD.

Here's a quick note about each one -

Pil Frighn

Yep, that body is from the ROTS Mas Amedda body, and he is for the series.  I don't want to give too much away about him yet (thanks for the Ishi Tib you sent me Dimetrodon).

Traeden Cusiro

He was a quick, simple custom and yes for the series and from a Ki Adi Mundi body.  He will be a somewhat important character somewhere down the road.  I had't made too many human customs lately, so this one was kind of a breath of fresh air.  The head was from one of those military guys at TRU - the Navy Seals series from a few years ago.

Chornn

Yep - I got the head from Ricky UK - he sent it as a freebie in a trade we made a while back.  I had to just glue the head on, so there's no articulation there.  The hands are from the Bust-Up Darth Sidious.  I did use a Kit Fisto body, but he's not intended to be a Jedi.  If I get another of these heads someday, I want to make another of this cool alien.  I can't believe Hasbro still hasn't made one, but I doubt they can do much better on the head sculpt than Ricky did.  I am thinking this guy is gonna be a scum friend of Trigg Fuuda as a member of the Badoo Corba organization.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 4.17.05
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2005, 06:02 PM »
Looking good CHEWIE!!! :) 

These ROTS Figures sure do have great bodies hidden under all the robes.  :)

My only suggestion is to add something to Chornn if he isn't supposed to be a Jedi then he looks too much like one. Maybe a bandolier or holster or something, it doesn't need to be anything major, just something  not very Jedi like. I think you can get away with leaving Traeden Cusiro the way he is because of the collar, not many Jedi have collars like that and Kit's inner robes are a bit different, but Chornn  looks too Jedi-ish the way he is.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2005, 11:10 PM »
That's a good idea, SLC. Maybe Chewie could give him a gun holster, or CW Anakin's bandolier or something.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2005, 11:20 PM »
I will keep that in mind when he shows up in a photonovel - definitely some good suggestions.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Hey Chewie,

I was just checking out your updated page at the Custom Alliance...wow! There's a LOT of guys in there I've never seen before! There's a KelDorian and a Trandoshan in there that blew me away!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Thanks DD - Yeah, big update there on my stuff.  I actually asked Dan not to post those with the Tantive IV background as those are very old pics, and I was gonna retake them as the quality on some of them sucks.

Guess I'll post a few images here too -

I'm really not too proud of most of these.   Not some of my better work :-[

I did send new pics tonight to my hosting buddies here of a Clone Gunner Station that I just made.  Should be up sometime in the near future.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2005, 09:55 PM »
Freakin sweet!

I want one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2005, 10:02 PM »
I still like them :) I remember seeing the Falleen before And maybe the bottom guys.

Greenish pilot guy- is decent, not one of your better figures but he isn't bad, he is kinda shiney though.

Kel Dors Fellow - Kel Dors are one of my favorite races in SW I like this guy, I is a nice hood/cloak. Overall a prety good figure

Falleen Pirate- He looks great!! I love the skin tone and the hair has nice highlights, The body is great, I Djas Puhr's body is great for Pirate/spacer types.

Trandoshan- I really like his skin as well. The head looks great, theyes are sweet and so is the skin color His costume is pretty cool too, I like the baggy clothes but he needs Trando feet or boots, I don't imagine those would be very comfortable on his feet.

Rodian- Nothing wrong there. Nice use of parts and the paint job is great as usuall.

Human Skiff Guard- Probably the worst of the bunch but he isn't that bad. He seems to be out of proportion by quit a bit. His neck is too long, his arms aren't long enough, His legs must be huge if his skirt thingy starts up that high, or he likes wearing his belt like a grandpa. ;) His feet/boots look a tad small as well but the great paint job adds to it, to make them a bit less noticeable.

The turret Box- It looks pretty cool! It could use some more battle damage, like some chunks blown out and a tad bit more weathering. Maybe and opening door or some way in and some kind of head cover so it is harder to snipe him, but it still loks good. Anything does with SA clones :) (And I'm not knocking your creation when I say that)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 10:02 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 4.19.05
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2005, 10:37 PM »
Thanks for all of the comments SLC, and for that quick host/post Famine.

Ok, reaction to comments (most of these are crappy customs I think) -

Green pilot - I did basically nothing to this figure.  I'm too lazy at times.  It's just the SAGA A-Wing pilot with a helmet from the little monkey from Planet of the Apes.

Kel Dor - I really don't care for this one.  I think I used a Bib Fortuna body w/ a hood I cut off from the POTJ robed TPM Obi Wan and a coat from some Hobbit figure I found on clearance at Walmart.

Falleen - I do like this guy.  I drilled a hole in the back of his head and stuck in an Aurra Sing ponytail.

Trandoshan - I found a Pote Snikin loose for $5 at a Toy Show, so I figured I would get it.  I think he'll be a slaver or something for the photonovel series.

Rodain - Boshek body, CT Greedo head and arms.  I need to repaint his skin.  I didn't realize what a lazy job I did painting.

Human Guard - All this is, is a 21st Century figure.  All I did was add a new head and helmet, and repaint some.  I figure he's just some tall, lanky type.  He has no friends because of his tiny feet, so he decided to become a thug.

Turret Box - Just a simple repaint of a toy I found for sale at www.smallblueplanet.com - it originally came on stilts as a guard watch tower.  I like it like this because it reminds me of something out of Battlefront on XBOX.  When I have some more $$$ I am gonna order a few more.  It does have a walkway in the back of it.  When I use it in a photonovel, it will have different views to show this.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 4.19.05
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2005, 10:59 PM »
CHEWIE: If you don't like that Kel Dorian, I'd be happy to buy/trade it from you.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!