Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475060 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Sunday 6.11.06
« Reply #2415 on: June 11, 2006, 09:08 PM »
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! When did Boracca die?? Somehow I missed that. What episode was that?? :'(

I I like the way he looks now but I will miss his dreadlocks.( and him as well now). Finds is right he needs something. I was going to make a joke about a naked Wookie, but I digress. Did you do something to alter his height? He looks friggin huge compared to Rykroff.

The Rorrin Corrob is excellent. Ive been waiting for the Momaw figure to do the exact same thing. Well, not exactly like yours but you get the point. ;D

I also like how you took the left over chest and made the Rodian.

I love the fact that you can scrape up whatever spare parts that are lying around and make something cool out of it. It borders on amazing.

Im just looking to try to find the Tattooine wave right now. T this point Im thinking about starting the Great Pegwarmer Roundup again just to get rid of the poor Vaders that are clogging the shelves around here.

You update so fast somethimes its hard to remember what Ive commented on, but I love the 501st Rykroff just in case.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #2416 on: June 12, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Wow... Chewie, you never seem to stop impressing me with your part choices on your figures.  CHEEDO looks great. Iwould never have thought to use the Hammerhead torso for a custom like that.  The parts go great together.  BORACCA looks really imposing.  He's freakin' huge.  That is how a wookie should be.  You did a great job on painting him up and the wash you gave him works really well for fur. 

Another great update!
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #2417 on: June 12, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Cheedo is extreemly cool. Very nicely put together and painted.
I love the bare wookie. I was expecting to see alot of these
kinds of wokies in ROTS. But they were more dressed up than some
twileks... Very cool.

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: June 12, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Cheetos rock. Cheedo seems to think so too...

I couldn't help thinking of that when I say him. Nice parts selection and as always a nice paint job chewie.  :) Even better name, worth quite the chuckle. ;)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2419 on: June 12, 2006, 10:12 PM »
LOL nice W_W.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: June 12, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Cheetos rock. Cheedo seems to think so too...

I couldn't help thinking of that when I say him. Nice parts selection and as always a nice paint job chewie.  :) Even better name, worth quite the chuckle. ;)

Cheedo's got the munchies....  ;D

In all seriousness - I realized I haven't commented on this batch yet (FOR SHAME!)

Cheedo is one of my favorite customs from you recently.  I just love the Momaw body and blended with the other parts.  I think its great how you can use all the parts from 2-3 figures and make 2-3 different customs so well.  So many times I make a custom, the rest of the parts go to the fodder bin!

Drab looks great for a background guy.  I need to make a bunch of these guys for a couple locales in the PN (Gardulla's and a Cantina).  Hopefully one weekend I can knock out a bunch of these.

I'm with everyone else - I can't believe how BIG Bocorra is.  Its a great use of parts from the wookie's we have available. 

Roronn - I'm digging the upgraded version.  I'm wainting for find Momaw as well so I can update my Roronn too!

Keep 'em coming Chewie.  You seem to be getting your rythmn back.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 13, 2006, 01:00 PM »
Good set of customs, CHEWIE.

Drab is a perfect background character, paintwise and articulation wise.

Cheedo is great! Fantastic use of parts. He actually looks like he's wearing an oversized hoody. Reminds me of school...

I have one criticism about Borraca. His head seems to be too small for the Preview Wookiee's body. I think a VOTC/Early Bird Chewie body would look better, but I know those are harder to come by. Other than that, it looks good.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2422 on: June 13, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Hey CHEWIE, I can't see any of your customs on the past 4 or 5 pages, which totally sucks because I can see you have a new Trofarr the Terrible listed (my favorite character). Are you having server problems?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: June 14, 2006, 02:36 AM »
Guys thanks for all the feedback!  It keeps motivating me when you guys share your ideas.

Dimetrodon - I like that guy too... he was a terrorist executioner in one of the photonovels.

Ennis - Boracca dies early on in the series - I think you're thinking of the other Wookiee, Ralbarr, who is still alive at this point.  I didn't do anything to alter the Wookiee's height... just added the different head.  He seems very tall.

Phalanxx - Thanks for the comments, and yeah I do like the Rodian too... background characters like this are something I used to make a lot, I guess I need to get back on that kick.

Word_Weaver - Very funny.  I almost named him Cheeto, but thought Cheedo would be a bit better.  I love the pic by the way, that's just hilarious!

BrentS - Thanks as always my friend.  And you're right, I've been having a little more time lately to customize/work on photonovels... but think for the next few months my focus will have to be the PN's.

Diddly - Good to hear from you man!  I hope you make some new PN's soon... loved your series.  On Boracca, the head may be a bit small, but actually the VOTC/Early bird Chewie heads are even smaller!  PLus this was the head he had originally when he was on a different body, so I decided to stick with that.

Lando - Sorry buddy... they should be working now?  I didn't realize they weren't showing.

Anyways, I will be concentrating 90% of my customs time to the photonovels for a while now.  In the past few weeks I've been able to post the following:

CRISIS ON ABRIDON

UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE

ANTI JEDI

So please check those out if you have time, and I'd love to hear suggestions.  I've gotten a few good ones and am always eager for more, as your ideas/feedback does influence me.  And I am working hard to get #4 redone and up too.  Here are a couple previews of it:

Thanks guys!!!

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Wednesday 6.14.06
« Reply #2424 on: June 14, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Where the hell did that background come from?  It looks awesome!  It seems like it might be digital but I can't tell for sure.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2425 on: June 14, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Justin dude, I'm sooo gonna have to steal borrow that protocal recipe. I never would have thought to use that body.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2426 on: June 14, 2006, 09:56 AM »
CHEWIE, those customs are freakin awesome!!!

My favs are Troffar, Rorron Corrob, and Cheedo. Damn, you've really blossomed as a customizer!!!

Great work!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 14, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Brent, I did a search online on a lot of digital 3D painting sites and found that pic.  It seemed to work well.  The site seems fine with people borrowing images as long as it isn't for commercial use.

Thanks guys

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 14, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Can you post a link to that site.  I may need to use some of those ideas.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 14, 2006, 12:10 PM »
wow youve been really busy with the pn :)
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.