Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474694 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 4.27.05
« Reply #300 on: May 2, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Cool stuff Justin.  I dig that Xixor there.  Kala too...  8)

You've likely answered this long ago, but I'm just curious what the inspiration was for Rykrof Enloe's name...  Just some random mish-moshed name, or something behind it (like Lucas usually does)?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 2, 2005, 03:44 PM »
I like Kala Mly Shundi. That's a fun design. The Badoo Corba terrorist is also realy cool...and I made a Shooda myself long ago! Never knew the name of my custom until now, though.  ;)

Great minds think alike.

-DD
« Last Edit: May 2, 2005, 07:11 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #302 on: May 2, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Uesh Jambler - I really really like this figure, that is a gfreat use for that head. You almost never see it on any customs, it looks really cool. And it has some great drybrushing

Kala Mly- I've never seen that head used before (I remeember it form the debut of Anti-Jedi) and you made it so he doest look goofy, in other words it doesn't just look like a childs head on and adults body. The hads are in a sweet pose as well

Badoo Corba - Again the parts are great, a headyou rarely see on customs and it is done in a way that when you look at it you don't see a Boushh head on another body, you see the figure as unique (if that makes sense) nice color choice too

Xizor- I love Falleen customs my Faleen Jedi is one of my favorite customs that I've done, Nice choice of body, Nute works great for diplomats and all the other slimy scheming types, a perfect fit for Xizor.

Looking forward to the udated version!! I've got a question are we ever going to see the two demon Sith guys in the series? They were so cool looking but I don'tknow how they'd fit in the story. Maybe they'd be in a whole different Pn?
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 2, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Thanks guys for all the comments, etc.

JediMAC - Yeah, the Rykrof Enloe name is just something I made up.  I thought it kinda sounded Star Wars-ish, and sound like a name for a nice guy just trying to be a good upstanding soldier.

DD - The Jedi guy is from the Obi Wan VOTC figure.  His skirt thing is from the Tatooine Attack Anakin, hands from an Ozzel figure, hood from the POTJ young Obi Wan cloak, and head from the Ashla/Jempa two pack.

SLC - Yep, the two Sith Demonic guys will definitely be showing up.  They are still a ways off though.  I have an idea for them that shouldn't interfere too much with the established EU.  Very fun idea that I am dying to get started on... but I have a lot of other stuff in the photonovels that must come first.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 2, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Sweet job. I like all those terrorists for some reason. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 2, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Sweet job. I like all those terrorists for some reason. :P

I'm calling Homeland Security.  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 3, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Well, probably no updates from me for a bit.  My computer crashed last night.  I don't know how long until I can get it up and running again.   :-\

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #307 on: May 3, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Well, probably no updates from me for a bit.  My computer crashed last night.  I don't know how long until I can get it up and running again.   :-\

Wow. You too? Mine crashed last night, again. >:( >:( It was working yesterday during the day then I came back from class and the little gnomes that live in my room had decided they wanted to break the motherboard on my computer, again. Both this time and the last time, it has gone out with a week or two until finals. ******* convenient. >:( ::) And when my hard drive crashed 2 months ago it was right before I had a big paper due. I swear there is no other explaination, other than little gnomes that live in my room and come out to knock down my figures, break my computer, and do anything they can to piss me off while I'm not there. If I catch the little bastards they are going to get it! >:( ;)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 3, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Sorry to hear that... do you have a similar problem to mine?  It sucks... for some reason I clicked on an email that I shouldn't have... now as soon as I get online, I get kicked off and some sort of message pops up that says a different message each time - ususally one of the following -

Make sure scss.exe can connect to the internet!

- or

Make sure server.exe can connect to the internet!

I spent about 5 hours on the phone with Earthlink and Microsoft trying to get it fixed... and no luck!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #309 on: May 3, 2005, 02:50 PM »
No mine is hardware related. My computer uses 256MB DDR2 memory modules. I've got 4 DIMM connector slots for memory, divided into two pairs. One pair has white clips the other has black, (that makes no difference it just distinguishes them) I left for class yesterday, left my computer on, came back an hour later and it wasn't working. Assuming it was the memory I tired to figure out which card was the faulty one so I took them both out and put them in one at a time instead of in pairs. It turns out both the cards work when they are by themselves, them computer starts and runs fine, albeit a bit slowwer, but it works. I tried the two in every possible combination in both the white and black slots (you have to have either one card, or a pair in the same color, you can't have one in black and one in white) and whenever there are two cards in the computer won't start. That's when I figured out that my motherboard is shot, again, with a week before finals and I have a paper due Friday. The motherboard and power uspply stopped working last semester at the exact same time, but back then I couldn't even turn it on because the power supply was broken. This time at least it functions, not very well, but it works. So i've got to replace my motherboard for a second time. This is so ******* frustrating. Back at the end of February/begining of March, my hard drive quit working, so I couldn't turn on the computer, I lost every file I had. And I had a paper due within the week. Luckily I had backed some of my stuff up, but that was back in August so I still lost a lot. I had luckily emailed my self a copy of what I had done so far because I had planned on working on it at the library a few days earlier, which I never did, so I got really lucky I had accidentally made a backup. I'm still replcaing those files, I had to redo all my SG-1 custom cards, and I had several SW cards as well that were lost and I'll have to redo at somepoint. I'm not making this up either this is a true story. It ******* sucks, it makes me so angry that these kinds of things can't just work. I have never had problems with Dells before or even my families 9 year old Compaq. Oh I forgot, I used Norton antivirus and back in November or December, it decided to quit working after 3 months, I supposedly had a 15 month subsription through Dell. When I try to update it,it tells me I have exceeded the max number of downloads and my trial subcription has ended and the program doesn't work at all. When I try and register the program with the symantec server it says it can't establish a connection, so I can't re-register it or check the status of my account.

Moral of the story... the little gnomes that break my computer suck! And if I ever see them, they are dead! >:( ::) :P
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 3, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Oh man, that really sucks.

Do you think my problem is a virus?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 3, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Chewie,

Go to Symantec's website. If it's a virus, they'll probably already have the descriptions of the problem and have the downloadable patch.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 3, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Chewie,

Go to Symantec's website. If it's a virus, they'll probably already have the descriptions of the problem and have the downloadable patch.

-DD

He can't get online.

Looks like I'll have to post Crisis for him, unless he does it from work?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 3, 2005, 05:48 PM »
I got a CD today from the IT guy here at work.  Hope it fixes it.

Yeah Famine, I can probably post Crisis from work once I have the URL's.

Damn internet problems...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: May 4, 2005, 01:20 AM »
Hmmm... been a hold-up on posting the redone version of Crisis on Abridon.  Sorry.

Anyways, here's another poster of figures, this is from the 3rd story, Anti-Jedi.

CHEWIE,

Did the Abridon name come to you or did you pull that from EU?  I was curious because the only place I've heardit mentioned before is in a game I love but I haven't seen others list it in their fan-fic work before.  Just wondered.

Anyway, onto the figures...

Great as always.  That Corba terrorist is interesting.  A nice design.

I have to agree with the sentiment that Xixor looks great.  Far superior to Hasbro's figure, and very sinister in robes.  I'd almost like a new Xixor after seeing yours (almost...  I still don't like that series, haha)

Pretty good stuff all around.  Definite inspiration for potential future fan-fic customs too.  Always have those floating around in my head.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77