Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474351 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 6.13.05
« Reply #495 on: June 13, 2005, 02:58 AM »
Great googly moogly!

You hit us with a HUGE update today, Chewie...I am impressed! Let's see, where to begin...

RODIAN SENATOR

This looks amazing. The blue paintjob really sets this apart from the red robes of Tion Meddon, and goes nicely with the Rodian's shade of skin.

SNIPER DROID

Believe it or not, I just cut up that same sniper rifle for a Clone I'm working on based off of Gregorbians' work. Now I have to get a few more for my "Battlefront" set.  ;)

UTAPAU OFFICER

Very cool! I wanted to see more of these guys in the film; but now I'm sure I'll at least get to see more of them in the Rykrof Enloe series. I like him a lot.

AOTC FLAMETHROWER CLONE

Wow! Simple but effective. Great flame effect; can't wait to see him in action against some super battle droids...especially now that we know how weak they are against a little fire.  ;D

ASSASSIN DROID

Easily my favorite. A masterful mix of parts and a great color scheme really make this guy. I see Library droids, 8D8, Grievous, and EV-9D9 in this one. Makes me wonder what you have up your sleeve for the rest of Grievous' body. Oh, and BTW...I want one of these.   :D

EMPEROR PALPATINE

Very cool, much better than Hasbro's version. I like the electicity effect as well; you're really getting good with the SFX.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #496 on: June 13, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Great job CHEWIE!  I like the Flame Thrower Clone, very cool. 
The Sniper Battle Droid is really cool too, I love Battlefront!  :P
I think my favorite is the Assassin Droid, that's a very clever use of parts.  Did they all piece together fine or did you have to do some resculpting?  It's too bad hasbro didn't give EV-9D9's legs knee joints!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 13, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Thanks buddies.

The droid guy pieced together pretty well.  I used a saber hilt for a neck peg on him, and had to glue the legs in place, but the arms fit perfectly, which is where I got the idea for him.

Any ideas on a name for him?

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #498 on: June 13, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Awesome update CHEWIE!!

RODIAN SENATOR

I almost didn't recognize the body at first, he looks awesome. Very senatorial. The color is great. I trhink it'd be cool if you made him an aide or two.

SNIPER DROID

That's a nice simple looking droid. I like it a lot, the gun is a great choice, it is Bbi correct?

UTAPAU OFFICER

He looks great, that really doesn't even look like Tion's head. I like him a lot.

AOTC FLAMETHROWER CLONE

I love the back pack and the gun he is very nicely done. I think I'd have to suggest some kind of special markings on him though, it wouldn't have to be anything major but mabe just some small markings to help distinguish him a little more.

ASSASSIN DROID

Very cool looking droid! As DD said the parts are masterfully chosen. They fit together so well and the blue green color is really cool. Perhaps he is the Rodian sneators body guard or assassin droid?

EMPEROR PALPATINE

I've had one like this planned since I saw the ROTS Emperor, you pulled it off very nicely, It looks perfect. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 13, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Always a pleasure to see your customs.

I love all of those, very very good stuff.

the Assassin Droid is cool, but has a goofy look to him. The kind of look that woul cause you to underestimate him perhaps. Then, Blam!
A good name for the assassin droid? hmmm

KL-900

Droid Sniper? c'mon chewie  ;)

The Flamethrower Clone is perhaps my favorite of this bunch I really like him. wheres the pack from? look like 80's GI Joe maybe.

I like what you did with the Tion Medon body for the rodian, very nice indeed, as well as where his head went to on the officer.

Emperor? he's just cool, nasty lookin guy.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Droid name?

N.M.E.

Sound it out. (sounds like Enemy)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Good name suggestions.

And yeah, I admit the Sniper Droid is cheesy... but I do think it looks cool with that gun.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 17, 2005, 08:22 PM »
Check this out troops!  Owen D. has made for me one hell of a custom playset.  I don't have it yet, but I will next week -

Look for this masterpiece from styrene to be coming soon in a photonovel near you!   ;)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 6.17.05
« Reply #503 on: June 18, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Well, thats 4 snowtroopers without arms, hehe

That thing is, well, amazing. I'd love to have it sitting on my shelf mid battle scene.
Where can I contact Mr. Driscoll? I'd like to personal congratulate him for this piece among many others.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 18, 2005, 01:28 AM »
Kevin shot me a link to that this afternoon. I've always thought his work was incredible, and when I saw that I was like: "Woah, I want one!!!!"
How does he charge for a commission that large? I noticed a commissions page but I didn't look at it earlier...laziness of my part.

Chewie, when are you going to be finishing that blasted next Photonovel installment? I'm dying here!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 18, 2005, 02:47 AM »
Well the best way to contact Owen Driscoll is to check out his site - www.owenscustoms.com - I've been chatting with him for quite some time now, usually about Star Wars of course, and we always seem to be working together on some idea for another thing for him to make for me.

His prices are very fair in my opinion, and I don't want to disclose exactly how much the items I have bought from him cost.  A similar project can cost a different amount, depending on the level of difficulty he has with it/amount of materials and work involved too.

For a figure, he's usually straight forward - anywhere from $20-$30 or so, depending on the level of detail.  Which I think is fair.  For a small project (non-figure), it seems to vary around that price range.

At times I feel he could charge more for his work, but at the same time, he seems to realize that I do have a budget too.  I've never bought anything from him that I wasn't 100% satisfied with.  He is the best out there as far as I am concerned.  Great customizer, and an even greater guy.  Someone that I would go out of my way to meet as I bet he's one hell of a model American.   ;D

As for the next photonovel, I promise it is coming soon!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 18, 2005, 03:56 AM »
Oh wow...my compliments to both Owen and CHEWIE....fantastic looking playset...

Now that's the kind of set piece I need to make my photonovels better. ;)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #507 on: June 18, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Damn dude, that battle bunker is amazing!  Give my good word to Owen D.
I can't wait to see that with all of your custom figures on it!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 19, 2005, 10:56 PM »
Here's another preview... still working on this photonovel.  It's very time consuming.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 6.19.05
« Reply #509 on: June 20, 2005, 03:02 AM »
 :o :o :o

Wow Owen's little fortress is phenomonal, I have to get some sheet styrene. That really makes it look production quality. And the weathering and the details on it are perfect. I really want to try my hand at one of those, I could use some.

Coeli's AT-TE is going to make for one hell of a new photonovel. That shot looks great! I think it'd be cooler if the trooper in it was an AT-TE gunner though. Since they still have ATOC style armor in the series, you could just throw a tank gunner pauldron, and maybe the helmet thing on him for a quick custom. I can't wait for Rhen Var I have a feeling it will be your best work yet. :)
"This is the way."