Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474175 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 8.16.05
« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Nice work CHEWIE! I have been wanting to do one of these for awhile but I haven't got around to it yet. Form what I've seen the armor on the arms is the marroon color as well. I wish there was more reference for them. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2005, 10:45 PM »
Gregorbian - No, I actually didn't make backpacks for them... I guess they would have ones similar to regular Snowtroopers? 

Dressel Jr - You need to start showing more pics of your stuff again!

Glassman - I don't know if they can do the YMCA or not since they are Bacara arms... and I'm afraid to try to overpose/bend them since they aren't for me.  I thought about using Clone legs too, but had already committed to using the POTF2 Snowtrooper legs.  Problem is, the Bacara hip holes are terrible; I probably shouldn't have used him as a base.  I only did because his kilt fits good on that body.

Sith Lord Chaos - Yeah, I need to paint more maroon.  It's off to painting I go, but probably not for a couple days.  I need to take a short break.

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #707 on: August 17, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Gregorbian - No, I actually didn't make backpacks for them... I guess they would have ones similar to regular Snowtroopers? 

Here is a reference pic:

I just used the Saga Snowtrooper backpack on mine, but it's not entirely accurate.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 18, 2005, 10:54 PM »
That's a great reference pic.  I think I'll let the guy I made them for add backpacks on if he wants them though, as I'm exhausted from these repaints.  I prefer the easy dry brushing messes I usually create!

Anyways, I think they are finally done now as the one I am making them for kindly requested that I make a few changes.  They might not look that different from before, but there was quite a bit of added maroon paint to try to make them look more like the ones in the movie.  The paint kind of looks black in the pic, but it's really not.  It's a very dark shade of maroon.  I didn't want to make it much lighter because it was looking kind of pink for some reason, and I thought a little darker might make them look meaner.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 8.19.05
« Reply #709 on: August 18, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Looking good CHEWIE. I think that is much closer. Who did you make these for?
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 18, 2005, 11:25 PM »
I made them for a guy that visits www.coreplanets.com a lot, it's the Missouri collecting site.  His name is George.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 18, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Ok, I haven't really done much of any updates lately, mostly because of the latest photonovel and working on those Mygeeto Clones.  I promise I'll update again soon, but until then here are some pics of my collection - there are tons of customs in these pics, so I think it's ok for them to be here.  A lot of the things in here were made by Owen D.

This first one shows the duel in AOTC at the bottom, and up above is the Tusken slaughter scene with some Star Destroyers and Skiffs in the background.

Here is my pathetic version of Jabba's palace along with a cheesy version of Dagobah.

And my awful Kamino battle scene.  This is just terrible, except for the awesome Aiwha that Owen D made for me.

My Endor scene and Rebel hangar on Yavin IV.  I really need to add backdrops, they would look better with them.

Mostly what you see here is my Mos Eisley scene.  It's way too crowded.

And here is a glimpes of the Tantive IV, the Sandcrawler scene and a few various scenes up top that I made.

This one is probably my favorite, and the tower is brand new from Owen D.

Here is a collage of Bespin with several things that Owen D made for me, with a cluster of crap up top.

And some weak attempts for ROTS scenes... I have a lot of work to do on these still.

Here is a version of Palpatine's office that I need to update, a way over populated Outlander Club and some AT-AT's kicking some Rebel tail.

And I think I already showed this, but here it is again, the fort that Owen D made for me recently.

I guess those are about half of my loose collection, I'll get more pics shown sometime in the near future.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 18, 2005, 11:42 PM »
Holy crap man!  :o

Mygeeto Marines - I like the improvements, good job!  Target has some cheap BBi figures nowadays and they have some small packs that might work for the Snowclone backpacks. 

Your Collection: WOW!  Awesome collection!  I love how everything is organized into mini (and not so mini ;)) dioramas.  My favorites would have to be Dagobah, Endor, and the Rebel Hangar; although they're all great (including Kamino  :P).  I think the addition of backdrops (even if they're just cheap printouts) would really make your collection look phenominal.   ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Thanks Greg, that's about 1/2 of my loose displays.  I'll try and get some more pics up soon.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 18, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Thanks Greg, that's about 1/2 of my loose displays.  I'll try and get some more pics up soon.

SWEET!  8)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #715 on: August 18, 2005, 11:51 PM »
1/2 Your loose displays!?  :o :o I'm amazed CHEWIE, your collection room looks fantstic, the mini dios are great, I don't think any are cheesy, they may be small but the get the job done. :P Is that the Bespin dio Owen just made? I saw it on his site the other night, it looks great. Your Collection blows mine out of the water. How many loose figures do you have? :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 18, 2005, 11:56 PM »
1/2 Your loose displays!?  :o :o I'm amazed CHEWIE, your collection room looks fantstic, the mini dios are great, I don't think any are cheesy, they may be small but the get the job done. :P Is that the Bespin dio Owen just made? I saw it on his site the other night, it looks great. Your Collection blows mine out of the water. How many loose figures do you have? :)

Yeah, about 1/2 I'd say.  My Star Wars room has gotten out of control and I'm running out of room fast...

Yeah, that's the Bespin room that Owen just made.  He's made so many things for me the past 6 months or so...

Loose figures?  I don't know... maybe close to 2,000 on display?  And about 500 or so loose in custom fodder boxes I'd say.

Oh yeah, this is the room where the Rykrof Enloe Photonovels are made in.   :)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:57 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #717 on: August 19, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Including fodder you've got 2.5x my loose and carded collection. Impressive. Very impressive. Perhaps you are as strong as the Emperor has forseen. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 19, 2005, 04:25 AM »
Where do you display Rykrof?

He must be in the vault, chilled at a cool 42 degrees, huh? :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 19, 2005, 05:20 AM »
Impressive...MOST impressive.

Well Chewie, I'd say you and I are running neck and neck as far as the collections go...but I don't have them displayed anywhere near as nice as that...and no cool Owen D. pieces to show off either!

Awesome. So when can we all come over and play?  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!