Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474883 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 9.22.05
« Reply #930 on: September 22, 2005, 07:10 PM »
If you heat up the AT-TE Tank Gunner (in warm water or with a hair dryer) you can usually remove the straps because they stretch a bit.  Still, I normally just cut them off because it's quicker and I'm impatient  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25 PM »
I slipped mine off.

Not that hard. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 22, 2005, 11:32 PM »
I'm a cutter too.  Nothing but a no good cutter.

:P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 23, 2005, 11:20 PM »
you no good, cutting, nerfherders are all the same... you make me SICK!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 24, 2005, 12:06 PM »
You forgot scruffy-looking.

Nice AT-ST drivers, btw Chewie. 

As usual, I don't have anything to offer in regards to constructive criticism...your work always blows me away.

B

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 24, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Thanks for the nice words on the AT-ST drivers, I know they're not complicated customs, but sometimes those easier ones are a nice break from some of the other ones.

Speaking of ones like that, here's one that I just finished up today.  His name is Saito Rest.  He'll be a fan-fic bounty hunter for the Rykrof Enloe series.  I also posted this in the Monthly Customizing Challenge, as it falls under this month's category.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 9.24.05
« Reply #936 on: September 24, 2005, 06:59 PM »
i hate you chewie, i was using the same body fo my monthly challenge >:( jk

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #937 on: September 24, 2005, 09:37 PM »
CHEWIE, I like this one but I don't think it is one of your best. I think the drybrushing and base colors look really cool,  think you could try and break it up some more though. Maybe change the color of the chest plate and jetpack to something a little lighter or darker. You could also add some different colored switches, lights, or insignia to the armor. I think the arms need to be shortened quite a bit, they really really long. Your wingspan is supposed to be the same as your height, his hands almost reach his knees and his arms are bent. I have ridiculously long arms, I'm 6'4" but I have a 6'9" wingspan, and my hands only reach the half point on my thighs. I think it is because of the gloves you added, they are a good choice but they add too much length to the forearms, you should trim down the forearms some so the arms are a better length.
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 24, 2005, 10:51 PM »
 As much as I hate it when people use only a few mandalorian parts on a custom I have to admit, you've made this one work, Chewbs! It's one of the most creative ways to use a spare helmet that I've seen! Awesome stuff!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 25, 2005, 01:04 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  It was really the gloves I think that made the arms look too long.  Maybe I ought to change the coloring of the armor some.  Maybe a hint of red, or maybe a dull blue.  Even yellow might work.  But I don't want it to take away from his over paint scheme, I really like the non-colorful look to him.  Most of modern military seems to go for the same shades, and I know this is still a galaxy far, far away, but I do still like the paint scheme some.

Anyways, I was able to get two more customs finished up today, whoo hooo

First up, is Commander Snodd

He will be a Nemoidian Commander in the Clone Wars for the Rykrof Enloe series.  Kind of a fun, different custom to make.  He is kinda dull too I suppose, but I didn't want to spice him up too much.  I like his bland military look.  And that's not a lightsaber on his right hip, it's supposed to be a comm link.

Then, there is Tame Heem.  Tame Heem has appeared numerous times in the Rykrof Enloe series, but the guy needs a change of clothes once in a while.  So here he is in a more casual attire.

All three customs I posted tonight were kind of difficult, especially the Mandalorian and Tame Heem.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.25.05
« Reply #940 on: September 25, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Excellent work as always, CHEWIE. I'm digging the Ithorian Jedi. I may have to "re-visit" the one I made a few years back, especially since he's currently in pieces waiting to be put back together  :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 25, 2005, 10:48 AM »
Thanks Jokabofe, he's actually not a Jedi.  He's a senator in the Rykrof Enloe series, and these are just some more casual clothes for him.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 25, 2005, 11:07 AM »
He's a senator in the Rykrof Enloe series, and these are just some more casual clothes for him.

In other words, he dons these to let his attendants know he's going to the pooper, so they can bring the sanitary arsewipes in.   :o

Nice work Chewie.  You excel at taking figures and parts which a lot of peeps deem crap, and turning them into cool customs.  I salute you!

B

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #943 on: September 25, 2005, 12:03 PM »
Great update CHEWIE!  I really like the Mandalorian, although I would maybe add a little color to his helmet and armor.  Still, if you were going for a more "subdued" look, you really pulled it off.  The drybrushing is great as always!

Commander Snodd is awesome!  My idea for the bio Separatists was to do a squad of Neimoidian soldiers, but I guess you beat me to it!  The parts use is perfect for this guy (I didn't realize how good the Death Star Trooper helmet worked for a Neimoidian - a lot like the Neimoidian Warrior's helmet, but different enought to distinguish him as an officer of some kind). 

The Ithorian is well done too.  What body is that?  Is that just a repaint?  My Momaw Nadon figure has been in store for about 6 years so I don't really remember what he looks like...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 25, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I'm loving that commander Snodd! Awesome use of parts. I never thought the neimoidian warrior's hea would look good on anything, but you made it work yet again, Chewie! Well done!