Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 470899 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOM UPDATE
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Thanks buddy!  I got the story just about finished up now... did a few special effects for that shot and it looks a bit better I think... and yeah, DECEPTION ended a bit abruptly, I didn't want to kill off Trigg Fuuda just yet... actually, this next one takes place right before the Battle of Geonosis... Trigg has been in hiding for almost 10 years, and sends a group of Mandalorians out to do away with Rykrof.

As for your college stuff going on - yeah it sounds like you have quite a bit going on!   If you ever want to chat in private about it or anything else, please feel free to PM or email me.   :)

:P

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOM UPDATE - ASSASSINS OF EVIL PREVIEW
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2005, 01:12 AM »
hmm, mandalorians aren't on the rise around geonosis times. or rather almost completely don't exist, minus jango, montross and a few others. A good source on mandalorians can be found int he jango fett graphic novel, Open Seasons. Another good source is the recent Issue 80 of Insider. But int he case of the story, it doesn't matter really, Mandalorians always make it better.  :D

and now for some more customs by Justin.

From left to right -

Ancient Astromech Droid
Ancient Medical Droid
Sandcrawler Droid
Ancient Assassin Droid

Left to Right

Zabrak Scientist
General Veers - frontline trenchcoat
Rodian Thug

I think maybe the other two are done, but General Veers needs a paint application on his helmet.  What do you think?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 01:12 AM by Dimetrodon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2005, 11:30 AM »
Yeah, those are members of the Mandalorian Remnant... in the story they have a misfortunate incident.

For those customs, I could use a bit of advice on the Veers maybe.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2005, 02:54 PM »
That's a waste of a perfectly good Ardennes German figure!  ;)  Those aren't easy to get ahold of...  Well, not hard either, but they're not cheap!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2005, 03:13 PM »
I've bought a few figures like that one from www.smallblueplanet.com - they have a pretty good selection of 1:18 figures at decent prices.   :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2005, 06:19 PM »
There were Mandalorians in the Clone Wars...just not many. Oh and a bunch of Mandalorian clones.  :P
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2005, 08:48 PM »
More images should be coming soon, and ASSASSINS OF EVIL is completed and should be up for viewing sometime in the near future. 

Angry Ewok, I'll send it to you tonight.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 2, 2005, 03:40 AM »
And here they are

New hood for the emperor, Made from the bust up I believe.

Tantive IV attack scene diorama

and lastly the lars family garage

you are welcome justin  ;)
and I hope all enjoy his works
« Last Edit: February 2, 2005, 03:42 AM by Dimetrodon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 2, 2005, 01:08 PM »
Thanks again Dimetrodon - I appreciate your willingness to help me.   :)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 6, 2005, 04:54 PM »
More customs from CHEWIE

I personally love that sith lord, and the ortolan guy

and out of curiosity, is the sith lord made with any army of darkness parts?

« Last Edit: February 6, 2005, 04:58 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: February 7, 2005, 03:53 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about the last dude.  I see a lot of corpse parts there from an AOD figure (I've yet to get any though...  I never get to a mall to look  ::) ).

The robes on the corpse looking dude are familiar...  The familiarity makes me think maybe switching up the paintjob on it is a good idea.  What's the character to be exactly though, a Senator type guy (just some random, unattractive species) or a Sith like Dime's mentioned?  He looks eviil for sure, but so do many species it seems.

On the Wookie, you did a great paintjob CHEWIE, and he's very different to the Wookie Warrior basic figure...  I dig that.  Not wild about a crude axe as his weapon but that's just my view of Wookies as "something more" than other species.  I could see a more high-tech axe or something though...  Or, a warhammer.  Warhammer's sheer brutality would be a neat weapon that I'd dig seeing in a Wookie's hands.  Something that their physical strength would "back up"...  Vague idea of a reaplacement, I know. 

I'd outfit him with an extra bowcaster too though...  Sucks going into a gunfight with a "knife" so-to-speak so I'd give him even a POTF2 Chewie's bowcaster iwth a sling over his back or some such.  Just that extra umph for ranged battle.

You definitely painted him up much nicer than Hasbro's.  Even the armor looks like you did a bit of work there too.

On Jar Jar, I think it's a shame we have yet to get a GOOD Senator Jar Jar from E2 actually.  While not a pivotal character exactly, he's also not the bumbling idiot he was in E1 and was tolerable.  He'd be cool as a neutral Senator figure some day, and the same can be said for your version...  I'mc urious though if he's based on an E3 costume you've seen or just your own design of what he may look like in E3?  I recognize at least the cloak, and I think it looks great...  I like seeing his ears "back" and sort of out of the way...  More dignified for some odd reason.

My favorite figure then is easily the Max Rebo guy...  Nice use of parts, and it's neat seeing a species we've really only seen once actually out and about as a different character...  That they're not relegated to sitting behind a piano!

The parts work well too, pulling off the squat, bulky body while covering him up quite well with clothes.  That looks really cool, and I'd dig seeing more figures like that out of people.  This is one of the neater customs in a while I think.  Again on the colors though, I think I'd have gone with something different as that looks very close to the base colors...  Kind of muted shirt with a bright tunic.

The only other thing, and I just notice it looking at him more...  The arms seem "long".  I'd shorten them somewhat, as I believe the species' arms are not that long whereas Pote's got arm length like a human does.  Minor, but it caught my eye sort of.  I could be wrong too though, as I don't have the Max figure to look at or a picture of him in the film...  He seems squatter in the arms and body though to me.

All in all, great round-up of figures CHEWIE, nice work.  You should take them over to FFURG to get some input I think...  Lots of voices to add to it there and I'll re-add mine as well of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 7, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Dimetrodon, thanks again for hosting them, and yeah the Sith Lord is from the Army of Darkness deadite figure and a SAGA Palpatine.

Jesse, thanks for the comments....

Sith Lord - I might do a little repainting like you suggest

Wookiee - Yeah, a war hammer or something might be cool.  Including the customs I did for the photonovels, I have about 17 Wookiee Warriors now.  Just gave him the axe for a little variety I guess.

Jar Jar - Yeah, that is loosely based on a picture I saw a while back of what Jar Jar is supposed to look like in ROTS.  I doubt my version is even close to movie accurate.    :(

Bluubo - I thought about using shorter arms, but couldn't find others that I liked that much, and I agree, maybe paiting his outfit a different color could make him look less recognizable.  And he's definitely not in a band.   Just a crazy alien elephant.   :)  I'd like to get several more figures of him and make a few other guys.

FFURG - I've had so many problems trying to chat there for some reason.  Either I am stupid or there's something wrong with my computer here at home and at work that blocks me from the chat there.  I can't figure it out.   ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: February 7, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Hmmm, some work places do block because Jason has trouble with that from time to time...  Hopefully you can get it fixed.

On the Bluubo's arm length, you could always cut the arms short...  I think you'd get the same effect basically.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 7, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Yeah... I think it probably has something to do with my work computer blocking it, and my computer at home is the slowest piece of junk this side of Kessel.   :-\

Anyways, I got my 7th photonovel started today - holy hell, I spent 7 hours on the photos alone!!!  And I know it will take several hours to do the back work on it... This one is probably my most ambitious one yet... I hope people like it. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 8, 2005, 05:49 AM »
CHEWIE, I just sat down and read all of your graphic novels, and I have to say they are awsome! ;D  The only critique I can give you, is for the outside scenes, set em up outside and take 'em! The work might be a little much but it would add so much more to the story. I especially enjoyed Deception. Your customs rock, as always.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...