Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 470913 times)

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 8.3.05
« Reply #630 on: August 3, 2005, 01:57 PM »
Chewie,

Sculpting is frustrating for me, I find it very hard to do it entirely from scratch. If I could make a suggestion though, it would be to try and find a head with a similar hair line around the face that you could blend you rsculpt into. The thich dreadlocks on yours are a step in the right direction, but the hair on the top of the head really sort of just sits there... maybe there's a head (or seperate hair piece like on Agen Kolar, or whoever the long haired Jedi from ROTS is) that you could sclupt on top of...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 3, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion... actually Agen Kolar's mullet is on there.   ;)

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 3, 2005, 03:31 PM »
love the at-at driver.  he is my favorite imperial figure, and first intruduction to the star wars universe.  you definately capture the transitional figure from PT to OT in this custom.  my only thing to add to him would be to put the straps from a Dutch Vander around his legs.  it's a very good try at quin, better than i can do which is why i haven't made a try at him.  i would suggest maybe a Kit body with the hands of Saga Tusken to simulate the bandage wrapping that jedikinght is talking about.  the head is a good choice and love the stuble.  something i've thought of, but keep in mind have not tried, you know those playdoo "tools" where you can squish the playdoo into different long shapes or spagetti.  maybe that would be a good way to create the dred's that quin has.  just a suggestion.  i think i've gone on long enough but just one more thing where do you find those AoD figures at?  they make into awesome figures.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 3, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Metal Jedi - Sorry I missed your question - it's a head from a 21st Century Xtreme Detail figure.

Jedipurge - That's a great idea on the spagetti making play dough stuff for hair!  And thanks for the other suggestions too.  I'll probably use some Tusken hands on a second attempt.

Offline coeli

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 3, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Metal Jedi - Sorry I missed your question - it's a head from a 21st Century Xtreme Detail figure.

Jedipurge - That's a great idea on the spagetti making play dough stuff for hair!  And thanks for the other suggestions too.  I'll probably use some Tusken hands on a second attempt.

thats good for a first attempt Jus! Heck, mine is no better than yours and this was my second attempt!
"How can I get turned on, I am surrounded by little plastic men!";to quote my wife....

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 3, 2005, 04:57 PM »
The figure is much better than you are saying Chewie. I easily recognize this as Vos and not some miscellanous jedi. I wonder what would happen if you took Kit Fisto's tenticles, cut then in half and added them to the Vos? Then add really thinnly rolled sculpty to fill in the remaining areas? I wouldn't add anything to the top of the head but rather the sides blending in the sculpty. I would then use a pointy tool to add texture to the sculpty locks. But then again, I'm known for doing things the hard way.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 3, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Coeli, I remember seeing your Vos.  It looks great.  I like the head you used a lot on that figure.  You made that Qui Gon figure look a lot better than it really is!

Phruby, that's a good idea with the tentacles from Kit Fisto.  The one I made does have some of Tarrful's braids in there.  Thanks for another tip.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 4, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Thanks for all of the kind words.  I was afraid to post this one, it just sucks in my opinion.  I am going to probably start all over from scratch on a different version in a month or so.  I used the Secret Ceremony Anakin because I couldn't find anything the looked better in my fodder boxes.

Send Quinlan to ME! ;D

I love it. I'm a big Quin Vos mark.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 4, 2005, 12:39 AM »
Kevo, if somewhere down the road I decide to part with this custom, I'll be sure to let you know.  I think I might work some more on making the hair look a bit thinner on top.  It looks like he has a giant tarantula growing out of his skull.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 4, 2005, 11:34 AM »
Kevo, if somewhere down the road I decide to part with this custom, I'll be sure to let you know.  I think I might work some more on making the hair look a bit thinner on top.  It looks like he has a giant tarantula growing out of his skull.

I had a giant Tarantula grow from my skull once. Not fun. :(

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 4, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Got any pics?  I'd like to see that.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Frisday 8.5.05
« Reply #641 on: August 4, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Ok, here's another preview.  Probably the last one for a while.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #642 on: August 4, 2005, 11:32 PM »
WOW!  Looking good man!
I know it's finished, but I think for future pics, you might want to take a couple of different poses of the battle droids and AT-RT Walkers.  Still, it looks awesome as is!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 4, 2005, 11:37 PM »
I agree. Maybe some kneeling or prone battle droids. The walker doesn't have much of a range of motion, though. :D

Kevin

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #644 on: August 5, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Suuweet!! :)

I'm really looking forward to #12. I like the Multi-pose idea it wil add some depth to the shot and make it even more intersting to look at. Would that happen to be Naboo? :)
"This is the way."