Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 473813 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 12.22.05
« Reply #1425 on: December 23, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Tedious, when did you make that? It's awesome, especially how you added on the Trandoshan feet.

:P

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 23, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Made it ages ago.

Don't you remember you pointed out that the legs were too long? Which they are, BTW.  ;D

Here a link to my Tedious Customs.Tedious Customs pg 2

You'll notice on that very page that I also did a white AT-RT custom that is almost the same as Phruby's. It happens. Espescially when you are as prolific a customizer as you are CHEWIE.   ;)

BTW, even if you intentionally copied my custom - which I know you didn't and the 2 are not even that similar anyway, I would be nothing but honoured.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 07:50 PM by Darth Tedious »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 23, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Boy am I an idiot or what!  I should have remembered that.  So many customs that sometimes something looks familiar, but I guess it's hard to remember everything.

I do remember seeing that now, and maybe somewhere in my head that's where I got the idea?  I don't know.  But I've been looking for a body for a while to use with the Bossk bust-up, and then I had that extra body due to taking apart an earlier custom that I had never posted pics of (it sucked bad).  So that's how I came up with it.

Great custom - the legs are not too long on your version - my legs must be too short.   ;)

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 23, 2005, 08:59 PM »
Yeah, that Myo body works perfectly in the Trandoshan scale.

I actually do think the legs are too long on mine though. I have to reduce those ammo straps by about 1/2 width and they should be just right.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 23, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Hiya Chewie, I've been out of it for a while,  nice updates especially those trandoshans.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 24, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Thanks Gree.   :) 

Hopefully by Christmas on Sunday I'll have a nice update again.  I was hoping to have the next Rykrof photonovel up, but that's doubtful - been so busy!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 24, 2005, 01:55 AM »
Speaking of Talabar, What is the difference between the Saurin species and the Trandoshan species, anyways? Is it just height difference and length of neck?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 24, 2005, 02:11 AM »
I'm not too sure about the species difference... I think the "real" reason might be that the Saurins were created for ANH in the Cantina scene, and due to their tight budgets, they didn't mess with changing the feet.  Then in ESB they went all out with Bossk, hence the difference in species.  I guess they are very similar, but I think Trandoshans are the more war-like species, slightly larger, and have more claw-like feet.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 24, 2005, 02:55 AM »
Ok!  I got these done for the Monthly Customizing Challenge.  I was in a rush to get them finished tonight because of the Tonnika Sisters project, and the Rykfor Enloe series - so here we go:

Correlian Underground Resistance Rebel Troopers

Made from -

head - OTC Cloud Car Pilot
helmet - SAGA Captain Antilles
torso - SAGA Captain Typho
arms - SAGA Captain Typho
legs - SAGA Captain Typho

I made two of them - can't have just "one of an army builder."   ;)

Please share your thoughts on these guys. They look simple as can be, but painting them took over 4 hours.  I think I might need to add some tan paint to the inside of their helmets perhaps?

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 24, 2005, 03:22 AM »
Wow! Those are incredilby well-thought customs (The wording is weird, but you know what I mean). They look very CorSec-ish and look very similar to rebel soldiers! I love it!

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 24, 2005, 10:41 AM »
I'm not too sure about the species difference... I think the "real" reason might be that the Saurins were created for ANH in the Cantina scene, and due to their tight budgets, they didn't mess with changing the feet.  Then in ESB they went all out with Bossk, hence the difference in species.  I guess they are very similar, but I think Trandoshans are the more war-like species, slightly larger, and have more claw-like feet.

For sure. The hands too. In ANH, a Saurin in the cantina seems to have regular hands as well. They also have black eyes and less ruddy features in general. Here's a pik for comparrisson. Keep in mind that there is a Saurin in ROTJ in Jabba's throne room and Bossk is on the Barge. So I guess GL wanted to hit home that they are 2 different species.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #1436 on: December 24, 2005, 01:55 PM »
I really like the look on that blue clone. looks like hes been around for a few years.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 24, 2005, 02:03 PM »
LOL! I just realized that the Blue Clone is in Stormtrooper armour!

Very subtle! Excellent!  8) :D

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 24, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Nice new customs, CHEWIE. I like the tan in them but maybe paint the inside of their helmet tan too. I'm pretty much done with all my Rebel troops, I'm going to get back to work on some more prequel customs now.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 24, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Thats a Great looking pair of Rebels you've got there Chewie.

I really Like the Pallet you've chosen for these guys. It's very Rebelish. The Parts mix works perfectly. My only critic is with the title you've given these guys. They look to uniform to be underground resistance fighters. I could see these guys as more of a Alderaanian Royal Guard or something like that.

Great job, I can't wait to see more,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg