Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472173 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.09.06
« Reply #1590 on: January 10, 2006, 12:20 AM »
Thanks Jedipurge.  I think you and me might be the only ones that like the hair better this way.  I definitely do and I'm liking it more now.  Let me know when you work on yours!

Thanks Clone Commander Gree and Darth Anton for your comments, and here is the first preview for the next Rykrof Enloe photonovel.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.09.06
« Reply #1591 on: January 10, 2006, 12:21 AM »
VOS-Again, what a phenominal toy. Awsome job buddy!

NOMMEL-Very plain, and very blue. He'll fit well in a scene as a filler or an extra. Maybe even an aid to an important senator.

FEMALE WOOKIEE-Interesting concept, though I can't figure out where it's going myself...

KRAIST-Awsome figure, great execution. I'll be borrowing that recipie, I think. Is it spoken "Christ"?

MYSTERIOUS BOUNTY HUNTER-Love it. I especially like the white fingers, very unique.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 01.10.06
« Reply #1592 on: January 10, 2006, 09:42 AM »
I like that new background Chewie. It looks like the insides of the trash compactor. I didn't know you had a droid ATL ship. Can we get some better pictures of it. It doesn't look complete maybe that is why its scrap.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1593 on: January 10, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Chewie, great preview pic.  It has a old, underground feel too it.  Are the walls modular like they were in the last photonovel?
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 10, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Great Update Chewie!

Nomel> Great Paint Apps. The Part mix works very well. He looks like a former Eliteist who's been living out of Dumpsters, After he lost his fortune. At least thats what I get from his Lavish Robes that Haven't seen a Wash machine in months. Talk about your used Universe. It looks to me like this guys been used up and spit out. I could see a lot of Well off Aliens end up like this after the Emperor Starts his Anti-Alien Policies.

Female Wookie> I don't know if this one comes out very feminine. I think a Closed Mouth Chewie Sculpt or perhaps that Wizard's of the Coast Exclusive, I think his name was Whoor? or Something like that, Would have looked better as a Female Wookie. But, if your going for Chewie In a Medical Gown Your dead on.

Sgt. Kraist> Awsome I love the Look of the Scout Trooper Helmet w/ the Clone Armor. The Color Palet you used for the Armor is Very Urban. Is the Pouldron Removable?

Mysterious Bounty Hunter>The Part mix goes together seemlessly. The Color Palet is very Delta Force like, which is awsome. I can see this guy as a Covert Operative. Only one suggestion give him a Unique Custom Blaster. This is clearly the Gem of the Bunch.

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 10, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Famine - Thanks for the comments.  To clarify, "Kraist" is supposed to be pronounced like "Kraste."

Phruby - You are right, it does have a bit of a trash compactor feel to it.  Once it gets a little more dressed up though, hopefully it will look more unique.  As for the ATL Interceptor, it is complete as far as I know.  I bought it on ebay a while back, it's shown up numerous times in the last few photonovels.  I guess you haven't been reading them, but here's a better pic of it from a previous story -

Phalanxx - Thanks buddy, and yes the walls are modular. I still have a bit of detail work to do on them.

Fritzkrieg - Thanks, I agree that the mystery hunter is the best of the recent ones.  I will give him a different blaster, that was just thrown in there because I was in a hurry.  The pauldron on Kraist is not removable unfortunately, I had to glue it down along with the head.  Making a neck post for this figure was tough, so I finally caved in and did it the easy way.  For the Wookie, I ended up just going with parts I had available.

Thanks guys!  If time permits I'll have another custom or two finished tonight or tomorrow.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 10, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Chewie, I love the look of your backdrop diorama as you have it photographed.  It looks great!  I need to make a backdrop to help set my customs off a little more.  Time to get the creative juices flowing.

Offline Alpha_17

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 10, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Wow, that was one hell of an update!

Commander Kraist -

This guy looks awesome. He fits right in with the 41st Elite. The biker scout head works perfectly on the AT-RT driver body.

Quinlan Voss -

I liked the first version of Quinlan, but the second one looks more accurate. Did you sculpt the hair yourself?'

Mystery bounty hunter -

I can't wait to see this guy show up in your photonovel! I hope he turns out to be Traedon Cusiro!

The Shield just came on, I'll be back to comment on the rest of these when it's over!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 11, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Thanks Alpha and Brent.  If things go well I will have a couple more customs up tonight.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 11, 2006, 03:42 PM »
tonight ?!?!?!? >:(  i need my daily fix of chewie customs up now :'(  can't you get those jawas that you have working in your sweat shop work faster.  ;) 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 11, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Ok, two more customs - these might be my last ones for a bit, as I need to get working on the next Rykrof Enloe photonovel.

B4-D2

Parts used -

head - vintage FX-7
body - POTJ preview astromech droid

ITK (Interrogate, Torture, Kill) Droid

Parts used -

- vintage FX-7
- Star Tours Rex droid
- misc. greeblies

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 01.12.06
« Reply #1601 on: January 11, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Look sir, droids! ;D

I love that little astromech. Of course, I'm a whore for droids to begin with. I also like the torture droid, but he looks more like a moisture vaporator than a droid.

I'm gonna grab a shower myself and then talk to you about them on AIM.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 11, 2006, 10:13 PM »
You customized a Star Tours figure? :'(

You butcher. :-*

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 11, 2006, 11:05 PM »
On the ITK droid, I'll see if I can find some sort of better arms, I'll use them.  Or maybe just add a few more on.  I tried to get the head to look somewhat like an enlarged IG-88.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1604 on: January 12, 2006, 09:46 AM »
CHEWIE -

Sorry I haven't commented in so long. :(

The ITK droid is a superb concept, and I think you're about 80% there. I'd only add like 6 or 8 more arms to make him more like an evil FX-7. To the extent you tried to make the head look like a giant IG, great job. It was the first thought I had when I saw him. :)

The new R-series droid is very well done, too. I love the head, and the paint work is some of your best.

I'll try not to be such a lurker and get more comments in here and there...

Now back to work for me...  :P