Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474177 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 02.21.06
« Reply #1800 on: February 21, 2006, 09:09 AM »
 :o Sweet rebel troopers Chewie!
I would suggest you file off the rank insignia on a couple or they might all be majors!  ;)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 21, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Thanks guys for the nice words, sometimes I like those simple head swaps like that just to have a really easy custom that doesn't require painting.  On a side note, something is wrong with my right wrist (I know that sounds dirty) but lately it's been getting worse and worse... I mean terrible pain.  I don't know if it's carpal tunnel or arthritis or what, but it's awful.  Kind of keeping me from customizing as much lately, and not wanting to work on photonovels.

As for the rank badge, I know I'm in the minority here, but I've never cared one bit about that.  Like if you do a head swap on a Imperial, I don't care if the badge has the same colors, or changed or not.  I've never seen that as something for whatever reason that mattered to me.  Probably because I never have seen a rank listing on what each badge means, so to me they don't mean a lot.

I have I think about 10 more of those Hoth Trooper heads from that figure so I guess when I can afford it I'll grab a few more Derlins.  If I could somehow add articulated knees easily it would be great.  But I don't see that happening.

:P

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 21, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Those troopers look great. Maybe you should try it with the other POTF 2 trooper or the SAGA trooper. But then again, the goggled heads make a great generic trooper. I guess my only suggestion to make those great troopers better would be to give them the Hoth Trooper/Endor Rebel Rifles, and/or find a way to add the backpacks. Great job Justin, and I hope your wrist gets better!!!
I don't know what life would be like without you customizing anymore. 

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1803 on: February 21, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Great idea for your rebel troopers, I might have to try that one. 
Tame Heem and Malon Shaar look excellent, the parts fit together perfectly.
I like the Jaarton custom that you made, I agree with DD - he looks like an old, beat up, "seen some action" kind of guy.  Maybe a "retired" wookiee slave trader now dealing information in the local pub?

I don't mind the Clone Pilot, it looks like a nice simple custom.  I don't think you really need to change it that much; I can't think of anything that I would change on him.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1804 on: February 21, 2006, 08:49 PM »
As for the rank badge, I know I'm in the minority here, but I've never cared one bit about that.  Like if you do a head swap on a Imperial, I don't care if the badge has the same colors, or changed or not.  I've never seen that as something for whatever reason that mattered to me.  Probably because I never have seen a rank listing on what each badge means, so to me they don't mean a lot.

Just in case you're interested here is a great link to some info on Rebel and Imperial rank badges.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/domino.html#plaques
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/order.html#ranks
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/insignia/badges.html

I like the Hoth Troopers. Nice simple headswaps can look really good when the are done right. Personally I'd fix the badges. I do love the military aspect of SW though, so for me that kind of stuff is somewhat of a big deal, I don't like having a whole bunch of majors and no suborinate officers. So I've been fixing the badges on mine.

The Clone Pilot is alright. I really don't think there is reallyu anything really cool about it.  I think it could use some insignia or something to spruce it up a bit. THe hoses look out of place to me for some reason too.

On the Trando I think I'm with DD, I kind of like it for some reason. It is cool to see a somewat stocky Trando, reptilians on earth never tend to be really overweight, and I think this guy looks like he could bepretty buff but he has a bit of insulation.

I'd keep the cloak of Tame Heem it just seems out of place to me for some reason. I do like his aide a lot, there is nothing to complicated about him but he has a real nice "polititian" feel, actually scratch that nothing is nice about polititians, I'll just say he looks like he could fit in with the rest of the political crowd. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 23, 2006, 02:28 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Ryan.  My Derlin army is up to 8 now so I probably need to do some rank badge changes.  Those links now help me understand (and care) about that more.   ;)

Ok, onto a new update.  I have this damn wrist pain (thanks for the nice words Mister Palpatine) and went through hell making these tonight, so maybe that's why the last update or two my work seems to have been taking a downturn.   :-\
I did get a wrist splint for carpal tunnel syndrome so I hope that helps.

Anyways, first off is a character that some of you might remember from earlier in the series, he was the citizen that Rykrof encountered in the very first story - CRISIS ON ABRIDON

Here is a pic that he was in for that original story -

And here he is now -

RAN CEYH

head - EPI Naboo Guard
vest - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper
rest - POTJ Bespin Han Solo

FINIS VALORUM

This is the look I want him to have for upcoming events in the Rykrof Enloe series as he's pretty much not wanting to be seen or recognized on Coruscant.

head - EPI Valorum
body - SAGA Bail Organa
hood - POTJ hooded Obi Wan Kenobi

RYKROF ENLOE

Here he is in civilian gear on Naboo... I really like this one.  First one in a while that I've been happy with.

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
torso - POTJ Bespin Guard
arms - OTC Lobot
vest - POTF 25th Anniversary Han Solo
legs - Evolutions Darth Maul

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 02.23.06
« Reply #1806 on: February 23, 2006, 02:43 AM »
Daddy like.

RAN looks pretty spiffy, and I do remember him.

VALORUM looks kickass. What a great combination of parts on him. Very cool outfit, and I can't wait to see what you have in mind for him.

RYKROF-Kickass civ gear. Very Naboo-ian-ish-whatever the word is. Very simple, very stylish. The Queer Eye guys would be proud of you. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 23, 2006, 02:45 AM »
In Napolean Dynamite voice: "I like Rykrof's sleeves...they're really big."   ;D

Ran Ceyh: I like the new version of him, and it's nice to see you reaching back into photonovels past and giving new life to characters we'd forgotten. I also like how well you did in ramoving this figures facial hair...you can't even tell. I would like to see the colors of his outfit changed...it's just too recognizable as Bespin Han. I think painting his pants a hunter grren or something would lessen the effect.

Finis Valorum: Love the parts choise, and the hood makes a lot of sense. What's going on with his eyes, though? He looks kind of spooky and intense. A haunted man, constantly having to look over his shoulder. If that's what you were going for, you nailed it! Nicely done.

Rykrof: I like this outfit. Not his most complicated, but kind of pimp. Rykrof is a fairly important man now, and this look gives him a nice balance between commoner and someone who's stature in the Republic has been increasing, but he's still clearly not extravagant or even rich. Great job.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 23, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Nice simple set of figures Chewie. I like Ran Ceyh better in this set of clothes than before. What is up with his right eye? The skin color around it looks strange comparted to the rest of the face. It's probably just hasbro. Valorum looks good with the new hood and collar. You did something to the eyes didn't you? He looks older and fater than I remember the head looking originally. Rykrof definately has swashed his buckel with this outfit. Its like he is on his way to perform in the Pirates of Penzance or he is going out with Lobot.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 23, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Thanks guys very much for the feedback.

Famine - Thanks, glad you remembered Ran Ceyh, he was a pretty minor character.  I can't wait to use that Valorum in a photonovel soon.  Very simply outfit design, but I didn't see much need to overdo it.  That outfit for Rykrof to me really reminds me of the 3 Muskateers or a fancy pirate or something.  I think it's a believable Naboo design though, or at least I hope.

Darth Delicious - On the facial hair for Ran Cehy, all I did was repaint his face.  Just covered  the goatee up and it seemed to work nicely like that.  I'll probably repaint his legs or something or swap them out if I can find a good match.  For Valorum's eyes. just trying to show he is aging some and is really under stress.   He's really a haunted man like you said.  And you're right about Rykrof, his importance has grown and he is slowly becoming a known name throughout the Republic, especially with his recent air time on the holonet due to being a Badoo Corba captive. 

Master_Phruby - I don't know what happened under Ran Cehy's eye, I need to touch that up some.  For Valorum's eyes it was just a thin black outlie under his eyes and a new paint dot for the pupils.  On Rykrof, he does have a swashbuckler feel to him, it's the puffy sleeves and solid black and white colors I guess.  His neck looks a bit long I think... it's the collar on the torso.  I might try and shorten it just a bit.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 23, 2006, 04:58 PM »
The Valorum  is awesome. I dont know if it was intentional or not but to me he looks a little older and more weary.

Rykroff looks great as always, no matter what outfit he wears he just screams cool. He looks like he just stepped off a Pirate movie. AS a Pirates of the Carribean fan, I thought this was extra cool. Just doont give him dreadlocks and a swagger, thats already been done.  :P Im looking forward to the next installment as usual.

I too remember the Cehay character from the first installment Im glad to see returning characters, I think this is a great touch. His updated look is nice too.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 23, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Nice work on Ran...Most of the customs I've seen using the EP1 Naboo Guard head have it tilted at a pretty sharp angle. Looks like you got past it. :)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #1812 on: February 23, 2006, 10:20 PM »
I wish I could find my SAGA Bail Organas. I just moved and I had them all in one box that just disapeared. I had like four, two opened, two unopened. The box also had 2 McQuarie concept troops, 1 of each Imp. Dig., and three Padme Lars Homested figs in it. I could really use those right about now. Dang moving company! >:(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 10:36 PM by Alderaan Gaurdian »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 23, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Hey Chewie. What do you think of baseing the next group project on Rykroff? We can all make our own versions of your hero. We could then send them all to you for inclusion in a photonovel where Rykroff gets cloned and has to fight his way out of a facility full of his own clones.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 11:15 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 23, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Chewie,
Its been far to long since I commented on your customs, so here we go:

Valorum - I think he's great.  I'll echo what Alderaan said and I think the painting updates you did on him really make him look ragged and aged.  I hope that was what you were going for!

Rykrof - I'm digging the Lobot sleeves!  He definitely has a Naboo aristocratic look.  I like how you combine some many various parts to create a unique look.   By the way, how many freakin' Endor Saga Rebel heads do you have?!?!?!?

Teem - Ever since I made my Ron Corobb, I'm a sucked for Ithorians.  He looks great!  I actually really like that Mas Amedda body for figures like this.

Jarton - I really like this combination of head and body.  I like the slouched look that he gets - I really think it works. I also really like the dark highlights (is that a contradiction?) on the scales.

Hoth troopers - I picked up several extra Clif Clavens to do something very similar.  Too bad there isn't more variety for those heads to give these guys more distinction.

Keep it up!!