Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 473830 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 02.27.06
« Reply #1845 on: February 27, 2006, 08:55 PM »
DD, I didn't realize that was you (I'll PM you about it).  Thanks buddy and you too Kevo.

Phruby yeah on the box diorama I will definitely add in differnet pieces of furniture and some sculptures for it for different scenes.  I'm not sure how I'll do windows so it will probably just be photoshopped in like you said.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 28, 2006, 03:00 AM »
I got you guys beat. I've got SIX Chewie customs!  ;D Of course, I would love to have one from each of you too.

Famine: I have no doubt I'll love it. I'm dying to see that amazing Chewie paintjob in person! This makes one custom from Owen, and one from Chewie.

We should start a custom exchange program. That might be fun. Doctor Padawan has a few customs from me, and will have a few more soon. I just finished up one for Talon Kaarde tonight...but that's about it.

Of course, if ever I made a custom that Chewie wanted to borrow for his photonovel, he has but to ask.  :P

Wait, come to think of it, I have two Chewie customs...I won one back when we did the auction thing for Darth Ennis. (By the way, Darth_Ennis, you have a PM.) What the hell did I do with that custom?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 28, 2006, 03:11 AM »
I put together a cheesy little photonovel for Darth Ennis' traveling Pimp Kenobi figure.  Sorry if this is retarded.

Cautiously Pimp Kenobi approaches the CHEWIE household, prepared for anthing that may come in his way.

Here he is greeted by Angel, who tells of the tyranny of the evil Sith in CHEWIE's collection room.

After listening carefully to Angel's warning of the evil, Pimp Kenobi sees for himself the ashes of the three dogs who have passed on in the CHEWIE household.

Being a pet lover, he immediately joins the cause for freedom!

Throughout the collection no enemy is safe!

For soon the collection will once again remember the name of Pimp Kenobi!

With the leaders of the Rebellion on his side...

Pimp Kenobi brings down the Empire!

"Thank you," Angel says.  "I'm a straight cool playa," Obi Wan replies.

"And my journey has just begun..."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 02.28.06
« Reply #1848 on: February 28, 2006, 04:21 AM »
And here's a photonovel preview pic finally... the Aiwha was made for me by Owen D, and the clone I made myself.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1849 on: February 28, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Your Pimp Kenobi photonovel is great.  I always enjoy seeing and reading your photonovels.  The photography is amazing as usual.  I really like how you always try to add a colored hue to your photos, it adds so much and makes them look so much more than just a standard photograph. 

But I'm just surprised that Pimp Kenobi wasn't able to pick up more chicks with all that traveling and saving the galaxy he did.   ;D

Your preview pic looks great.  The background looks really good.  I like the water texture, it looks very real and believable.  Can't wait for the next chapter in the novel!
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 28, 2006, 10:07 AM »
That was really funny and kind of disturbing. You actually keep the ashes of your dead pets?  :o Great ending shot of obiwan getting into the mailbox for his journey to Brent.

Cool picture of the clone trooper on the Aiwha. I like the shadow under him. It just seems the brightness of the clone trooper and Aiwha doesn't match with the lighting of the picture. Its like they are in front of a postcard.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 28, 2006, 10:31 AM »

But I'm just surprised that Pimp Kenobi wasn't able to pick up more chicks with all that traveling and saving the galaxy he did.   ;D

I'm hoping he can get his full pimp groove on at my place. ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 28, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Yeah, on the pets, "Kirby" and "Puckett" were both Chows, and when they died they were much to big for the vet to let us take back to bury at my parents house.  They were like family to us... so we decided to have them cremated.   Then my sister's dog, "Frisco" recently died so we decided to do the same with him.  That way we always have a part of our pets with us.  Kinda weird I guess.

Thanks on the "Pimp Kenobi" pics, it was fun.  I wanted to do more with it but time is always hard to come by.

On the Aiwha rider pic, I agree I should fix the lighting a bit more.  Thanks for suggesting that.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 28, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Woohoo!
Pimp Kenobi!
That photonovel was awesome.

By the way, is that clone possibly alpha?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 28, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Nice story about Obi-Pimp Kenobi.  ;D It was very funny. I liked the ending in the mailbox. I love the Aihwah preview. Nice use of Durges Lance. Is there gonna be a battle on Kamino in the future?

P.S.- Don't think that creamating your dogs is weird. I buried three of my fish in my front yard. There were my best friends for a while...  :P  But then again, that was when I had just moved to NC, so don't laugh at me!!! :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 28, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Thanks guys, and yeah I totally understand as a pet lover.  On Kamino I don't think it will be an actual battle, but we'll see.

Here are some more customs that I completed tonight.  I'm very tired but can post recipes if anyone wants them tomorrow -

Roron Corobb

parts used -

head - POTF2 Hammerhead
arms - POTF2 Hammerhead
legs - POTF2 Hammerhead
body - POTC Pablo Jill

Yarael Poof

parts used -

upper body - Screen Scene Yarael Poof
skirt - Screen Scene Kitik Keed'kak

Jenesa

parts used -

head - Oola
hands - ROTS Aayla Secura
body - Annika figure

Alyssa Enloe

head - GI JOE Bombstrike
arms - POTF2 Princess Leia Collection
gloves - Annika figure
body - SAGA Factory Padme

« Last Edit: March 1, 2006, 11:04 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 03.01.06
« Reply #1856 on: February 28, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Chewie,
I really like the Roronn Cobb and Yareal Poof.  I'd definitely like the recipes on those.  The paint detailing you used on the tunics and robes really makes them stand out!

I think Janesa needs more of neck.  With such an, um, enhanced upperbody her lack of neck makes her look "fat"  .... does this outfit make me look fat?

I like the new Alyssa - again, I'd be interested in the recipe (arms and gloves?)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1857 on: March 1, 2006, 12:54 AM »
Wow.. I am really digging this set of customs.

Roron Cobb & Yarael Poof - A really nice, solid pair of Jedi.  The paint apps and weathering on the jedi tunics look really good and make these customs stand out.  I wasn't a big fan of the Yarael Poof figure and character, but this figure makes me rethink my opinion of him.

Jenesa - Nice use of the Annika body.  The body style fits the twi'lek lifestyle very well.  But I have to agree with BrentS, I think she needs a longer neck to fit better with her body type.

Alyssa Enloe - This is my favorite version of Alyssa.  She seems to more in a butt kicking, take charge type of roll with this figure than her previous versions where she was more of a bystander.  Seems more like Rykrof's type.  The droid factory padme with the bare arms work really well together.

Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 1, 2006, 10:25 AM »
"...and here comes the girls!"

Another great set of customs Chewie. Alyssa Enloe is probably the best version of her yet. The head is basically Bombstrike right? Maybe I should add her to my Rykrof custom.

Jenesa is a great use of the Annika body. Is she really taller than most star wars figures?

Thats a good standing up version of Yarael Poof. Did you make that skirt or is that some other robe?

Roron Cobb is definately a figure that hasbro needs to make for us. His lower body does seem a little cold though. What about that breather device that someone mentioned that Greg's toon version needed?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 1, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Thanks guys, I agree that the neck on the Twi'lek is a little short.  With the way the base from the Twi'lek figure is made I don't think I can lengthen it without risking destroying the figure, and it's an expensive body base... so I will probably have to leave it as it is.  

And yes the Jenesa is a bit taller than most figures, which was disappointing because that was to be the base for a Clone Wars Snowbunny Padme.  Her height is another reason I don't think I should try to make her neck longer... she's already kind of tall.  But of course there are tall women out there.

For Roron Cobb I'm not sure about the breathing device, but I'll probably rework the legs some so he doesn't look so darn cold.   :)

For Alyssa, it was a Bombstrike head and thanks for the kind words about her.

I added recipes to the figures, sorry I was too tired to do that last night!